Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2023, 10:04 AM

1,935 posts, read 3,143,272 times

Advertisements

https://www.pahomepage.com/news/crim...monroe-county/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2023, 12:01 PM

8,069 posts, read 7,432,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidWebb View Post
LOL NY cops don't even chase suspects anymore, so we won't really be Little New York until we get to that point.

Although it reminds me of a Little New Jersey story about the Saudi Arabian national who stole a school bus in Livingston (my old stomping grounds) and crashed it in Stroudsburg. I never heard much about that story, even with the FBI involvement and "potential terrorism" they found in his diary. I heard a rumor that he might have been heading to the synagogue in Stroudsburg but never heard any details.

Old 02-22-2023, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
LOL NY cops don't even chase suspects anymore, so we won't really be Little New York until we get to that point.
They do out here....

https://www.pahomepage.com/news/crim...monroe-county/

Old 02-22-2023, 04:51 PM

472 posts, read 778,849 times
I don't know these are very petty charges. The courts have become so liberal if caught he might have been held til he saw the judge in the morning but he may have also been released with a bunch of tickets. I don't agree with it but I will tell u this. 8 years ago I was doing discharges and I came across a ROR- this person was already out on bail for 2 strikes and having an illegal firearm. Cop pulled him over he grabbed the cops arm and dragged him down the block doing 40 mph n dropping the cop 300 yards down from the stop. He was released by a liberal judge no extra bail nothing. I really thought it was a mistake, nope!!! I called the judge at home to double check n he reamed me a new one. Hence I will NEVER/EVER vote Democrat again. So David in today's liberal world that's not even a crime. If I took a drug dog and you point in any direction I'll find you pot or worse 5 mins from your front door. This is not a "Monroe County" problem its a United States problem. A lot of small town areas have huge drug problems because there are no police. A lot of cartels and higher up dealers sell in the big city but store their goods in rural America. Ur not in Kansas anymore Toto lol...

Old 02-22-2023, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge621 View Post
So David in today's liberal world that's not even a crime. If I took a drug dog and you point in any direction I'll find you pot or worse 5 mins from your front door. This is not a "Monroe County" problem its a United States problem. A lot of small town areas have huge drug problems because there are no police. A lot of cartels and higher up dealers sell in the big city but store their goods in rural America. Ur not in Kansas anymore Toto lol...
TOTO!! TOTO!! WOOF WOOF!! You're not telling me anything I don't already know....fortunately for me where I live there are some knuckleheads but because its a small little community of 102 houses (some trailers, some brick & mortar) the 2 or 3 we have don't bother the rest of us in our own neighborhood...as for finding pot all I have to do is look to the kid living on my right-side around the corner from the corner from me....I've known him since I moved here when he was 13, big pot smoker, and flies the Confederate flag...he's about 26-28 now and never had a problem with him...but yes they do come out here to hide their stash....that's why there's so many out of state plates here now....especially up in the Mt. Pocono area/Tobyhanna/Tannersville area....and I wouldn't doubt some in the legal are getting paid to look the other way also depending on who they grab and let go....

Old 02-22-2023, 07:13 PM

I bet if you went up to Wayne County where I NEVER see a police presence. Its quiet, neighbourly people, its really a beautiful area. I'd bet there's a bunch of old barn buildings with tonnage of drugs there. Nobody knows cause the BillyBob there is the best neighbor. Plows the neighbors snow, mows Mirtha's lawn and is always a happy guy. Everyone says not here, not in my neighborhood. Its BS!!! Seen it a million times. Meth labs aren't in populated areas. Council Bluffs Iowa one of the biggest fentanyl bust. These idiots making noise in Tobyhanna and Mount Pocono are the users. Nobody that's moving weight up here is doing it out of Tobyhanna. There's too many wanna be gangsters making too much noise up here. The big time crime is happening in silence under everyone's noses. Monroe County is just a distraction for the police, keep them busy with the BS crimes. Your watching closely David trust me its just an illusion cause there is much bigger stuff happening where you least expect it. Keep your eyes and ears open. What you see as obvious is the least of your problems, trust me on that one...

Old 02-23-2023, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge621 View Post
Your watching closely David trust me its just an illusion cause there is much bigger stuff happening where you least expect it. Keep your eyes and ears open. What you see as obvious is the least of your problems, trust me on that one...
I'm not as blind as you're assuming....I've been around since '60 not 2023....

Old 02-23-2023, 04:55 PM

10,231 posts, read 6,315,362 times
short term rentals here becoming big problem. Rent for a day or two and leave. They come and they go. It's like living next door to Motel 6.

Old 02-24-2023, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
short term rentals here becoming big problem. Rent for a day or two and leave. They come and they go. It's like living next door to Motel 6.
I actually manage 11 properties for going on three years and only 2 times I have got called out to a property for noise. I find most tenants are pretty respectful. Complaints I have as a property manager?

1. Broken towel racks
2. Broken coffee makers
3. Recycling
4. Tossing utensils in trash
5. Missing washcloths
******6. There's no hot water!!!!! You got a group of 12 you are not in some high rise building with limitless hot water!!!

I have had one house destroyed $11,000 damage that airbnb paid. Crazy thing the house was 2 doors down from me. They were so quiet and respectful when I walked my dog passed the house. Crazy!!!

Old 02-25-2023, 05:43 AM

490 posts, read 624,004 times
Drugs are everywhere because humans are everywhere, and humans, obviously like drugs. It appears that you can't police them away because they've been trying for years. We have filled up prisons with drug offenders to the point where overcrowding interferes with the ability to incarcerate more violent offenders. We imprison a higher percentage of the population than any other developed country by a large margin. We've allowed private companies to open and run prisons, built more prisons, filled 'em up, and guess what? Still overcrowded.

I've never been affected by crime in The Poconos personally, other than the portion of my taxes that are earmarked for the war on drugs, but I'm well aware that we don't live in some kind of magic bubble.

You may be thinking, if you're so smart Chet, what's your solution? Well, I don't have one. Maybe you guys can figure something out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania