Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 08:52 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,659,872 times

Advertisements

That is ............................on 715 in Brodheadsville.
...........................I know the area is "far" for most................thats the bad part OR..........I'd go and rent it for ya' all. The form is right online........yep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2008, 03:18 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,764,374 times
Im pretty sure most State Parks don't allow alcohol.

Old 08-26-2008, 03:45 PM

2,317 posts, read 5,128,605 times
Well lets see,I have been on this forum since 2006,and the same type of thread has been running at least 2 to 3 times a year and it never happened.
Lets see what happens this time......

Old 08-26-2008, 04:34 PM

372 posts, read 1,228,462 times
Default They sure don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE PA! View Post
Im pretty sure most State Parks don't allow alcohol.
Yes, state parks do not allow alcohol. My family was at a picnic at Mauch Chunk State Park, and a friendly park officer let us know that the beverages we were consuming were not allowed; he then stood and watched us pour them out, and then he let us take the rest to our cars.

I never knew about that, but now I'll never forget it!!

Old 08-28-2008, 06:39 AM

Beltzville Lake has four Pavilions available any Saturday in May. One I know of overlooks the lake.........They are easy to check on, online. It has a calendar to reserve.
Lackawanna is also available those weekends at their pavilions (2) Easy also to check on line. These State Parks can be reserved on line very easily.
They hold 65/75. That is probably a good total of who would attend. You know the old rule, invite 150 and plan on half of that number attending.

Old 08-28-2008, 07:21 AM

1,649 posts, read 5,001,687 times
OK. You asked for input! LOL!

When nkotb and I, with coartist's help, put up a poll to seek opinion it fell flat nearly flat. As a group, we seem to be more into the planning discussions than the doing.

My suggestion.....someone or a small group just choose a location. Those people who really wish to participate will get there no matter how far the drive. Make it a pot luck feed, and it starts conversation....... "Who brought this potato salad? It's great! Where are they?", sort of thing. Don't look for definite responses. Just do it. If ten people show up, then I get to meet ten new people.

Invite the whole family.....or whomever the poster brings! Just bring enough to feed the number of people in your group, and take an attendance count. That way we get to be introduced to the whole person we've come to know on line. If, after the first main gathering, small groups with similar interests choose to spend time together socially, that's fine. If we try to define things too much at first, it will prohibit some folks from attending from the start. That seems unproductive, exclusionary, and unfair to me. Besides, I want memories to bring her puppy dog!

I would hope that we could all spend one day making the real purpose of this coming together the desire to meet the people and not make it an excuse for a kickback wingding. If any of us want to do that later, great! I'll attend that too.

Keep it simple. Don't over think. It works best that way.

End of sermon.

Old 08-28-2008, 12:03 PM

Your right Rock

Old 08-28-2008, 02:02 PM

537 posts, read 1,332,166 times
Default When in New England...

When I was living in New England, I found a local forum and eventually "got to know" a few people on it. Eventually I suggested a "Wicked Good Walk" where everyone brought there camera and we wandered the city until noone was left! It was a blast. I simply spoke about it for a week online and then suggested that anyone interested meet at a particular location on a Saturday at 1 P.M. About 8 people showed the first time. Some drove 50 miles to get there. I did this every few months until I relocated back to PA. I have plenty of stories! We took a tour of the Transit System Railroad yards. Attempted to get to the top of every building in Downtown Boston! Cities are a playground...... (for me)

Old 08-28-2008, 08:33 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,764,374 times
That sound cool!
Hey...we could think up some corny games to get to know one another a little too!
I'm for the 'show up and bring a dish' plan! We might nt need a pavilion...just a few picnic tables and everyone bring folding chairs in case of a larger turn out.

Old 08-28-2008, 08:35 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,591,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE PA! View Post
That sound cool!
Hey...we could think up some corny games to get to know one another a little too!
I'm for the 'show up and bring a dish' plan! We might nt need a pavilion...just a few picnic tables and everyone bring folding chairs in case of a larger turn out.
Corny games, eh? How about "Pin the Tail on the Geek?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania