Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 11:05 PM

32,606 posts, read 77,274,241 times

Advertisements

Grotto (at least the one at Harvey's Lake) has pretty good Bolis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 08:34 AM

904 posts, read 2,045,855 times
Wait a second, that's Grotto as in Grotto Pizza of Delaware?!? Eww, absolute worst pizza ever made, in my opinion. Even in Delaware, where good pizza is hard to find, Grotto is bad bad bad. I don't know how they spread this far, into a region with lots of good pizza.

I guess some people like it.

Old 07-07-2008, 08:43 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,933,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blip View Post
Wait a second, that's Grotto as in Grotto Pizza of Delaware?!? Eww, absolute worst pizza ever made, in my opinion. Even in Delaware, where good pizza is hard to find, Grotto is bad bad bad. I don't know how they spread this far, into a region with lots of good pizza.

I guess some people like it.

Yes, its the same crap. Grotto actually started here, and then opened up in Delaware. I can't see how, in an area like NEPA with so much good pizza, that people acutally eat that processed-cheese-and-Ragu-on-cardboard served up by Grotto. I also don't understand how Domino's, Pizza Hut, and Papa John's make it around here either. Why buy that chain garbage when you can get real pizza on almost any corner in this area?

Old 07-07-2008, 08:55 AM

1,973 posts, read 5,248,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FightinPhils View Post
Yes, its the same crap. Grotto actually started here, and then opened up in Delaware. I can't see how, in an area like NEPA with so much good pizza, that people acutally eat that processed-cheese-and-Ragu-on-cardboard served up by Grotto. I also don't understand how Domino's, Pizza Hut, and Papa John's make it around here either. Why buy that chain garbage when you can get real pizza on almost any corner in this area?
Not only does thier pizza suck, but its expensive too! They do have a good "pasta night" on Tuesday nights though. It's all you can eat pasta, and it's pretty good, and thier Harvey's Lake location is beautiful, it overlooks the lake itself, but thier pizza, I wouldn't feed it to the dog!

Old 07-07-2008, 08:57 AM

904 posts, read 2,045,855 times
I'd rather NEPA take the blame for this one, but their site says otherwise: Grotto Pizza The Legenday Taste in Delaware (http://www.grottopizza.com/History.html - broken link)

Grotto Pizza was founded in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware in 1960 by 17 year old Dominick Pulieri along with his brother-in-law Joe Paglianite and sister Mary Jean. At that time, pizza slices sold for 20 cents each, and a whole pizza sold for $1.60. But business was less than booming at the start. On Grotto Pizza’s first day of business, only 2 pizzas were sold. The problem? Virtually no one in Rehoboth knew what pizza was.

They still don't...

Old 07-07-2008, 05:31 PM

923 posts, read 3,082,982 times
Default Wow !!

You could knock me over with a feather !! or a pizza !!! I would have bet
money, Grotto Pizza was an original of Harveys Lake.
You -really do-- learn something new everyday !!!

Old 07-07-2008, 09:05 PM

461 posts, read 1,446,412 times
I never really liked O-F Pizza... I think it's the way the cheese sticks to my teeth... eeewww.

It's funny, we were in Arizona and my father in law told he waitress they were from the pizza capital of the world. She said "New York?" then guessed "Chicago?" when they said Old Forge, Pa she looked at them like they were escaped mental patients.

I'm a NY style pizza girl myself

Old 07-07-2008, 11:42 PM

2,940 posts, read 3,933,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkotb View Post
You could knock me over with a feather !! or a pizza !!! I would have bet
money, Grotto Pizza was an original of Harveys Lake.
You -really do-- learn something new everyday !!!
I think it is an original of Harvey's Lake...I believe the secret ingredient in Grotto Pizza is Harvey's Lake sewage.

Old 07-08-2008, 08:13 AM

44 posts, read 69,823 times
Grotto Pizza is good. At least at the Harvey's Lake location. I've had it in its Edwardsville location and it wasn't nearly as good. Don't know what's up with that. But my favorites are Victory Pig and Sizzle Pi.

Old 07-13-2008, 10:14 PM

1 posts, read 2,426 times
Default Old Forge pizza

Let me tell you this. I am from New York and I love round pizza. I now live in Old Forge and when I want good pizza or good food I go to ARCARO & GENELL'S in Old Forge.The owners Angelo and Mark are well respected and make sure that you get the best service. It is a place you can be proud to take your familiy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania