Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for Chris Doherty for mayor if the election were held today?
Yes 17 33.33%
No 34 66.67%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 09:05 AM

4,083 posts, read 9,097,857 times

Advertisements

Don't get the PS3, get the XBOX 360 its a better system and there are more games available.

Old 03-15-2008, 03:12 PM

32,617 posts, read 77,614,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
Don't get the PS3, get the XBOX 360 its a better system and there are more games available.
Thanks for the helpful tip. I've still been hedging between one or the other, but since we don't have a Blu-Ray Disc DVD player, I thought it would be better to spend a bit more money to get that extra perk. I know there's more games as of right now for the XBOX 360, but I figure it has also been out longer than the PS3, so it has the advantage there. I don't spend much time playing video games anyways; as I speak I just got back from an hour-long run about five minutes ago. I just like to occasionally "unwind" by crashing some cars in Grand Theft Auto.

Old 03-15-2008, 03:56 PM

2,940 posts, read 3,967,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWB View Post
MrKrabs, congratulations on winning that $50 gift card. I still have to put mine that I won in the first round back in December to good use soon. I'm anticipating a $500 tax refund in the coming weeks, and I'll likely combine that to buy myself something really nice. I have yet to decide what though. I was at the Sharper Image today in King of Prussia, and I fell in love with a high-end Norelco razor for $250. Being the metrosexual that I am, I might just have to invest in it; I have a VERY difficult time getting a smooth shave. I was also thinking about buying a PS3 or some running accessories. Any ideas on how you'll spend your new gift?
Hey thanks! I would have never known until Monday if I didn't happen to sign on at home today. I'm hardly ever online at home....never usually have the time, and I have a slower than slow dial up connection. Usually when I'm on here, I'm screwing off at work, which I have to do less of if I hope to keep up with my work!

I hardly ever buy videogames anymore, but I was thinking of getting MLB 08 for my PS2, so I think that's what I'll splurge on.

Old 03-15-2008, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKrabs View Post
Hey thanks! I would have never known until Monday if I didn't happen to sign on at home today. I'm hardly ever online at home....never usually have the time, and I have a slower than slow dial up connection. Usually when I'm on here, I'm screwing off at work, which I have to do less of if I hope to keep up with my work!

I hardly ever buy videogames anymore, but I was thinking of getting MLB 08 for my PS2, so I think that's what I'll splurge on.
A friend of mine has MLB 08. Good choice.

Old 03-15-2008, 07:16 PM

142 posts, read 537,189 times
I have no problem spending my tax rebate.

Whatever check I receive makes a quick U-Turn and goes back to pay my city sewer tax and partially pay my city real estate tax. Money well spent.

Old 03-16-2008, 08:47 PM

Thumbs up My Newfound Respect for Local Political Activist Joe Pilchesky

In the past I have had nothing but negative things to say about Scranton political antagonist Joseph Pilchesky, who owns and operates Doherty Deceit, a web site launched primarily to attack the integrity of city officials in hopes of "enlightening" the ignorant masses of taxpayers of just how many of their tax dollars are being wasted. I initially thought his cause was a sincere one, but he lost my respect when he used racial slurs and then instead of apologizing for them actually attempted to JUSTIFY them as being Federally protected. I was also a short-lived member on his Internet forum until he banned me for questioning his authority.

Needless to say with how dull this sub-forum has been as of late I decided to poke my nose onto that forum again this evening, and I was shocked to see that Mr. Pilchesky was actively pursuing leads about Thomas Yerke, chairman of the board of supervisors for Covington Township, who is apparently grossly misusing township property for his own personal gain, accumulating junk cars, and is potentially harmfully polluting the township, more specifically in or near the Eagle Lake planned community. For those of you unfamiliar with Covington Township, it lies between Tobyhanna and Moscow along I-380 and is home to Daleville.

I've been reading a very lengthy thread on that forum in which concerned Covington Township residents are airing their disdain for Mr. Yerke, and I must say that Mr. Pilchesky's professionalism throughout all of this has been refreshing, to say the least. He seems to be genuinely dedicated to getting to the bottom of this, and I applaud him for that. I only wish he'd consider branching out further to investigate the political corruption that is undoubtedly occurring in Pittston Township, Dupont, Avoca, Duryea, and other adjacent communities in the midsection of the metroplex, but I know Scrantonians think that they'll vaporize if they cross the county line.

Mr. Pilchesky, since I know you read this forum on occasion, I just wanted to applaud you for tackling the issue with Mr. Yerke. As a fellow resident of a different township which I view to be politically corrupt, I hope you continue to branch out to attack officials outside of Scranton. They've been picked on long enough while people like Mr. Yerke have just been living high off the hog.

Old 03-20-2008, 06:26 PM

Did anyone else see Nancy Krake's shameless diatribe at this past week's meeting in which she openly begged Janet Evans to run for mayor? She kissed so much derriere that her lips must be permanently affixed to Mrs. Evans's tush!

Old 03-23-2008, 06:35 PM

20 posts, read 23,025 times
Seems that some county employees cut down trees at McDade park for firewood and using county vehicles, took the wood to a house in Luzerne county.......read Pilcheskys' page and enjoy his photo tour too!

Old 03-24-2008, 06:38 AM

4,083 posts, read 9,097,857 times
Your not suprised by that are you?

Old 03-24-2008, 07:51 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,967,807 times
Seems like it the same ol same ol with Washo and O'Brien. Corey O'Brien seems like a shady character to me. His hair is so greasy it looks like he gets his hair done at Jiffy Lube.

Read up on O'Brien's past in student government at Penn State. Interesting reading, apparently he was hated at PSU.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania