Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 07:48 PM

2 posts, read 5,067 times

Advertisements

I am interested in helping in any way possible with a reunion or show at the old strip, if some one could e-mail me some info I would apperciate it. Thanks
Tuffenuff18428@yahoo.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2009, 08:00 PM

2 posts, read 5,067 times
If someone could email me some info I would apperciate it. Tuffenuff18428@yahoo.com thanks

Old 02-26-2009, 06:27 PM

1 posts, read 2,477 times
Default Pocono drag lodge

O ya!!!! can't wait going to be a blast.

Old 06-16-2009, 10:05 PM

1 posts, read 2,271 times
Hi all. Some of you may remember Washer and DellAmico's 1962 Dart. I am doing T-shirts for Kieth and some friends. If you have a decent photo of your car, or a nice drawing, and would like it on a t-shirt, I can do that. I can also incorporate some nice lettering commemorating the 1st annual Drag Lodge reunion. Please give me a call at 708-844-6185. Visit www.squidmarks.com

Jonas

Old 09-18-2009, 09:17 AM

1 posts, read 1,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tioga View Post
I caught this thread by accident while snooping around at some of the state's forums. I remember seeing the ad many years ago for the Pocono drag lodge in the Binghamton, NY newspaper...never did get there b4 it closed. We have 2 former dragstrips in our area....Tri-cities airport(Endicott)..1/4 mile..on the runway! There was also an 1/8 mile track west of there...Duffik dragstrip(still sits in the middle of a field). We have a new 1/8 mile track...just west of Owego(skyline)...very nice with more improvements in store. A friend and I used to race a Bantam bodied altered up at Cicero..near Syracuse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekidd312 View Post
I lived in endicott when real young when mother married step father and he ran a 55 poncho there. boy real grass roots drag racing. over the years ive lived in lots of places in this state ran alot of different tracks. PDL still the greatest. now ISLAND DRAGWAY NJ. id like to try skyline but not real fan of 1/8th mile but may gave it a try this summer. thanks billy the kidd bender
I found this thread while searching for information about Tri-Cities airport in Endicott, NY.
I was born in Binghamton and lived in Crestview Heights as a child in the early 60s.
My Dad owned a Piper Tri-Pacer airplane and kept it at Tri-Cities Airport.
I can distinctly remember flying above the runway and looking down at the drag races that they held on the landing strip!
As a young boy I was very interested in the fast 'race cars'.
Talk about a great seat to watch the drag races!
My dad would radio the tower when we were ready to land so that they could hold the drag races up and clear the landing strip for us.
Looking back now, I bet that the drag racers just loved us whenever we had to land.....

Old 09-18-2009, 09:21 AM

1,429 posts, read 3,640,729 times
I missed the reunion, are there any pics?

Old 09-18-2009, 09:25 AM

1,429 posts, read 3,640,729 times
Answered my own question
More Pocono Drag Lodge Reunion pics! - THE H.A.M.B.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania