Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 07:22 AM

32 posts, read 34,245 times

Advertisements

I don't like how McCain has been pandering and groveling to anti-Catholic fundamentalist "Christians" like John Hagee and James Dobson. Hagee has slammed the Catholic Church over and over, calling it the "wh*re of Babylon" and Dobson is the world biggest cheerleader for hitting children. Sick people, if you ask me, and I don't think I could vote for anyone who is supported by these clowns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2008, 07:27 AM

1,973 posts, read 5,272,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by W-B proud View Post
Is anyone gonna go see John McCain when he comes to Wilkes-Barre in July? Does anyone even like John McCain?
Today is the BIG day! Is anyone going? Is anyone gonna vote for him? What are your oppinion's on John McCain's first trip to NEPA?

Old 07-23-2008, 07:36 AM

1,229 posts, read 2,911,515 times
wilkes-barre nursing home or hospice?

Old 07-23-2008, 07:46 AM

620 posts, read 2,055,255 times
I'm not going to vote for him...and to me, he seems like he is really not listening to what America wants in terms of this war. There are people who agree with him, and is standing up for their opinion, I guess, but I am not impressed with his lack of willingness to say...we were wrong to go to Iraq and I want to do what I can to get our soldiers home. I think if he were to say that, he'd have a fantastic chance at beating Obama.

To me, he seems to have changed so much over the last couple of years, in preparation to pander to the neo-conservative base that has become so controlling in his party, and it disappoints me because he used to seem like someone who wouldn't have done that.

And I wonder if he sees that Bush et al are beginning to back away from this war as well, now that their cronies have officially ascertained the no bid contracts on Iraq's oil reserve for the next 30 years. Mission accomplished!

Old 07-23-2008, 07:52 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,656,665 times
Right now I am not voting for anyone. This would be a first for me...........
Unless there is some magic in the VP choice..........
Sorry, I know I should............but...........I'm not happy with either side right at this moment.

Old 07-23-2008, 08:55 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times
I'm not voting for McCain.

Old 07-23-2008, 09:10 AM

414 posts, read 1,779,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happycamper5 View Post
wilkes-barre nursing home or hospice?
the Westmoreland Club, where they'll be serving Johnny Walker.......

Old 07-23-2008, 09:47 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WasPA View Post
the Westmoreland Club, where they'll be serving Johnny Walker.......
Perhaps they'll show some silent films too to make Sen. McCain feel at home? Rice pudding, anyone?

Old 07-23-2008, 01:47 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,656,665 times
Scran........Your making fun of "old age"........( but ya did make me laugh)
Silent films, and whaaaa' rice pudding ( I like that pudding really )
I do think that he is a tad bit too old for the job. One of the recent films where he is taking 5 min. to answer, and is twisting his face. It is a 24/7 job.........and I just don't see him doing it.
BTW.........I am not for any certain party, just for the right man in this most important spot. I certainly honor his time of service.........the story is heartening.

Old 07-23-2008, 02:31 PM

703 posts, read 1,546,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
I am not for any certain party, just for the right man in this most important spot.
By "right man" I hope you mean "right policies."

Generally speaking, the personal qualities of Presidents matter very little compared to the policies they represent. A more "Presidential" candidate who backs all the wrong things will never get my vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania