Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 07:47 AM

1,418 posts, read 3,582,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MermanMike View Post
Keep in mind that electricity in Pennsylvania will become deregulated in January of 09, and the modest expectation is for prices to rise by about 30%. This is from PPL info, check it out on the web. They are sending around warnings to customers now to plan for the increase.
I received a notice from our electric company, UGI Electric yesterday notifying me that I have the right to shop around during a "shopping period" that runs from Nov. 15th to Dec. 15th to get electric elsewhere. They had an "expected rate sheet" for 2009, showing only a 1% increase in the coming year. Why wouldn't they mention something as major as a 30% hike if it were an across-the-board thing? Is it just a PPL thing? The sheet they sent me says to expect a 1% increase due to increased cost of energy, but nothing about 30% or arranging pre-payment plans or anything like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2008, 05:08 AM

164 posts, read 384,831 times
I received a notice in September from PPL suggesting that I enroll in a payment option that would enable me to gradually adjust to my higher electricty costs. Monthly bills are expected to rise 30% or more in the year 2010. They were offering this pre-payment plan to help ease the burden of the impending rate increase and wanted people to sign up for it by Octobe 1 2008.

Another words if I gave them $4.24 per month from Oct 2008 - Dec 2009 I could save $6.92 each month on my increase for electricity. However if you move you would not save this money as you have to have an established history for the residence in order to save the money on the increase. And this money would be counted as income and you would have to pay taxes on it ... so I did not opt for it ... but I am sure that some did ... in my opinion the savings was not worth it for me.

If you want to learn more about this they provided a toll free number 1-866-597-2010 or you can find the information on their website. PPL Electric Utilities
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania