Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 03:50 PM

347 posts, read 1,149,727 times

Advertisements

Maybe they can leave us to self govern this subforum. We are all civil people we could moderate ourselves.

Old 09-10-2008, 03:58 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,662,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tremontpa View Post
Maybe they can leave us to self govern this subforum. We are all civil people we could moderate ourselves.
Well now tremont, that would be a first........but we are doing quite well because we learned from our Mod Coartist, who was the best.

Ahhhhh, I think you were not here in the "olden days" when things were a bit Sardoodledum, ( dramatic ) in the least.....

Old 09-10-2008, 04:12 PM

347 posts, read 1,149,727 times
I have seen a little bit of drama but most everything has been good. There have been a lot of informative threads in this subforum with plenty of good (and civil) arguments.

But anyway, that would be an awsome first wouldn't it?

Old 09-10-2008, 10:32 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,600,575 times
I think we could hypothetically police ourselves for quite some time in the interim as they select a new moderator for our sub-forum. The "problem posters" on here were always those of us who became heated over debates with Scranton politics---weluvpa, myself, CHS89, scrantonluna (on rare occasion), to570717, NYRangers2008 (even though he only regurgitates what Dan says in an argument), and FightinPhils (even though he normally keeps his cool). I'm much less quick-tempered now that I'm starting to love and appreciate my life again after years of what I perceive to have likely been manic depression. weluvpa still needles and inches from time to time, but the brou-ha-has regarding him have ebbed. CHS89 barely posts anymore. We were the ones who always had the forum running amok. We've all calmed down and learned to respect each other's differences in opinions. Dan downright HATES the Doherty Administration. I myself am not a fan, but I don't think the mayor of Scranton is the second-coming of Satan as he seems to; he just has no accounting-oriented sense!

With those of us who used to always bicker about Scranton's politics mellowing out, there really shouldn't be much (if any) trouble for a future moderator to endure.

Old 09-11-2008, 10:01 AM

641 posts, read 2,370,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
I think we could hypothetically police ourselves for quite some time in the interim as they select a new moderator for our sub-forum. The "problem posters" on here were always those of us who became heated over debates with Scranton politics---weluvpa, myself, CHS89, scrantonluna (on rare occasion), to570717, NYRangers2008 (even though he only regurgitates what Dan says in an argument), and FightinPhils (even though he normally keeps his cool). I'm much less quick-tempered now that I'm starting to love and appreciate my life again after years of what I perceive to have likely been manic depression. weluvpa still needles and inches from time to time, but the brou-ha-has regarding him have ebbed. CHS89 barely posts anymore. We were the ones who always had the forum running amok. We've all calmed down and learned to respect each other's differences in opinions. Dan downright HATES the Doherty Administration. I myself am not a fan, but I don't think the mayor of Scranton is the second-coming of Satan as he seems to; he just has no accounting-oriented sense!

With those of us who used to always bicker about Scranton's politics mellowing out, there really shouldn't be much (if any) trouble for a future moderator to endure.
Problem posters eh? I had you guys going for a while too. I don't even know what I said to pi$$ some of you people off most of the time. And I've yet to see any respecting of anyone's opinion around here, or maybe it's the other PA forum. Who knows? They all run together. It should all be the same forum, but whatever floats the boat, right? Alot of people in here, even some from the NH forum need to chill and have a beer or something. Too many people are uptight about where they live. We got better things to worry about besides fighting with a person over the internet because they hated the town you live in. Am I right or am I right?

Old 09-11-2008, 10:04 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,113,541 times
c'mon..pud em up...pud em up....

Old 09-11-2008, 01:07 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,662,148 times
Perhaps, the search is over and Roosters the MOD...

Old 09-11-2008, 06:07 PM

3,756 posts, read 9,552,564 times
Forgive me for saying this but I have to get this off the chest sort of speak. I was amazed at how many posted sort of politically in a nonchalant way of perhaps looking for the moderator's position. I, for one, do not think it is an easy job..........especially with all the personaliities here. It is a position that somone takes on with their own time, not paid, and no matter how good a moderator is..........you can not please everybody. It is also a position of responsbility which probably means that it is hard to be friends with everybody- maybe at times when one is forced to make a tough decision. I think that the Forum did a great job of picking coartist88. Good luck Coartist, it was nice to have a moderator that was easy and fun to exchange ideas. The Hat

Last edited by BLUEDIAMOND64; 09-11-2008 at 06:13 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 09-11-2008, 06:45 PM

2,014 posts, read 3,897,919 times
Coartist will certainly be missed, I only hope he continues to post from time to time.

Get on with that retirement buddy.

Old 09-12-2008, 03:41 AM

910 posts, read 2,992,378 times
Thank you for your dedication to the board coartist. Enjoy your retirement even more now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania