Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2016, 08:22 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,897,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
No epper egg at my house. I first learned of it from some thread on this forum.

I'm definitely going to eat the pretty eggs. I was going to make some deviled eggs earlier, but my Easter dinner has been rescheduled until tomorrow.

I asked magoo if he noticed anything because a while back in a PM exchange, I told him that I'd injured my shoulder and arm. I think he asked me a question and I told him something like the answer was too long type. While my hand and wrist are fine, getting my hand up to keyboard height and keeping it there has been difficult. I've been typing with one hand for weeks. Capitalization? Who needs that?

Cake therapy is working. What's cake therapy? That's where you're allowed to eat a small piece of cake several times a day as long as you can raise the fork to your mouth without slouching.

lol About 40 years ago I tried the Cake Therapy, and I didn't even have a shoulder injury. That was the time I was pregnant and after promising my family a Jewish Apple Cake, I baked one while they were all off to work/school. Unfortunately, the Cake Therapy kicked in and after a few hours of "I'll just have one teeny little slice", I found I'd eaten so much cake that I hid the remainder in the freezer and made another the next day. Since I was already in an advanced stage of pregnancy, the extra poundage wasn't obvious.

If you need cake for your therapy, let me know. I have some in the freezer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2016, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.magoo View Post
Theatergypsy,
it is not 'what you talkin' about Willis?'

but more like 'wachoo talkin' 'bout Willis?'

you have become 'Terminally Whitebread After moving to Forty Fort or Kingston so many years ago.

Every time I tried to say wachoo, some fool would yell, "Gesundheit". I was born "terminally whitebread" a long time ago; the move had nothing to do with it.

Old 03-27-2016, 08:27 PM

G, sorry to hear about your injury. Hope it's better or getting there. It's a helluva way to diet, but if you can't lift a fork, well, that could be a positive.

Old 03-28-2016, 08:08 AM

2,481 posts, read 2,212,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
Every time I tried to say wachoo, some fool would yell, "Gesundheit". I was born "terminally whitebread" a long time ago; the move had nothing to do with it.
Duly Noted.

Old 03-28-2016, 11:15 AM

I just got back from the pistol range at McGuire/Dix/Lakehurst Base with an old Service buddy of mine...
he said next year, he his going to paint all the Easter Eggs camouflage so none of his nieces or nephews will be able to find them.

Old 03-28-2016, 08:35 PM

32,775 posts, read 36,014,820 times
Quote:
oh, so sorry for not noticing Dearie, I guess I am not much of an Investigator anymore since my retirement...
I thought it had something to do with you typing your post in the 'Picture Thread' that Miz Mod put on the tippy top of the forum where the 'off topic chatting thread' was formerly located...instead of the usual 'chatting' thread'

Thought it was some kind of protest or something...

Plus, you have been remiss in keeping Dr. Magoo apprised of the progress of your wounded wing like you used to.

I am so glad you are on the mend...cake therapy sounds just Ducky...

I just polished off a piece of homemade Carrot Cake...it was yummo.

If you were a bit closer I would have driven over and dropped a righteous slab of it off for your consumption..
No quiet protest on my part. If memory serves, I've written to Too and asked, "What the heck?" Similarly, she once sent a short note saying, "I wasn't you" when one of my posts was deleted.

I have been remiss. You asked me to tell you how I was doing. I rather feel as theatergypsy does. Reading about my infirmities can't possibly be very interesting. I've come quite a long way in the last six weeks. I can now shower, dress, and get ready to leave the house all by myself...like a big girl. Just last week I opened a food can. Hello tuna salad!

Old 03-28-2016, 08:49 PM

Quote:
lol About 40 years ago I tried the Cake Therapy, and I didn't even have a shoulder injury. That was the time I was pregnant and after promising my family a Jewish Apple Cake, I baked one while they were all off to work/school. Unfortunately, the Cake Therapy kicked in and after a few hours of "I'll just have one teeny little slice", I found I'd eaten so much cake that I hid the remainder in the freezer and made another the next day. Since I was already in an advanced stage of pregnancy, the extra poundage wasn't obvious.

If you need cake for your therapy, let me know. I have some in the freezer.
Cake therapy works when my back goes out, so I can see how it would help with the additional calories required for labor. My family history dictates that "The first is the worst." Yeah. I may become senile and forget my own name, but I won't be forgetting that experience any time soon.

Old 03-28-2016, 09:05 PM

Quote:
G, sorry to hear about your injury. Hope it's better or getting there. It's a helluva way to diet, but if you can't lift a fork, well, that could be a positive.
Thanks tg.

My left hand worked well enough. Learning how to use the mouse with my left hand was the hardest part! Or maybe it was having my son help me dress for a medical appointment. I don't want to scar him for life.

I don't know when I'll be able to drive again, though. Bummer. Legally, nothing is stopping me from driving. Morally, I refuse to drive with the loss of range of motion in my shoulder and the pain. I can drive, but I wouldn't be able to make any wild maneuvers to avoid an accident. I'll bide my time.

Old 03-28-2016, 09:10 PM

Quote:
I just got back from the pistol range at McGuire/Dix/Lakehurst Base with an old Service buddy of mine...
he said next year, he his going to paint all the Easter Eggs camouflage so none of his nieces or nephews will be able to find them.
Digital?

Old 03-29-2016, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Digital?
hahaha..he is 'Old School'...he would only know 'Woodland', digital and Desert would be a challange.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania