U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2008, 02:40 AM

2 posts, read 3,514 times

Advertisements

I am a Business Consultant from India. I will be consulting with a client in Wilkes-Barre for 3 months starting September.

The client has offered me 2 options - stay in a hotel or stay in a house that the client will rent for me. I will have a car with me.

Between the two I tend to prefer a rented house over a hotel as it is closer to home environment.

But I want to know if there are other options - say, stay with a family as a paying guest or guest-house which are more home-like?

If I were to take up a house, which area should I look at. It should not be more than 45 minutes drive from downtown Wilkes-Barre.

Thanks in advance.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2008, 04:51 AM

41,823 posts, read 45,162,824 times
They have what is referred to as a Bed & Breakfast which are generally larger homes and/or historic places etc with a few rooms. Places like this would provide a room and your meals. Which meals and what I guess would depend on the individual place but all of them should at least provide breakfast.

A quick search brings up this one right in Wilkes Barre: Home

I'm not recommending it, its just the first one I found.

Old 08-18-2008, 03:05 PM

1,908 posts, read 3,450,948 times
This first link is in a nice area with great amenities. I'm not sure if they do fully furnished and they were gone for the day when I called. I thought I heard somewhere that they did though.

Mayflower Crossing Apartments

This one is in Kingston and also looks nice, it does offer fully furnished short term leases.

SDK Apartments

Hope this helps

Old 08-19-2008, 09:01 AM

1,973 posts, read 4,808,798 times
Wilkeswood Apts in Wilkes-Barre. Close to everything, and right in the shopping district. Wilkeswood also has a large Indian population. Only about ten minutes to downtown Wilkes-Barre. Also check out East Mountain Apts.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:46 AM

2 posts, read 3,514 times
An apartment seemed the best option for me and I did check out all the apartments - Wilkeswood, SDK, Mayflower & East Mountain. I preferred a furnished apartment and liked East Mountain very much. I could not get one for a short term - they wanted a 1 year commitment. My client has fixed me a place which they plan to furnish. Thank you all for your time and valuable suggestions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania