Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 12:16 PM

3,756 posts, read 9,554,237 times

Advertisements

Did anyone else hear this price prediction for a gallon of gas in two years? Something has gotta give..............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2008, 12:27 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,614,858 times
Great news! With any luck maybe, just MAYBE somebody will FINALLY settle in or at least stay put in Scranton or Wilkes-Barre and stop moving to the suburbs.

Old 06-27-2008, 12:29 PM

2,940 posts, read 3,967,807 times
$7/gallon would literally cripple the economy. The price of all goods we buy would be through the roof because of the high price of gas to transport them. I'm no expert, but I don't see gas prices getting any higher than they are now....I'll bet they even drop a bit back to the $3 range.

Old 06-27-2008, 12:37 PM

272 posts, read 1,003,207 times
All we need to do is start to drill and drill, and the price will start to come down on speculation alone, even if it takes five or more years to get the oil to market.

Old 06-27-2008, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransAm View Post
All we need to do is start to drill and drill, and the price will start to come down on speculation alone, even if it takes five or more years to get the oil to market.
What we really need is to elect a president who will take the notion of "alternative energy" SERIOUSLY! While I most certainly admire Sen. McCain for his valiant past military service to our nation, I see he is also a strong proponent for increased domestic off-shore drilling. Well that's fine and dandy, but then what do our children and grandchildren do when those supplies are also depleted? We need to invest billions NOW in researching alternative energies---ethanol, solar, wind, hydroelectric, hydrogen-cellular, cow fart power, whatever. After watching a documentary about what will happen when "Peak Oil" finally hits, I've had the living daylight scared out of me!

Old 06-27-2008, 12:41 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,658,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FightinPhils View Post
I'm no expert, but I don't see gas prices getting any higher than they are now....I'll bet they even drop a bit back to the $3 range.
Can you tell us all where you buy those pills that cause you to dream like that? I dont do drugs but man they sure made you happy.

Just to remind you oil went up $5/barrel yesterday and so far today it is up another $3+.

They promised us back in March gas would hit $4 so why would you not believe the $7 promise.

Old 06-27-2008, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Can you tell us all where you buy those pills that cause you to dream like that? I dont do drugs but man they sure made you happy.

Just to remind you oil went up $5/barrel yesterday and so far today it is up another $3+.

They promised us back in March gas would hit $4 so why would you not believe the $7 promise.
Gasoline will most certainly continue to climb in price. While I just read somewhere that Americans are now conserving fuel much more than ever before to curb consumption, other economies in Asia are enjoying a healthy middle-class boom of their own with millions of people trading in their bicycles for automobiles. I don't foresee fuel prices dropping anytime in my lifetime, unless, of course, our next president pushes for a solid policy to sever our nation's love affair with gasoline.

Old 06-27-2008, 12:52 PM

272 posts, read 1,003,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
What we really need is to elect a president who will take the notion of "alternative energy" SERIOUSLY! While I most certainly admire Sen. McCain for his valiant past military service to our nation, I see he is also a strong proponent for increased domestic off-shore drilling. Well that's fine and dandy, but then what do our children and grandchildren do when those supplies are also depleted? We need to invest billions NOW in researching alternative energies---ethanol, solar, wind, hydroelectric, hydrogen-cellular, cow fart power, whatever. After watching a documentary about what will happen when "Peak Oil" finally hits, I've had the living daylight scared out of me!
Alternative energiers is good, and we will solve this problem, but right now we need is oil , oil is what fules the engine of freedom.

Old 06-27-2008, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post

Because I think the oil companies even know their limits, and if it gets so high that people stop driving, it doesn't do them any good. I think they're pretty close to their limit where if it gets much higher people will seriously start limiting their driving. I think the only reason gas is so high is that we're being gouged, so I don't think they'll gouge us too much more because they'll be shooting themselves in the foot.

Old 06-27-2008, 12:54 PM

Although I will say that if John McCain is elected, and if he is as tight with the oil companies as Dubya is, we might see higher gas prices. I think its time to get the republicans the hell out of there....they're in bed with the oil companies and its killing us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania