Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 10:38 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,115,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by diapason05 View Post
Leave NEPA. Maybe even the state. I left after high school and I've lived in 5 different states now, and I am never coming back. I don't want to be too mean, but since the area is so toxic with pollution, ( 7 people on my street in Larksville had cancer), I recommend leaving for that reason only.
I laughed when the National news covered the gross intolerance of Hispanics going on up there. It's so so disgusting, but expected.
I wasn't surprised that some people (during this campaign) said people from PA were "bitter" and "racist". A lot people in NEPA are that way.
There are also good people there who don't know any better, because they only know what they've been taught. Chances are a lot of people are this way.

If people were better educated and if the area were a little more diverse, I don't think it would be so bad.

Everyone I have ever met whose left NEPA (and PA) always ALWAYS says "Thank GOD I got out of there".

You have no idea how bad it is until you LEAVE.

Hey dude...I am a cheerleader for NEPA & the Pocono's...and your running over me.

I disagree whole heartedly with you. I live in area that is very diverse, with very educated people...whether they be "locals" or "transplants"...with lovely personalities to boot.

Thanks for sharing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2008, 10:46 AM

641 posts, read 2,370,732 times
I left NEPA years ago.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:49 AM

1,590 posts, read 4,625,759 times
I left 3 years ago. When i first left i had the ****-poor attitude of the thread starter. It took a lot of growing up for me to realize that NEPA isn't nearly as bad as i thought it was. Sure, there is a high population of big 80's haired people that smoke like chimneys and maybe the people aren't so trusting of strangers but there is also a lot of opportunity in the area. I miss "home" and plan to return in 4 or 5 years if all goes well.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:50 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,665,452 times
SWB, WE never want you to leave..........what would we do?
PoconoProud......Don't get run over, we'd be lost without you too.

We know our state is wonderful, so what people say just rolls off.....as usual...some don't get it
Mountains, rivers, streams, valleys, fun, frolic, festivals, colleges, history, amusements......lakes.
Gosh what more could anyone want.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:53 AM

2,834 posts, read 10,766,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturnal rooster View Post
i left nepa years ago.

WE KNOW.......WE KNOW....WE KNOW...............

We've already heard you coc-a -doodle- do'in all about Pa.
Please spare us.

Old 10-20-2008, 11:31 AM

201 posts, read 538,982 times
I am not a big fan of NEPA but if there is so many who say it is better when you leave, then why are they on a NEPA forum instead of one in their own area? I personally would not waste my time.

Old 10-20-2008, 11:43 AM

248 posts, read 798,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley19 View Post
I am not a big fan of NEPA but if there is so many who say it is better when you leave, then why are they on a NEPA forum instead of one in their own area? I personally would not waste my time.
exactly! for some reason moving away doesnt seem to stop some people from coming back!

enjoy your new improved life - let us live in ours!

Old 10-20-2008, 12:04 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,665,452 times
Well I do have to say that I visit my old stomping grounds.....and I do post there. Not to bash though. Not at all.
I visit NJ because I lived there for tons of years........
I visit DE because I love the state and the beaches........ I have family there.......
I go to SC because I spend my winters there.....
You go, to tell what you learned and know......how you feel ,and how you don't about things.
It can work well if people accept your thoughts, views, and knowledge of an area.
It doesn't work well if there is a clique, or a group that doesn't want to know your side.
How you feel about different choices that one might have to make to live in that state.
One thing I have never done though is visit those states to bash. I happen to like those states...Lived, known, experienced them.
If I ever did leave a state because I "disliked it". I'd maybe say why.........once.........twice, but never over and over as some posters seem to do.

Old 10-20-2008, 12:34 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,766,703 times
This should be a new rule on this forum!
No state bashing when you don't live here!!

I moved here by choice, after many visits, I don't regret it for a second. It is WAY WAY WAY WAY better than where I came from, but I don't hang out on the LI thread and post continually how horrible I think their life is!
I'm sick and tired of people bashing Pa on this forum....they know who they are....they are like a broken record. ENOUGH!!!!
And as far as jobs...my husband makes a good living busting his azz as a truck driver...his company is always hiring...if you want to work, you can find a job. Neither of us have ever been unemployed in our 15 years of living here. I have had many job opportunities COME to me. I've been asked by a few business owners if I'd like to work for them, without my solicitation. Just by them observing my work ethic.

Oh...Have I mentioned............................I LOVE PA!................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by I LOVE PA!; 10-20-2008 at 01:15 PM..

Old 10-20-2008, 01:16 PM

3,756 posts, read 9,554,237 times
Everyone is missing the point. I think this thread is up to 3 pages now because the poster is getting what he/she wants: ATTENTION. Don't let negative people RENT space in YOUR brain!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania