U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 07:08 AM

13,315 posts, read 13,547,963 times
I was at the twins house and we had about 100 or so maybe. They come in big groups.........

Summering had on her witches hat with attached braids that flipped upwards and a bow!!!

There was dry ice machine outside with various spooky things........Fun

My boonie area gets no one. I always head out of town to hand out candy. Then also, I don't bring

any candy home!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2008, 07:30 AM

904 posts, read 1,298,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle George View Post
A lotta parents "bus" their kids to our neighborhood 'cause we "do it up" for Halloween...
We'll bus down there next year too, if the kids get candy and the parents get Coronas.

We had about 20-25 kids here in Westside. Bummed I didn't get to go out trick-or-treating myself with my toddler, who crashed at 5:30 after a very busy Halloween day.

Old 11-01-2008, 07:39 AM

372 posts, read 754,676 times
Sign me up for that bus trip too!

Only about 25-30 kids here in Jefferson Heights. I'm used to going through 5 or 6 bags of candy when we were in Danville. There we had foot traffic and the "riders" who, I think, made it a goal to go everywhere in town to get candy without dressing in costume (maybe a mask, but everyday clothes!!)

Everyone was in costume here and, I must say, they were very well-mannered!! Lots of "pleases" and "thank yous" said at my door!!

Now...what to do with all this leftover candy?? Well, everyone has to have a goal, so...

oink oink!!

Old 11-01-2008, 09:00 AM

2,473 posts, read 3,285,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blip View Post
We'll bus down there next year too, if the kids get candy and the parents get Coronas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cathyde View Post
Sign me up for that bus trip too!
LOL!! O.K. folks...sign-up sheets will be sent out for next year's "NEPA 2 FL" Halloween Corona Express!!!

I'll drink to that!!

Old 11-01-2008, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathyde View Post
Everyone was in costume here and, I must say, they were very well-mannered!! Lots of "pleases" and "thank yous" said at my door!!
All the kids last night were in costumes & well mannered also, EXCEPT for the last bunch...they were about 7 or 8 y/o & ran up, took handfuls of candy & ran back down the driveway w/o a "trick or treat", a "hello" or a "thank you"!!

Their parents were in the street at the base of our driveway, so I couldn't resist yelling out "YOU'RE WELCOME" at the top of my lungs so they could see how "wonderfully" they've raised their kids!!!

Old 11-01-2008, 11:10 AM

26,225 posts, read 45,926,935 times
Can I come too? On second thought, do I really want Jungle George to get me drunk?! LOL!

Old 11-01-2008, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Can I come too? On second thought, do I really want Jungle George to get me drunk?! LOL!
Trust me Paul, you don't have anything to worry about!! You don't do a thing for me!! (nothing personal...)

Old 11-01-2008, 12:20 PM

26,225 posts, read 45,926,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle George View Post
Trust me Paul, you don't have anything to worry about!! You don't do a thing for me!! (nothing personal...)
Well that's a breath of fresh air! I haven't met a gay guy twice my age yet that hasn't been been nervous around me! Kudos to you! Reps coming your way for not being creepy! LOL!

Old 11-01-2008, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Well that's a breath of fresh air! I haven't met a gay guy twice my age yet that hasn't been been nervous around me!
OH!!! to be such a young stud-muffin!!! LOL!!!

Now Paul, I NEVER said I wasn't creepy!!! (just ask those kids last night who were scared to walk up my driveway with me decked out in a black hooded robe from the Walgreen's Halloween aisle....)

Old 11-01-2008, 06:02 PM

1,422 posts, read 2,283,008 times
Paul and JG...LMAO!!!

As for Halloween...we didn't have ONE kid...not ONE!!! I'm really bummed. I know our homes are really spread apart on my street, but there are several kids on our street and we figured we would at *least* get them, but nothing! Now I'm left with a ton of candy :::tears open a kit kat:::::. Sighh...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania