U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 07:36 AM

4,084 posts, read 5,614,549 times
Default Another Robbery at knife point in Scranton...

Police investigate armed robbery (http://scrantontimes.com/articles/2008/10/24/news/sc_times_trib.20081024.a.pg3.tt24a3briefs_s1.20291 12_loc.txt - broken link)

SCRANTON A 46-year-old city man was robbed at knife point Tuesday, Scranton police Capt. Carl Graziano said.

Alejandro Ayala told police he was walking on Capouse Avenue near Ash Street when he noticed a black sedan following him. He said two men got out of the car and followed him to his house, where they pushed him inside, placed a knife to his throat and stole cash and credit cards.

It was the second reported knife-point robbery Tuesday by suspects in a black sedan. The other occurred in the 800 block of Willow Street, Scranton police said.

Anyone with information is asked to call police at 348-4134.

I guess we should start looking out for black sedans........Maybe we should just stay home then it won't be an issue...

This is getting to the point that its embarrassing for the city and the mayor should hold his in shame for what he has done to our police force and the public safety that we had in this city. This is exactly the PR thats needed to encourage people to move into the city.

MY PRIDE IS RESTORED!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2008, 08:29 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,300,415 times
Well, they can't give an honest description of the suspects, because that would most likely be politically incorrect, and we don't want to offend anyone...

I don't know why they even bother printing the article if they're not going to give a better description.... a black sedan.....that really narrows it down.

As you can tell, I'm really getting more and more fed up with political correctness lately....

Old 10-24-2008, 08:42 PM

3,302 posts, read 6,070,852 times
Whats with Scranton and Knives? Did the Joker inspire them?

Old 10-24-2008, 09:56 PM

26,087 posts, read 45,317,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Ne View Post
Whats with Scranton and Knives? Did the Joker inspire them?
Sorry we can't throw corn stalks and frozen Omaha Steaks at each other the way you folks out in Nebraska do!

Old 10-25-2008, 04:34 AM

3,234 posts, read 4,239,144 times
I don't know when people in this country starting worrying about offending other people. This whole notion of political correctness is fake. If something is true, just say it. You could be saving somebody's life if they know the real story and it's not sugar coated in political correctness. We have to stop worrying about offending everybody and every special interest group out there. If they don't like it, oh well. It does not make you racist or insensitive when you speak the truth about something. I'm with go phillies, I'm getting fed up too.

About the crime in the city. Doherty should be ashamed to see what his city has become. He should really take a hard look and drive around the city as a whole and really see the mess it is in. Why he would think people would want to move here in light of everything that has been going on lately is beyond me. He is living in a dream world if really thinks everything is all right in the Electric City. Like Dan said, OUR PRIDE IS RESTORED.

Old 10-25-2008, 08:01 AM

4,084 posts, read 5,614,549 times
The democratic party threw a big bash at St. Mary's center in Scranton last night and the whose who were there.....Rendel, Leighton, Kanjorski, Shimkus, Murphy, McGrath, Washo, O'Brien, Corcaran(sp?), Schrepinack(sp?), Petriloa(sp?) and funny enough Mayor Doherty was noticably absent from the party.

His own party in his city and he wasn't there........Hmmmmmmm

Hey 570717 I say someone your close to at the after party at Mertz......

Old 10-25-2008, 08:33 AM

3,234 posts, read 4,239,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
The democratic party threw a big bash at St. Mary's center in Scranton last night and the whose who were there.....Rendel, Leighton, Kanjorski, Shimkus, Murphy, McGrath, Washo, O'Brien, Corcaran(sp?), Schrepinack(sp?), Petriloa(sp?) and funny enough Mayor Doherty was noticably absent from the party.

His own party in his city and he wasn't there........Hmmmmmmm

Hey 570717 I say someone your close to at the after party at Mertz......
Could it be Dan, that his own political party is embarrassed by King Chris or was he vacationing again somewhere in Europe?

Old 10-25-2008, 02:45 PM

2 posts, read 2,762 times
Speaking of Ash Street...

I'm looking at a 1/2-Double for Rent tomorrow on Ash Street. I'll be relocating from NY to Scranton. Is Ash Street "the ghetto?" If so, I do not want to live there. And the fact that someone was stabbed on this street is frightening to me. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Old 10-25-2008, 03:06 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,300,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaeis View Post
Speaking of Ash Street...

I'm looking at a 1/2-Double for Rent tomorrow on Ash Street. I'll be relocating from NY to Scranton. Is Ash Street "the ghetto?" If so, I do not want to live there. And the fact that someone was stabbed on this street is frightening to me. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!
The lower part of Ash St is crummy....once you get to the top of the hill, its not too bad.

Old 10-25-2008, 03:45 PM

2 posts, read 2,762 times
Thanks! I'm looking at a place on the 1700 block. Would this be the crummy or not-so-bad section?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania