Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2009, 06:22 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,111,043 times

Advertisements

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll105/poconoproud/happy20fall20fall20leaves.gif?t=1253967732 (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2009, 06:41 AM

3,236 posts, read 6,656,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Its quiet in here anymore.....this forum is definitely not as interesting as it used to be. The heated discussions have been smacked down and replaced with boring ho-hum inquiries from out-of-towners about developments and homeowner's associations..... yawn....
I agree with you and George. Why should I waste my time on here in fear that my post will be moved, deleted or locked. It's become way too strict and a bunch of us are on Facebook and nothing gets deleted or censored there. I love the heated arguments and debates and they are pretty much gone from here. That's the reason I joined in the first place, because Dan suggested that this site was good for discussion and debate on local politics and the like. Now, it is nothing like that anymore. Dan isn't on here anymore, Paul moved away and posts sometimes, me, you and CHS89 don't get heated anymore. The relocation and homeowners threads are BORING!!!

Old 09-27-2009, 08:13 AM

2,473 posts, read 5,452,072 times
A duck hunter was out enjoying a nice morning on the marsh when he decided he had to take a leak...

He walked over to a tree and propped up his gun. Just then a gust of wind blew, the gun fell over, and discharged... shooting him in the balls.

Several hours later, lying in a hospital bed, he was approached by his doctor. "Well sir, I have some good news and some bad news.

The good news is that you are going to be OK. The damage was local to your groin, there was very little internal damage, and we were able to remove all of the buckshot."

"What's the bad news?" asked the hunter.

"The bad news is that there was some pretty extensive buckshot damage done to your penis. I'm going to have to refer you to my sister."

"Well I guess that isn't too bad," the hunter replied. "Is your sister a plastic surgeon?"

"Not exactly." answered the doctor, "She's a flute player in the Manchester Symphony Orchestra. She's going to teach you where to put your fingers so you don't pee in your eye".

Old 09-30-2009, 06:56 AM

1,815 posts, read 5,398,572 times
Saw this tip and thought this is a great idea. Now I just need to find such a timer..

I use a small timer with a magnetic back that attaches to my stove. When I have something in the oven or stove, I just grab the timer and put it in my pocket. I can garden or clean the upstairs without forgetting something is coking. Once when we first moved into our house I was talking to a landscaper outside and my timer went off. He looked at me like I was crazy, but I told him I had to go inside, my cake was done!

Old 09-30-2009, 12:01 PM

1,590 posts, read 4,623,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Its quiet in here anymore.....this forum is definitely not as interesting as it used to be. The heated discussions have been smacked down and replaced with boring ho-hum inquiries from out-of-towners about developments and homeowner's associations..... yawn....
It's all because i haven't been here

I can see CD's staff's point, this site is geared towards relocation information. It wasn't started to be a place for friends and debates...although the lack of personalities in the nepa section lately does have me coming back less and less...

There has got to be a NEPA off topic forum somewhere on the internet, if not starting one isn't a bad idea. my town has at least 4, and they all see decent traffic. a couple of them even sell advertising space to help pay the bills.

and will someone post some fall pics?!? i want to see some changing leaves!

Old 09-30-2009, 02:57 PM

1,649 posts, read 5,001,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 61scout80 View Post
............. and will someone post some fall pics?!? i want to see some changing leaves!

61scout80 - It may be another week or two before you will see any 'leaf peepers' photos. I was 'down the mountain' today, and there was no color at all. Things are just beginning to change here.....I am about 15 miles south of Bear Creek.

Old 10-01-2009, 03:51 AM

This gave me a giggle because I'm headed to a rehearsal on Saturday...

At a wedding rehearsal, the minister told the father of the bride, "As you give your daughter's hand to the bridegroom, you should say something nice to him." The father, a grocery store manager, took the advice. During the wedding ceremony, he placed the bride's hand on his son-in-law's arm and said, "No deposit, no return."

Old 10-01-2009, 04:28 AM

2,760 posts, read 3,951,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lialleycat View Post
This gave me a giggle because I'm headed to a rehearsal on Saturday...

At a wedding rehearsal, the minister told the father of the bride, "As you give your daughter's hand to the bridegroom, you should say something nice to him." The father, a grocery store manager, took the advice. During the wedding ceremony, he placed the bride's hand on his son-in-law's arm and said, "No deposit, no return."
thanks for the morning laugh!

Old 10-02-2009, 04:39 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,656,665 times
I have just congratulated Line from Brazil that posted here when they came to work at Camelback one winter ago. Congratulations for winning the Olympics in 2016!!!
That should make for many jobs in that area. New hotels, road work, all kinds of promotions and marketing.
They loved their winter here, and I hope they come back to visit again.

Old 10-08-2009, 07:24 AM

A chuckle for this Friday Eve (fka Thursday)...

Unexpected cold snaps had destroyed the buds on my father's young peach tree for two years in a row. This spring, Dad was ready. He replanted the sapling in a large box, mounted it on wheels, and put the tree in the garage whenever the temperature dropped. One warm April day Dad was wheeling the tree out into the yard, and he stopped to give our dog a drink from the garden hose. A neighbor watched the scene with amusement. "Frank," he finally commented, "you're the only man I know who walks his tree and waters his dog."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania