Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2008, 07:00 AM

94 posts, read 610,224 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I'm taking the plunge next week and getting married.

My future wife and I are looking to re-locate back here next Summer. However, we wanted to buy about an acre of land in a development this summer to build on for next summer (we are both teachers, and need to find jobs before construction starts).

I was wondering if there is a website to give listings of property taxes and school taxes?

We are looking in the NEPA area (Clarks Summit, Old Forge, Taylor) to see where would be the most affordable.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2008, 02:54 PM

923 posts, read 3,093,719 times
Wyoming County real estate taxes -- so far -- are cheaper than Lackawanna County ! My favorite small town living would be Dalton, PA
Good Luck !!

Old 06-28-2008, 04:41 PM

94 posts, read 610,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkotb View Post
Wyoming County real estate taxes -- so far -- are cheaper than Lackawanna County ! My favorite small town living would be Dalton, PA
Good Luck !!
We both lived in Clarks Summit most of our life so we know how great Dalton is.

Is there a website that will tell you about school and property tax?

Old 06-29-2008, 08:02 PM

923 posts, read 3,093,719 times
I don't think so --- call the courthouse, tax assessors office and ask what the
millage is of the counties your interested in, they can also tell you what percentage
the school tax is. Sit down before you call !!!!!

Old 07-11-2008, 08:32 AM

75 posts, read 408,402 times
Here is a link from the state Municipal Statistics Tax Reports

It's a bit confusing if you're not used to PA, or even if you are. The key detail that's missing is whether or not the county bases its taxes off of 100% of your assessment or 50% of the property's value. For example, Bradford County works off of 50% while Tioga does not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania