Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 01:50 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,642,633 times

Advertisements

Our public safety is a joke thanks to Doherty. He is directly responsible for the cuts to the PD and FD. HE should be shouldering the blame for the rise of crime in the city. It's pretty sad when the police have to purchase their own cars because the city can't provide decent ones, especially with the taxes rising yearly here in Scranton. I guess all the money went to the silly dogpark and bridge instead of into public safety. Wonderful city we live in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2008, 06:41 PM

50 posts, read 131,498 times
So, how was Europe and where did you go?

Still

Old 10-17-2008, 09:03 AM

1,384 posts, read 3,170,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by still lookin' for "home" View Post
So, how was Europe and where did you go?

Still
It was great. I spent a week in Barcelona, Spain and one week in Russia (4 days in St. Petersburg and 4 days in Moscow). It is a trip I recommend to anyone. Just remember to seal your back door shut before you leave or else someone will take your pipes while you take pictures.BTW, yesterday went to the Sheriffs office to get my gun permit. Turns out that I need two references from Lackawanna county, which I don't have since I just moved in. I have a CCW from Florida which has reciprocity with PA, but I don't know if I can still use it now that I am a resident of the state.

Old 10-17-2008, 12:50 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,127,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucker7 View Post
It was great. I spent a week in Barcelona, Spain and one week in Russia (4 days in St. Petersburg and 4 days in Moscow). It is a trip I recommend to anyone. Just remember to seal your back door shut before you leave or else someone will take your pipes while you take pictures.BTW, yesterday went to the Sheriffs office to get my gun permit. Turns out that I need two references from Lackawanna county, which I don't have since I just moved in. I have a CCW from Florida which has reciprocity with PA, but I don't know if I can still use it now that I am a resident of the state.
sorry to hear all your neg experiences---i too am amazed at the rise in crime here and am beginning to wish i never left fla

Old 10-17-2008, 12:59 PM

37 posts, read 104,451 times
sorry to hear about your pipes being stolen. it's a shame when people do things like that because it ruins for other people who respectfully collect scrap metal. i live in new york and now in our county they are making people get a license if you want to do it, and the scrap yards out here they scan your license and rip you off anyway with the bins you put them in. right now, scrap prices are down because of the economy but over the summer copper was almost $3 a lb here. it's a shame though because my husband loves to do it, and he does it honestly but people out there ruin it for him, if he is unsure if something is garbage or not, he doesn't take it. even if it's in the driveway near the curb. if it's not on the curb, you don't take it, simple. and if you're not sure, you ask the owner.

and catalytic converter theft is very common here as well, all the old asylums they are putting more and more cops on it because of copper thieves and, people just steal all sorts of things now. where is the morals?!!

anyway i'm sorry to hear about your bad welcome in scranton, my parents are moving out there and it's a scary story!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania