U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-25-2009, 09:03 AM

2,473 posts, read 3,409,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRed View Post
JD is my poison of choice too...Green Label but they stopped making it

Straight though...No coke...

*HIC* LOL
I'll drink to that!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2009, 01:25 PM

371 posts, read 502,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle George View Post
I'll drink to that!!
Yes...Lets!!!

Old 01-26-2009, 07:05 AM

For 51 years my Chinese zodiac symbol was the Rooster (well, it said I was born under the sign of The C-o-c-k....yeah...yeah...it was the big joke...) & now it says I'm born under the sign of The Monkey.... Wonder what happened.... I musta gone ape....

Our friend Annie told us about this show on the BBC network (if y'all have it up there on cable) called "The Catherine Tate Show". Being British, Annie's got the typical sense of humor, so we checked it out...

OMG!! It's hysterical!! Here's clips from 1 of the "characters" she plays....

Figured y'all could use a laugh!! This character "Nan" reminds me of one of my old aunts....

YouTube - Catherine Tate Nan Ugly Baby Tesco's

YouTube - Catherine Tate Nan Meals On Wheels

Old 01-26-2009, 05:09 PM

13,315 posts, read 13,943,386 times
Oh My how did you change signs..........I am a Leo the Lion and thats it. Please don't tell me I could change into something else now.....

Old 01-26-2009, 05:15 PM

1,422 posts, read 2,353,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle George View Post
For 51 years my Chinese zodiac symbol was the Rooster (well, it said I was born under the sign of The C-o-c-k....yeah...yeah...it was the big joke...) & now it says I'm born under the sign of The Monkey.... Wonder what happened.... I musta gone ape....
Hahahahaha!!! Between this and Sausage's video posted in the other thread, I'm really smiling

Old 01-26-2009, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnyaGirl View Post
Hahahahaha!!! Between this and Sausage's video posted in the other thread, I'm really smiling
LOL!! AND...for those of you "younger" folks, here's living proof that we had great music in the Top 100 when I was a kid!!

The passion, the emotion of the lyrics, the symphonic textures that permeate the song!!!

YouTube - Lonnie Donegan - Does Your Chewing Gum Lose Its Flavor

Old 01-26-2009, 07:51 PM

2,835 posts, read 7,373,425 times
We can tell who is a You Tube fan!!!

Old 01-27-2009, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE PA! View Post
We can tell who is a You Tube fan!!!
ME!!! ME!!!!

I've been working out in the jungle all day so far...it's 82 (finally!! I'm SO tired of cold already!!) I may not smell too nice at this point, but it's better than freezing!!

Our friend Denise stopped by this morning. She had the bed of her truck FILLED with branches of dracaena marginata (the "houseplant y'all have up there with thin "trunks" with thin red-edged green leaves) that she found on the side of the road...some were 12' high!! Someone musta "cut back" an oldie!!

All we do here is stick the branches in the ground & they root into new plants, so since I've been meaning to block out my 1 neighbor more, voila!! Instant privacy hedge!!

I had to hack a bunch of stuff out of the way, & now have a pile 8' high x 10' long for the garbage guys to take away this week!! (sometimes they probably curse me...)

Tomorrow we're going to BJ's to get a new bridge. The cedar one I have across the stream is all rotted (wood rots REAL fast down here...even pressure-treated!!) & dangerous. The one they have at BJ's is aluminum & a nice arch-shape. So after putting it together I have to mount & concrete it in...then continue cleaning the jungle.

I just found 2 Coronas in the fridge by the pool, so Dan...the 1st is for you & Ed, the 2nd's for you!!
Cheers!!!

Old 01-27-2009, 03:10 PM

Oh, I'll take a Baileys on the rocks please..........
JG has 82 degrees. Good gosh......I want that.
Hey, I hear you all are going to get another big SNOW storm tonight. TEN inches......really?
So my Pet Nanny wrote to say she is going up to the feral cats today before the storm.
I love having the Pet Nanny.....and she is go good with her job.
Now, we don't have to worry about JG.........But, are you all ready for this.
Shovels, Ice Melt, gas for the plow.......Those ice gripper thingy for the shoes!
Geez........well 70 here tomorrow. Then off to the beach with a good book........

Old 01-27-2009, 05:42 PM

Jungle George.........What is the name of this cactus?
Do those pods turn into flowers.....? Or perhaps they were flowers.....?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania