U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-30-2009, 11:16 AM

935 posts, read 1,467,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Thank you loveinbloom for your very nice pictures.......!

To everyone in NEPA. On Thursday I will leave to SC. So I won't be here posting all of the local news and photos. I'm so glad we have a bunch of photographers now. That everyone joined in to show off our state.

I will be on to note anything I can from a distance.....

Meanwhile........I'll be posting and chatting with the SC crowd. ( leaving my heart in NEPA)

Even though I love, love, the ocean.........I'm always glad to return to the beautiful mountains of home.

Be good..........Hugggs!
Summering have a great trip!
My husband and I have decided in Feb. to go on a trip and we are thinking South Carolina. Can you recommend a place to stay at!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2009, 02:05 PM

2,550 posts, read 1,382,586 times
Ty summering...safe travels and take a dip for me...

Old 12-30-2009, 09:00 PM

9,999 posts, read 15,281,368 times
Have a safe trip and a not-quite-so-cold-and-snowy winter Summering!

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 12-31-2009, 07:37 PM

13,306 posts, read 12,882,549 times
Thank you 58 today and Fireworks on the beach..........cold front comin' in for the weekend.......then I hope it reverts back.....

Old 01-02-2010, 11:20 AM

1,642 posts, read 3,097,897 times
Hey, Sum! You got a week + of warm on me. We head to the airport on the 12th....flying south on the 13th.

It is fantastically beautiful up here on the mountain today! Just an inch or two of snow.....very, very cold....15 degrees......some sun...winds. It looks like a movie set. We are watching the snow swirl across the lake. We have had a house full of company since the Monday before Christmas....family, friends, neighbors. I did a big pot of pork/sauerkraut and mashed potatoes yesterday to insure good luck in 2010. All the tables and chairs were full. So were our bellies. I've given up trying to clean. Between cookie crumbs, toys, various shoes/socks, and puddles of snow it's every man/woman/child for themselves! I start at the stove in the morning and end the day with the dishwasher....for the third or fourth load. Oh, well. Everyone is happy.

Have a great time! Enjoy whatever warm you can find!

To Everyone: Happy New Year!! Maybe if we all join hands, sway, sing Kumbaya, and burp sauerkraut we can have a great year.

Old 01-02-2010, 11:32 AM

Oh so thats why our friends here served us Pork and sauerkraut yesterday.......but made breaded actually for us......because we don't eat the "good luck" sauerkraut. No luck for us perhaps........
I actually scribbled your dates on my calendar.......or I start to worry where you are Ms Rockky...LOL

Well, its completely sunny here....bright and beautiful.......but only 37 in Surfside Beach, SC.
I left the cookin' and toys behind........all packed away until April.
I put out some spring things for my return. Christmas was all discarded.......as usual we have to do that quick.........

We went out to the Market Commons......but I forgot the camera!! I think it will go in the car and stay there..........It has grown and it is an exciting place. They even had an ice skating pond made for people to skate on. Cute........
I've been to some box stores for odds and ends. To get a small table for the laptop so I don't dump it.......and a Valentine for the front gate. ......... No, its not going up as yet.
Its so nice to get here and relax a bit.......Now if only Mr Summering would slow down and relax...!

Old 02-06-2010, 12:24 PM

9,999 posts, read 15,281,368 times
What a strange winter - I believe we have more snow here in the Lehigh Valley then you have in NEPA and Philadelphia has more then any of us! My daughter, in Brooklyn, tells me they just got a dusting.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 02-08-2010, 07:05 AM

6 posts, read 3,399 times
Default carrie Underwood & the who at the superball

As some1 who knows about singing & many years a producer in the industry ..I can tell you that Carrie Underwood was not too far from Rosanne singing ..off notes & many of them..she tried to max the voice screaming ..& was off on 12 notes..
Underwood don't fit for such job..She's good for country music..nothing else..Same thing in 1/2 time..the Who use to be good up to 20 years ago..but no longer..look like the 2 original members ran away for few hours from the "old people home"..but lets forget the age..the vocals of the lead singer..were mostly horrible & the lead guitar Pete playing sounded like my 7 year old son..off notes etc..

Why the stupid people who organized the superball can not bring a real talent for the 1/2 time show..like Van Helen (which will draw many extra millions of watchers)..instead the bring in old timers which got no talent no longer..(like the Stones last year)...

Sorry Underwood..u got to learn a lot from Whitney Houston..

Will be great to see next super ball Whitney Houston again singing the star spangled banner & Van Helen at 1/2 time..surely with such combo..many watchers will tune in & the actual game will be secondary ..

Old 02-08-2010, 07:07 AM

7,940 posts, read 8,976,192 times
The Who have some good songs, but they are way past their prime....looks like the halftime show was sponsored by Hoveround. Plus, they shouldn't have had the Who play the halftime show, since Pete Townsend is a convicted pedophile.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:46 AM

Well Van Halen was formed in 1972 so they would also be an "old group." Whitney is also in the older singing group. I don't think we need the most updated singers to enjoy their music, even if it is a little off key.
Carrie Underwood is very current, and has a big following. I have to agree though, lots of missed notes. I was very surprised at that........usually you work on the tough spots of a song.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania