Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 07:46 AM

2 posts, read 42,781 times

Advertisements

considering purchasing new home construction in east stroudsburg, pa. area - moving from nyc. is the commute as good as we hear or is this a myth? we need to get into manhattan 3 to 5 days per week. what form of transportation gets you there? train? bus? and, hey! if anyone has any comments on LTS builders (good or bad) of east stroudsburg, we'd love to hear about that also. our research shows that they're pretty reputable, what do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2007, 07:13 AM

2 posts, read 77,952 times
I am in the same situation, I am trying to relocate to E 'sburg PA from NY, I know they don't have any train it's only bus( at least for now, they are working on that). and the bus takes 1:30 hours to get to the port authority. My friend just build a house LTS bus there's a new house builder in that town that can give you more luxurious house for the same amount of money. it's something brothers ( can't recall the name).
I would like to know how much is the bus monthly?

Old 01-30-2007, 11:48 AM

2 posts, read 77,952 times
Default got it!

the price for the ride from stroudsburg to nyc is $396.00
Now i got just put myself right around the bus station and i'll be fine

Old 03-04-2009, 07:33 AM

19 posts, read 195,853 times
we are in the same situation. I work in NYC and planning to relocate to Stroudsburg, PA. As Samhegel mentioned, the cost of commute rounds up around $400.00 which I can bare but what about the living cost ( it will be cheaper than of the city) heating bill will hit the roof in winters. I am debating only on one drawback; when we have kids and they go to schools in PA, my wife and I are working in the city and what if we get a 911 call from their school and need to hop on a bus! situation will be tight. Again.. I visited Stroudsburg many times and love the place and wish that there is way for us to move there.

Old 03-04-2009, 07:35 AM

Only if this is possible...
Commuter rail plans presented in Stroudsburg - poconorecord.com - The Pocono Record

Old 03-04-2009, 12:34 PM

38 posts, read 136,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by F-Shaikh View Post
we are in the same situation. I work in NYC and planning to relocate to Stroudsburg, PA. As Samhegel mentioned, the cost of commute rounds up around $400.00 which I can bare but what about the living cost ( it will be cheaper than of the city) heating bill will hit the roof in winters. I am debating only on one drawback; when we have kids and they go to schools in PA, my wife and I are working in the city and what if we get a 911 call from their school and need to hop on a bus! situation will be tight. Again.. I visited Stroudsburg many times and love the place and wish that there is way for us to move there.
That right there would be reason enough for me not to move.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:46 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,815,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier01 View Post
That right there would be reason enough for me not to move.
I agree. Unless one parent can work in PA or stay home, I think its a bad idea to move to PA and do that commute with kids.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:50 PM

It will be a different scenario if my wife can find work in Stroudsburg.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:52 PM

on the other hand you are giving your kids a better place to grow up.

Old 03-04-2009, 01:44 PM

2,760 posts, read 3,951,737 times
Just my two cents and please take it with a grain of salt...IMHO you could not pay me enough to commute to NYC when my kids were in school in PA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania