U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 11:46 AM

1,987 posts, read 2,120,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKrabs View Post

Oh my....looks good, but i don't think so......lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2008, 12:51 PM

73 posts, read 179,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKrabs View Post
That's why some people in PA are not very welcoming to NYers. SOME (key word: some) NYers almost have a snobbery about them that they think everything from NY is superior to PA. Makes you wonder why they ever left NY.
totally true. If I had a dollar for everytime I heard we need sidewalks and street lights I would be rich!

Old 06-12-2008, 12:59 PM

2,938 posts, read 1,092,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenLie View Post
totally true. If I had a dollar for everytime I heard we need sidewalks and street lights I would be rich!

Yep...I'm not sure why some people move to the country and expect city amenities....

Old 06-12-2008, 01:46 PM

135 posts, read 245,638 times
ScranBarre- I like to see more development of PA but the pay has got to be raised. Prices for everything is going up and surviving on a $8-9hr job is not going to cut it. Young people are going to college earning degrees but the pay doesn't cut it and they wind up leaving the state for the big cities.

Old 06-12-2008, 01:50 PM

135 posts, read 245,638 times
sues1- I just saw the pic of the scrapple and politely will pass on this scrumptious meal...

Old 06-12-2008, 01:53 PM

12,890 posts, read 12,906,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acevaz View Post
yeah what is scrapple? Sounds like fried scraps and made it into a breakfast item.
I've heard tell that it's the sweepings from the slaughterhouse floor, glued together with some mysterious adhesive substance...bwahahahahahaha!

Old 06-12-2008, 02:56 PM

910 posts, read 2,033,667 times
oooh scrapple looks yucky, but sure is plated pretty
The first time I brought cannolis to my son's school half the people were very excited and the other half had no idea what they even were! Once they all had a taste I had orders the next day. It doesnt matter if it's 'from here' or trucked in from there, it's how you make them...and the other yummy pasteries of course!
Good luck finding a good business to start out here!

Old 06-14-2008, 07:49 AM

755 posts, read 1,587,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrantonluna View Post
I was going to open a NJ style hot dog stand, but the land I was counting on fell through. I found an old trolley car near reading and thought it would have been perfect to modify for use; HGTV had even expressed interest to the trolley's owner to film it's relocation. I was going to pretty much copy places like Hot Dog Johnny's in NJ, all they do is fry skinless dogs in peanut oil. The trolley theme would have been great for buisness, think of the free advertisement you'd get if you brought an authentic trolley car in by helicopter! If you want more details feel free to contact me.
http://pabungalow.com/Trolley/New_00.jpg (broken link)

That would be AWESOME!!! Make sure you keep us posted if you end up going through with it!!!

Old 06-14-2008, 09:37 AM

9,256 posts, read 7,956,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acevaz View Post
Hi !

I was thinking was there any good business to open in PA? I was thinking of diner or bakery off of RT 115? What does anyone think? There is a place on the intersection of RT 115 & RT 903 that would be perfect. It appears that it was an old motel & restaurant but it's getting demolished (so I think it is).

Let me know what you think.

Acevaz

That is an ok location. But I've really thought that the Blakeslee area Of Rt 115 & 940 really needs a fast food place or two. It would be a really good time for a franchise in that area. This area is fast growing, but for a fast bite to eat, have to go all the way to the ends of 940 to do it (near the turnpike entrance or to the 4 points intersection near 611), or to Wilkes-Barre, The Stroudburgs or Brodheadsville. Sit in the WAWA parking lot and watch the cars roll by.

Old 06-14-2008, 02:25 PM

12,890 posts, read 12,906,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poconoproud View Post
That is an ok location. But I've really thought that the Blakeslee area Of Rt 115 & 940 really needs a fast food place or two.
Do you REALLY want to contribute to the health problems of Pennsylvanians?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania