Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 10:21 AM

4,083 posts, read 9,097,857 times

Advertisements

No that quote you are refering to was the sleeping giant quote from the movie....There was never a reference to the blades of grass quote in Tora Tora Tora.......The quote in the movie actually is not correct either...

Yamamoto was also educated at U.S. Naval War College and Harvard University so he was very familiar with the US and its citizens. I doubt the quote was about the military but rather about our citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sues1 View Post
Yep, the people in the middle east are very kind, that's why they hijacked our planes and used them as missile's right into the twin towers. I'm not saying every person in the middle east is like that, but i don't trust that area.
Don't forget the USS Cole, Marine Barracks in Beirut, Countless highjackings, Lockerbie flight 103, 9/8/1974 TWA flight 841, Iran hostage crisis 444 days, 4/18/83 US Embassy attack Beirut, 4/5/86 german disco bombing killing us service men, 9/5/86 Pan am flight 73, World Trade Center attack in 1993, 7/4/2002 LAX GUN attack.

I'm sure that I missed a few...The embassy's in africa come to mind as well.

Old 11-06-2008, 11:23 AM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnyaGirl View Post
Sore losers! (by the way, how comes there's a thumbs up smiley but not a thumbs DOWN smiley?). I'll give the McCain supporters a few days to ***** and moan, lick their wounds, etc., but after that they need to realize that the majority has spoken, they are obviously in the minority, suck it up and join the fight with the rest of the country. Complaining and re-hashing hateful rhetoric from the nasty side of an ENDED campaign will not bring about anything but high blood pressure.
That's very generous of you, but I'm planning to moan and whine for at least 3 1/2 years.

Old 11-06-2008, 11:39 AM

1,001 posts, read 1,989,863 times
Rovian culture has been embedded in many people. His Anti-intellectual, win at any cost, partisian strategy is an excellent way to win, but comes with a big price to pay.

I will be at the inaguration, cheering, to usher in a new era of America. It is about America now.....not about party affiliation.

Old 11-06-2008, 12:25 PM

I said it before and I'll say it again....I'm not opposed to nor am I supporting Obama....There is no era of change because nothing will change..

This nation was so desperate for change that it cut its nose off to spite its face.

Again he is just another politician and he pandered to voters and told them what they wanted to hear....This nation would have elected anyone that was a democrat this time around and he is nothing new nor is he anything special... Just another politician........

I predict ONCE AND DONE because he will not be able to change anything in his first term.

What do you people honestly think is going to happen? Honestly what makes you think that Obama is going to be any different then any other Dem candidate? Because he is black?

He has no record to speak of and he has no experience as a leader....Lets face it you all saw was something different and voted for it, but what was the difference? Race? Thats all I see, a black dem president....Not a messiah, not jesus in costume, not moses splitting the political sea just a black dem president elect and that is all that seperates him from any other president elect... He is black.......

It has never been about America, its called politics and you of all people should know that. Nothing will change.....Obviously our economy is so pumped up about him winning and so excited about his new era of change that the DOW dropped 500 points as soon as he won.....

The only thing he ran on was the race card, because he has done nothing up to this point that really shows he is qualified to be president....29% minority vote carried his ass right in there and if he wasn't black he might have won but certainly not like he did because that 29% would have stayed home on Tuesday.

Old 11-06-2008, 12:36 PM

It is about Mindset Dan. Renewed faith in our system and Country at home and abroad. It can not be placed on one mans shoulders but if the Nation, as a whole is willing to believe and move forward rather than Right or Left we can make a change.

He has single handedly given a majority of Americans a re-invigorated sence of national pride they were lacking. That is the first change he has provided. He will not solve all the worlds ill's but if you love this country as much as you say you do then you must believe that we as a nation can change and can get better.

He is not perfect and will falter but we must all stand together to push this Country forward. Divisive and partisian politics will get us nowhere.

Believe.

Old 11-06-2008, 12:39 PM

32,617 posts, read 77,614,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by to570717 View Post
Believe.
Indeed.

Old 11-06-2008, 12:40 PM

I had a feeling Scran, that Cher was one of your inspirations.

Old 11-06-2008, 12:40 PM

411 posts, read 1,290,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
I said it before and I'll say it again....I'm not opposed to nor am I supporting Obama....There is no era of change because nothing will change..

This nation was so desperate for change that it cut its nose off to spite its face.

Again he is just another politician and he pandered to voters and told them what they wanted to hear....This nation would have elected anyone that was a democrat this time around and he is nothing new nor is he anything special... Just another politician........

I predict ONCE AND DONE because he will not be able to change anything in his first term.

What do you people honestly think is going to happen? Honestly what makes you think that Obama is going to be any different then any other Dem candidate? Because he is black?

He has no record to speak of and he has no experience as a leader....Lets face it you all saw was something different and voted for it, but what was the difference? Race? Thats all I see, a black dem president....Not a messiah, not jesus in costume, not moses splitting the political sea just a black dem president elect and that is all that seperates him from any other president elect... He is black.......

It has never been about America, its called politics and you of all people should know that. Nothing will change.....Obviously our economy is so pumped up about him winning and so excited about his new era of change that the DOW dropped 500 points as soon as he won.....

The only thing he ran on was the race card, because he has done nothing up to this point that really shows he is qualified to be president....29% minority vote carried his ass right in there and if he wasn't black he might have won but certainly not like he did because that 29% would have stayed home on Tuesday.
And that is your way of staying neutral? Truth is that leaves 71% non minority. Non minority voters obviously saw something that couldn't see. All I am sayin'

Yes the minority vote did make a difference. How did they get it? By getting out the vote. Senator McCains committee didn't accomplish that. Give credit where it is due. Obamas machine beat McCains machine. How did they do that? Ran a better campaign in my opinion.

Old 11-06-2008, 12:44 PM

32,617 posts, read 77,614,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by to570717 View Post
I had a feeling Scran, that Cher was one of your inspirations.
She has more plastic on her face than I do in my wallet!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania