U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-02-2008, 08:29 PM

2,322 posts, read 3,491,540 times

Advertisements

September 3-7, 2008 - Luzerne County Fair
Dallas, PA
for more information visit: Home Page

September 6 & 7, 2008 - Endless Mountains Fiber Festival (5th Annual)
Harford Fairgrounds
Harford, PA
for more information visit: fiber festival in Pennsylvania Endless Mountains

September 13, 2008 - Wyalusing Valley Wine Festival
Wyalusing PA

September 19-21, 2008 - Pennsylvania Bowhunters Festival
Sullivan County Fairgrounds
Forksville, PA
for more information visit: PA Bowhunters

September 20 & 21, 2008 - PA Hertiage Festival
Alparon Community Bank
At the junction of Routes 6 & 14
Troy, PA
for more information visit: PA Heritage Festival featuring the Heritage Village & PA Product Showcase

September 20-27, 2008 - Bloomsburg Fair (154th Annual)
Bloomsburg, PA
for more information visit: 154th Annual Bloomsburg Fair - September 20-27 2008
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 06:02 AM

537 posts, read 886,470 times
Default Bloomsburg Fair Photo Album

I took these pictures over a period of three days.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AYs2Tho4bOWQP

One evening at the fair, an irate lady chased after me with a policeman. Evidently someone told her that I photographed her daughter throwing darts at balloons. She was hysterical. I had my tiny camera in my pocket. She accused me of trying to hide it! I took the camera out, found the photo which showed the back of her daughter and the board of balloons. I showed it to her and the cop. I deleted it in front of her. She was silent but still redfaced. The cop said "are ya happy now!?" I walked away with my friend and she looked dumfounded. Looking back, I think she wanted to rip the film out and stomp on it. She seemed dissatisfied........... enjoy the 111 pictures!

Old 09-03-2008, 04:30 PM

2,322 posts, read 3,491,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeriKenArtist View Post
I took these pictures over a period of three days.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AYs2Tho4bOWQP

One evening at the fair, an irate lady chased after me with a policeman. Evidently someone told her that I photographed her daughter throwing darts at balloons. She was hysterical. I had my tiny camera in my pocket. She accused me of trying to hide it! I took the camera out, found the photo which showed the back of her daughter and the board of balloons. I showed it to her and the cop. I deleted it in front of her. She was silent but still redfaced. The cop said "are ya happy now!?" I walked away with my friend and she looked dumfounded. Looking back, I think she wanted to rip the film out and stomp on it. She seemed dissatisfied........... enjoy the 111 pictures!

very nice photo shoot...

Old 09-03-2008, 07:03 PM

26,450 posts, read 46,879,438 times
Ken, that's exactly why I have to be so careful on my own photo tours. My West Pittston photo tour erupted into controversy when a borough resident joined the forum to attack me because he/she didn't appreciate me not asking for permission first before photographing parts of the community. Apparently that uneducated person never heard of a little thing called "Google Earth: Street View" in which you can virtually zoom down any street of many cities and see cars, people, etc.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:23 PM

537 posts, read 886,470 times
Talking Public Domain

I have discovered when in public and taking photographs it is best, if possible, to not give information. I have been in many "interesting" situations and never truly had a serious problem. Did I mention that the Boston subway system shut down near Fenway Park because I was taking pics while riding? Now that's a story!

Yes, you get those paranoid people who think the worst, but they go away. I try to be discreet when alone. Of course, you should be courteous and exercise care even when in groups. Groups tend to intimidate.

There is no need to ask for approval to walk the streets and take pictures. (sigh)

btw... the Bloomsburg Fair is A TREASURE TROVE for great photos!
The Fair photo album of 111 was taken just after moving back here from New England. It was extensive! I believe I took 900 pics and edited down to just over 100. I plan on doing it again, only pushing the envelope and getting the most unusual situations. Mebbe asking people to pose.....

Old 09-04-2008, 08:50 PM

1,422 posts, read 2,333,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Ken, that's exactly why I have to be so careful on my own photo tours. My West Pittston photo tour erupted into controversy when a borough resident joined the forum to attack me because he/she didn't appreciate me not asking for permission first before photographing parts of the community. Apparently that uneducated person never heard of a little thing called "Google Earth: Street View" in which you can virtually zoom down any street of many cities and see cars, people, etc.
I know the feeling...when I was doing PI work, surveillance, obviously my job was to use a camera, and many people didn't like it one bit. People would have the nerve to say something to me when they weren't even the ones I was filming!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania