Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 11:25 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,781,176 times

Advertisements

Ha, look at #17, that moron can't even spell, they sound like idiots.

Old 07-26-2008, 06:50 AM

2,317 posts, read 5,129,699 times
Just a reminder to all.this is a hot thread,be careful what you post and stay
within the terms of service...

Old 07-26-2008, 07:15 AM

2,473 posts, read 5,454,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
I must say that I am shocked to read some of the amazingly callous and nasty comments that some readers of the Pottsville Republican Herald newspaper are making towards the grieving widow-to-be of a slain Hispanic man in Shenandoah, Schuylkill County. Instead of focusing on the real issue at hand here---three "buzzed" and testosterone-crazed Caucasian teen aged jocks beating a Hispanic man to death in the street while shouting racial slurs at him, the fine people of Schuylkill County are instead hurling insults at her for being engaged to wed an illegal immigrant.

16-year-old Brandon Piekarsky, 17-year-old Colin Walsh, and 18-year-old Derrick Donchak have been charged with beating 25-year-old Luis Zavala to death in the street while hurling racial slurs. As a young gay male who has likewise been the victim of hatred in NEPA, I must respectfully ask my fellow residents "What on Earth are you teaching your children?" Do you really appreciate the fact that the rest of the nation views our region as being a haven for racists and bigots? I'm going to be raising my own future adopted children to learn to love and appreciate all different people, regardless of their ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, race, gender, socioeconomic class, etc.

...this is simply all I could post, as I'm nearly in tears right now. All this time I was hoping to raise my family in NEPA, but after seeing just how many morons are in my midst, I truly realize I must move to an area with some intellect instead. If there's this many people (trust me when I saw there are dozens more like this) who are supporting these boys for murdering a man due to either his race or his questionable legal status, then what would they do to my partner and I if we were holding hands while walking down Main Street in Shenandoah?

NEPA, THE YEAR IS 2008!!! GROW UP!!!!
OMG!!! This makes me SICK!!

We have a large Mexican/Guatamalan population down here too & there's NEVER been a hate crime like this!!!

When I was doing landscape design, my crew was 95% Latino & I gotta tell you, they are the most hard-working, religious, polite, friendly & family-oriented people!!!

When we go to the store, the "middle-class white kids" are running around screaming & knocking things over & breaking things while their parents ignore the whole chaos. The Latino kids are quietly following Mama around like ducklings behind their mother!!!

The thing that gets me madder is the replies from the other residents!! Bad enough someone lost their life to this type of hate, but to back it up with ignorance is beyond my scope of rationalization!!

Looks like those kid's parents did a FINE job preparing them for the real world!!! I thought the Dark Ages ended with the Renaissance....

Old 07-26-2008, 07:58 AM

32,617 posts, read 77,614,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coartist88 View Post
Good morning, John. Yes. I'm sorry to have posted this in a fit of enraged passion, as I did last night, but I just couldn't believe how heinous so many of these comments were. I myself consider illegal immigration to be a HUGE concern, but to see so many practically giving these teens "atta boys" for "doing the job the Feds won't do" is disgusting. Nobody deserves to be beaten to death in the streets, even people who immigrated here illegally. I feel worst for his children who will grow up with no father.

Is illegal immigration wrong? Yes. Does that deserve vigilante death sentences being imposed upon them? Not at all!

Old 07-26-2008, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sues1 View Post
Ha, look at #17, that moron can't even spell, they sound like idiots.
Yes. It's nice to see that taxpayer dollars in Schuylkill County are being well-spent in the public school districts. The educators there should be very proud! LOL!

Old 07-26-2008, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamba Cat View Post
Looks like CNN picked up on it:

Teens charged in fatal beating of Mexican immigrant - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/07/25/immigrant.killing.ap/index.html - broken link)
Great. More negative publicity for Schuylkill County. At least they still have the Yuengling Brewery.

Old 07-26-2008, 09:40 AM

703 posts, read 1,546,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coartist88 View Post
Sure.

Too bad those in Schuylkill County couldn't adhere to the terms of service of being human beings.

Old 07-26-2008, 09:50 AM

2,317 posts, read 5,129,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Commish View Post
Sure.

Too bad those in Schuylkill County couldn't adhere to the terms of service of being human beings.
...all I am saying is post within the terms of service
or be Infracted and or banned...PERIOD....THAT GOES FOR EVERYONE...

Old 07-26-2008, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scranbarre View Post
great. More negative publicity for schuylkill county. At least they still have the yuengling brewery.

lololol

Old 07-26-2008, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Good morning, John. Yes. I'm sorry to have posted this in a fit of enraged passion, as I did last night, but I just couldn't believe how heinous so many of these comments were. I myself consider illegal immigration to be a HUGE concern, but to see so many practically giving these teens "atta boys" for "doing the job the Feds won't do" is disgusting. Nobody deserves to be beaten to death in the streets, even people who immigrated here illegally. I feel worst for his children who will grow up with no father.

Is illegal immigration wrong? Yes. Does that deserve vigilante death sentences being imposed upon them? Not at all!

Nothing gets my b/p through the roof more than illegal immigration, but not in a million years would i even think of doing what those kids did. It makes me sick, this world is getting more evil by the day and it's very scary. Look what happened in Mt. Pocono at the carnival, it's in the Pocono Record and they are talking about some evil gang that is down there, they supposedly have a cell here in Scranton as well. Makes me want to hide!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania