Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 02:50 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,110,342 times

Advertisements

Summering, yes...Scranbarre...yes good choices...very knowledgable folks.

Old 09-08-2008, 04:03 PM

703 posts, read 1,546,112 times
I third the nomination for Summering.

"You...... are...... banned!"

Old 09-08-2008, 04:07 PM

106,554 posts, read 108,696,306 times
WOW does this mean we have no adult supervision?

Old 09-08-2008, 04:30 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,573,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
I have expressed to Coartist my heartfelt thoughts to the wonderful job he has done for the PA forum.
He had the right "stuff" to perform the job in such an easy going manner.
I can hardly imagine the PA threads without him along side.
I just felt it right away ,when he was not there...........
If wishes could come true, I'd be wishing him right back ...........
A great person, with great thoughts and ideas.
I know we all will miss him a big bunch........and I hope he stops in from time to time.
He certainly gave us a bunch of information, good advice, and a good mannner..... and it will be hard to find someone to fill those shoes.......
I, too, hope he stops in on an occasional basis to say hello. When I LOVE PA abruptly left us I nearly cried. When she started poking her nose in from time to time recently I think a whole bunch of us started hopping around in delight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnyaGirl View Post
Oh no! Coartist is gone? As a moderator only or as a poster too? This is sad news.
I have been in contact with coartist88, and it looks like he'll most likely be leaving us for good in order to spend more time with family and other engagements. More power to him. I know we're not supposed to be doing these "farewell" threads as per the TOS, but I believe when it comes to a moderator leaving us for greener pastures we ought to bend the rules a bit to pay him or her our respect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Most people want that job right up until they've had it for a week.
You mean like president of Scranton City Council?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Ne View Post
Awww.... he was so nice, he'll be missed a lot. Best wishes from Omaha Coartist.

as for a new moderator, I think Scranbarre would be good, Poconoproud would be good too. Just my 2 cents as an outsider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tremontpa View Post
Thanks Coartist for your service. You will be missed greatly here in NEPA. Also, I send my best regards to you and your family.

*For a new moderator I nominate Summering. She has always been kind and helpful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poconoproud View Post
Summering, yes...Scranbarre...yes good choices...very knowledgable folks.
Yes, Summering would be an excellent choice. I'd be up and willing for the task at hand, but I've had a rather poor behavior record on here in the past in terms of infractions and wouldn't be setting a good example for others to follow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Commish View Post
I third the nomination for Summering.

"You...... are...... banned!"
You...are...HILLARIOUS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
WOW does this mean we have no adult supervision?
Party at mathjak's house! WOOT WOOT!

Old 09-08-2008, 04:35 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,684,647 times
Ohh.................... I...................... 4th.................. the.................... nomination................ of................. Summering......................

Old 09-08-2008, 04:37 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,762,445 times
Yes...coartist...you will be missed terribly!!
How sad...but I perfectly understand! I spend way to much time here and I don't ascert my priorities. Right now I should be delivering home grown tomatoes to nearby relatives! I'm going...now!!

Paul...you make me blush...

I'm going ot get an hour glass for by my computer! And even that's too much!

Good Bye and Good Luck to Coartist!!!!!!

and YES...I nominate Summering...no offense Paul...but I want you to stay focused on your school work this year...Just being a MOM.....

Old 09-08-2008, 04:42 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,654,704 times
Hey, yep........I say lets have a party. ( definately, not to celebrate our loss of Coartist, of whom I adore ) ONLY to celebrate our freedom........
But........as long as we are free.......Woopitup! Woop, Woop, Woop......
Mathjaks, or come over and dive in Sum's pool..........Chilly but, hey we are free!
Anyhow........your all very sweet on me. But, don'tcha see where the Mods come from, newish posters...........
Its gonna be " Newtodaytopa" or " JustgotherePa."
I'd love to see our SWB.....Can we swipe off the infrac's or what?
( cause' we're kinda free...so maybe we can do that...)
Pools still OPEN folks............ We'll have DooWop, Rock, Country, and the top ten hits on hand...........

Old 09-08-2008, 04:49 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,573,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Hey, yep........I say lets have a party. ( definately, not to celebrate our loss of Coartist, of whom I adore ) ONLY to celebrate our freedom........
But........as long as we are free.......Woopitup! Woop, Woop, Woop......
Mathjaks, or come over and dive in Sum's pool..........Chilly but, hey we are free!
Anyhow........your all very sweet on me. But, don'tcha see where the Mods come from, newish posters...........
Its gonna be " Newtodaytopa" or " JustgotherePa."
I'd love to see our SWB.....Can we swipe off the infrac's or what?
( cause' we're kinda free...so maybe we can do that...)
Pools still OPEN folks............ We'll have DooWop, Rock, Country, and the top ten hits on hand...........
It actually has nothing to do with your tenure on this forum. Existing moderators collaborate and select someone based on long-term trends and habits. If they see a poster that has been very helpful to others and (more importantly) has a history of remaining LEVEL-HEADED in heated discussions, then they'll be a very worthy candidate in their eyes. I'm an outspoken political activist of sorts, so naturally I'm used to arguing and debating with people. I think I could take our sub-forum in a whole new direction, but at the same time I fear that people whom I've squabbled with in the past (such as weluvpa for example) would be apprehensive about posting their opinions freely out of fear of retaliation. Coartist88 was very lax yet professional during his tenure here, and to that I'm appreciative. I've had some other militant moderators give me infractions or warnings for very, very borderline reasons.

I would like to FIFTH the...nomination...for...Summering!!! I can't EVER remember you getting into a tiff with anyone over anything (well I think you and banned member MollyMe might have sparred in the past but I could be mistaken). FightinPhils would garner my nomination too, but I know he's probably too busy between work and maintaining a family life to want the position. Karnak would be another good pick in my eyes if he would consistently stick around our forum instead of randomly disappearing for a few months at a time.

Old 09-08-2008, 04:50 PM

253 posts, read 996,539 times
My best wishes to Coartist and family......... You will be sorely missed..... stay "suave" out there and keep enjoying retirement, after all, that's what it's for

Yes, another nomination for Summering...........

Old 09-08-2008, 05:08 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,654,704 times
Your all too funny..........
The worst thing is I will so miss Coartist..........I'm always telling hubby this and that about him. Grand guy......quiet, controlled. Bah, come back Cort!
SWB........Nah, I never had a squable with MsMolly. Although, many times I did not agree with her. I remember when she sent me over a picture of her and her husband dancing........"The Elf" thing. It was so funny, and she could be too.
One thing is, I always miss anyone who leaves...............well, allllllllmost anyone who leaves.
I don't like attackers......its mean to blast someone. Just walk away..........
I nominate ALL of you .........because your all dedicated to the PA threads.
I like you ALL..........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania