Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2008, 05:56 PM

2 posts, read 5,608 times

Advertisements

I am a writer and I am interested in writing about a rivalry between two towns, this might have shown up alot in forums but what kind of rivalry is there in these two cities? Like do small gangs or childeren rival with the other town?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 08:04 PM

1,590 posts, read 4,601,167 times
many in each city feel the other city is too far of a drive to bother with.

Old 07-07-2008, 08:42 PM

2 posts, read 5,608 times
From other threads it seems some people dont like the other city

Old 07-07-2008, 10:55 PM

32,604 posts, read 77,242,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 61scout80 View Post
many in each city feel the other city is too far of a drive to bother with.
Agreed. Thankfully there is a growing number of folks from Scranton who will drive to Wilkes-Barre to see a Penguins game, as well as some folks from Wilkes-Barre who will drive to Scranton for one of their many annual festivals, but by and large residents in each city couldn't care less about what happens in the other. I live midway between both cities and am excited about the positive changes occurring in each, but usually one has an allegiance towards one city or the other.

Old 07-14-2008, 08:03 AM

27 posts, read 66,967 times
The only thing they fight about is which city's name comes first on the airport sign. With the price of gas I doubt either of the citys gangs have enough money to reach the others hood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CzechoSlovak View Post
I am a writer and I am interested in writing about a rivalry between two towns, this might have shown up alot in forums but what kind of rivalry is there in these two cities? Like do small gangs or childeren rival with the other town?

Old 07-14-2008, 08:38 AM

32,604 posts, read 77,242,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatPuppet View Post
The only thing they fight about is which city's name comes first on the airport sign. With the price of gas I doubt either of the citys gangs have enough money to reach the others hood.
Oh boy! Don't even get me started on the widely-accepted yet grossly-incorrect metro name! I wonder if I'd get funny looks if I started telling people around here I was vacationing in St. Paul/Minneapolis, Durham/Raleigh, Fort Worth/Dallas, or Tacoma/Seattle?

Last edited by SteelCityRising; 07-14-2008 at 08:38 AM.. Reason: Typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania