Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 12:18 PM

248 posts, read 798,027 times

Advertisements

it is near forest city pa. about 5 minutes from Elk Mountain.... anyway - we just bought a lake house there!!! i am so excited. it is a small lake - tho it does have a camp on it, but you can have motor boats etc....

it is really up there in the boonies, but i was raised in Clarkes Summit so i am familiar with the area.

just wondering if anyone had heard of it!

i will try to get some pics and post them in the picture thread
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2008, 12:26 PM

1,001 posts, read 1,989,082 times
I heard of it. Get familier with Chets Place! and Stone Bridge. Great bands, good fun.

I know Fiddle from when we lived at the Villiage of the Four Seasons. We lived there for two years and used to stay there all summer. Fiddle lake was a rd, and we called it Fiddle Lake Creek.

Old 09-08-2008, 12:43 PM

248 posts, read 798,027 times
LOL love Chets! and stone bridge! also the candle light is under new owner ship now so it isnt too bad.

fiddle lake creek - a bit more appropriate!

i had a friend that lived at the 4 season for awhile.

Old 09-08-2008, 03:02 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,656,665 times
That sounds great. Pictures would be wonderful......
I have never heard of it myself. Wow, and motorboats are allowed.........
Get out that camera ........

Old 12-04-2008, 01:38 PM

1 posts, read 7,538 times
My family has owned property on the lake since the 20's. It is a great community. Fiddle Lake Road is CR 2046 (along the north end of the lake), Fiddle Lake Creek runs from the south end of the lake southward toward Herricks Center and the Lackawanna.
Attached Thumbnails
anyone hear of fiddle lake?-img_0626.jpg  

Old 12-05-2008, 10:04 AM

2,760 posts, read 3,951,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCid95Q View Post
My family has owned property on the lake since the 20's. It is a great community. Fiddle Lake Road is CR 2046 (along the north end of the lake), Fiddle Lake Creek runs from the south end of the lake southward toward Herricks Center and the Lackawanna.

Oh my gosh! That is a gorgeous lake...

Old 07-31-2009, 09:01 AM

1 posts, read 6,984 times
Fiddle Lake is the place of all of my dreams. I grew up in Taylor, PA and every summer we rented a cottage on the lake. I would give ANYTHING to own my own cottage there now. My husband and I have always wanted to spend our retirement living on a lake - my preference would be Fiddle Lake.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:08 PM

4,277 posts, read 11,780,009 times
I've heard of it - helped to finance the sewer system. I remember the Ararat Twp building had no heat other than a wood stove, and that some outfit owned the lake bottom and was trying to extort money from the cottagers. Is it still the same?

Old 08-01-2009, 03:07 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,656,665 times
Gosh, awfully pretty.......Isn't that a strange history. I looked the lake up. Yes, quite remote........but awfully nice.

Old 08-22-2009, 06:33 PM

3 posts, read 10,260 times
Default if you just bought the Fiddle Lake cottage on lot 6

My great great grandfather built that cottage, and it was in the family for generations. I spent many wonderous summers there. Probably the happiest, most carefree days of my life.

A cousin inherited the house in the 70's, and she modernized everything until it pretty much lost most of its original charm. Among her sins was the cutting down of the three hardwood trees in front where our 2 hammocks would swing all summer, and closing in the porch. When she sold it years later I was a young parent, and just buying my first house in MA, or surely I would have bought it. In fact I tried to get some of my brothers to pool the money necessary to do so, but one lives in TX, and the others had also just started families and had a new mortgages. so it never happened.

I had no idea it was up for sale again. Although with kids in college it would have been a somewhat uncomfortable stretch to buy now, sentiment might have urged me to do so anyway. Please enjoy the place. It is quaint, but full of happy times and wonderful memories!

JR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania