Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2008, 11:31 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,592,437 times

Advertisements

Ok if you really like an Old Time kinda' day........this is the one to go to.
I've gone for many years, being dragged the first time by my father who insisted I see the "Engine Show"..........What?
The Blue Mountain Gas and Steam Engine Association is holding its 29th Show.
The right portion of this fun fest is a Flea Market, the kind with real old genuine finds.
The left side has all the old tyme engines........Ones that saw logs into siding, and is a quite old and interesting machine to watch.
All kinds of engines, doing all kinds of tasks......( and if the markets don't change we may be back to using these )
There are hot, roasted peanuts.......and some homemade apple butter!
Soups are home made and piping hot.........
There is also a food stand, and some apple tarts that are to die for.
All the old tractors are there.......... Usually some great country music is in the gazabo area. There is a jitney that takes you from the front area to the back flea market if you wish.
Yes, this is a PA kinda' day......... Parking is free, admission is free.
Dress Warm and have fun. The kids seem to enjoy the workings of the engines. They spend a great deal of time watching the final results from the gas, or steam chopping, cutting, washing, or stripping ( the corn)...
Directions:
Route 33 to 512 in WindGap take 512 thru Pen Argyl and Bangor to E. Bangor
Turn Right on Broad St. go past 2 Stop Signs ( please stop) and the grove will be on the left. There is usually some small signs along the way.
From 80 W go to the Portland bridge ( off of 46) Take 611 South onto 512 South Continue to East Bangor and turn on Broad St past two stop signs.......to grove. HAVE FUN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2008, 08:47 PM

Just a reminder that this Engine Show is this weekend. It has a genuine flea market, crafters, homemade foods, music, and lots of old tyme engines.
Also......this weekend is the "Timber" show at Shawnee. That is where the lumberjacks show their stuff, amongst other things going on. Have a great time, and get out and enjoy! http://www.pa-festivals.com/cgi-bin/...type=Festivals
This has about the Timber and Balloon festival in Shawnee and another festival in the Endless Mountains ( among others....please read)

Old 10-16-2008, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Just a reminder that this Engine Show is this weekend. It has a genuine flea market, crafters, homemade foods, music, and lots of old tyme engines.
Also......this weekend is the "Timber" show at Shawnee. That is where the lumberjacks show their stuff, amongst other things going on. Have a great time, and get out and enjoy! Pennsylvania Fairs and Festivals - Search Results
This has about the Timber and Balloon festival in Shawnee and another festival in the Endless Mountains ( among others....please read)
I really think the price of gas for everyone, and the extreme raise in food prices will keep many home this year. Not to mention the stock market going crazy.........
I've noticed that not to many posters sound like they are traveling now.
Our West End Fair was down by I think they said 40 thousand for the week. Thats a big bunch of people who didn't go to the fair this year.
I just knew it when I saw the lack of cars coming in, and the lack of cars in the parking lot.
I hope things improve, so we don't loose sight of the "fun" things in life

Old 10-16-2008, 05:38 PM

2,317 posts, read 5,115,076 times
very good...info...summering....

Old 10-16-2008, 07:15 PM

1,929 posts, read 3,119,973 times
people will still show up....sounds like an event young and old will enjoy

Old 10-16-2008, 07:44 PM

248 posts, read 795,000 times
my husband is an M.E. he totally digs how things work - he would love to see those old engines. ( i may have to sit on him to keep him from taking them apart....)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania