U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-05-2008, 07:55 AM

4,084 posts, read 5,614,549 times
Just so everyone is clear here I am not a McCain supporter nor did I support Obama...Neither one did it for me. Althought Palin is better looking then Biden..

This is a change that is for sure, but so is herpes when you have the clap.

Neither of which anyone would really want.....
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 07:58 AM

1,422 posts, read 2,250,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
Listen this guy is NOBODY and hasn't been around long enough to have sense of who he is washington, he is silly puddy to be molded by the liberals even further and not only will he appoint new justices and go after the 2nd Amendment but Biden will be there pushing him all the way...

Mark my words.............
My husband shares the same fears that you do....I am a supporter of 2nd ammendment rights as well, and it was the ONE thing that pained me about voting for Obama. I don't want anyone taking away my right to protect myself in my own home or elsewhere for that matter. However, when stacked up against so many other issues, I couldn't vote on that issue alone....my husband thinks that enacting bans will be one of the first things Obama does in office. I'm praying that the economy and other issues will take precedence and that he will leave that alone. I know that sales of ammunition skyrocketed last night when it was clear Obama had won...out of fears of certain ammo being banned, etc.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:58 AM

4,084 posts, read 5,614,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by memoriesbre View Post
I think it is in the hands of GOD. I don't like either one of them. I voted for one of them.. but I am still a believer that GOD will take care of us.

Not that I'm knocking God but don't you think he is about 8 years too late on this one? I thought we were supposed seperate church and state? If he is in charge of DC then we are definitely violating some kind of federal law....

Old 11-05-2008, 07:59 AM

2,322 posts, read 3,397,650 times
the world is ending...ahhhhhh......

http://bestsmileys.com/weather/3.gif (broken link)

Old 11-05-2008, 07:59 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,300,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coartist88 View Post
something to look forward to....

http://oldbluewebdesigns.com/USSA.htm
Well at least with Bush gone, and the neocons denied another 4 years, we won't have to be this anymore:

Finally, the Pat Robertsons and James Dobsons of the world will have little influence in the way our country is run!

Old 11-05-2008, 08:02 AM

I can't believe anyone votes just on the 2nd amendment. I don't understand gun nuts. Nobody is going to take away the right to own a gun....so who cares if they do background checks and restrict assault weapons? Nobody has any need to own an automatic weapon. You want to fire those types of weapons? Join the army.

Owning a handgun for protection or rifles for hunting is fine....and no politician is going to take away that right. I don't see what's the problem.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:07 AM

26,087 posts, read 45,317,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
I thought we were supposed seperate church and state?
That is exactly why I shifted my support away from Sen. McCain when I more fully researched Gov. Palin. The stakes were too high for me to vote for him and then fear having that callous woman ascend to the presidency. When she said she'd support a Federal amendment to ban same-sex marriage and civil unions and thought that we were working in accordance to "God's plan" in Iraq, that was the final straw for me. I'm a Christian. I love our Lord. I do NOT think our nation's forefathers intended to have one faith trample over all other religious affiliations though. Let Gov. Palin spew forth that vitriol back up in Alaska, where it doesn't bother me in the least!

Old 11-05-2008, 08:08 AM

26,087 posts, read 45,317,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Well at least with Bush gone, and the neocons denied another 4 years, we won't have to be this anymore:

Finally, the Pat Robertsons and James Dobsons of the world will have little influence in the way our country is run!
Sen. Obama won NC, VA, IN, and many other former strongholds for the GOP. President Bush has polarized our nation worse than any other president in my lifetime.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Sen. Obama won NC, VA, IN, and many other former strongholds for the GOP. President Bush has polarized our nation worse than any other president in my lifetime.
NC and VA don't surprise me.....those states are becoming demographically northern states as people from NY, NJ, and PA move there. IN finally came to its senses and started voting with their heads and seeing that IN is an economically struggling state that depends mainly on manufacturing and farming. In the past, I think IN voted republican because there is a sizeable evangelical and redneck population there. Its nice to see them wise up and vote for their future rather than with televangelists and/or flag-waving jingoism.

I agree....it is such a relief to know that Bush will be gone and we won't be stuck with 4+ years of McSame and his bible-thumping warmonger running mate. The only thing that stinks for Obama is that he has to clean up the mess left by Bush/Cheney and their United States of Halliburton.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:12 AM

2,322 posts, read 3,397,650 times
the problem is...no one wanted the job as president...so we got these 2 winners....it was pick your poison....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania