U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-01-2009, 10:47 AM

18,269 posts, read 2,579,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle George View Post
It's 82 here & sunny. Just like yesterday, the day before, the day before that, tomorrow, the day after, etc etc etc etc.... We're now starting to think about hurricane season....just around the bend... Gotta stock our hurricane pantry w/lotsa canned stuff in a few weeks & make sure all the batteries are still good...

I CANT STAND temperatures above 80. The temperature hardly exceeds 85 degrees here. It's May and our daily lows are still reaching the high 30's.Hope hurricane season isnt that bad. you better stock up!

That is one of the reasons I could never live in Florida. Hurricanes everyyear and constant 80+ temperatures

Plus their is really "no seasons" other than summer..just my opinion.

I'm going to split for lunch and then go out.

Talk to you later!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2009, 10:56 AM

2,474 posts, read 3,166,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post
I CANT STAND temperatures above 80. The temperature hardly exceeds 85 degrees here. It's May and our daily lows are still reaching the high 30's.Hope hurricane season isnt that bad. you better stock up!

That is one of the reasons I could never live in Florida. Hurricanes everyyear and constant 80+ temperatures

Plus their is really "no seasons" other than summer..just my opinion.

I'm going to split for lunch and then go out.

Talk to you later!
See?? That's what makes the world go 'round...I can't stand temps below 60!!!

Hurricanes don't hit here every year. In fact, in 2004 when we got 2 direct-hits in a 3 week period, that was the 1st time our area got hit in over 75 years!! Every year we just prepare in case one does happen to come our way...(and usually end up eating or donating the canned goods when the season's over) The worst thing is watching one coming for days & days & not knowing if it's gonna impact you or not, since their paths are so unpredictable...

But, anywhere you live, there's natural disasters of some sort, be it tornadoes, hurricanes, wildfires, earthquakes, floods or whatever...

Have a great lunch...my stomach's starting to growl too!!

Old 05-01-2009, 11:53 AM

1,813 posts, read 3,281,131 times
I don't like it when it gets above 80 and humid, but I don't like long cold spells either. I'd love to live in a place that had a long season of days in the 60's and maybe 70's.

Lunch was good. I had some nice homemade in the crockpot tomato soup with fresh shredded romano cheese. Mmmmm.

Old 05-01-2009, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lialleycat View Post
Lunch was good. I had some nice homemade in the crockpot tomato soup with fresh shredded romano cheese. Mmmmm.
I'm gonna post what I made on the "NEPA Cookin'" thread...

Old 05-01-2009, 12:46 PM

18,269 posts, read 2,579,180 times
Quote:
See?? That's what makes the world go 'round...I can't stand temps below 60!!!

Hurricanes don't hit here every year. In fact, in 2004 when we got 2 direct-hits in a 3 week period, that was the 1st time our area got hit in over 75 years!! Every year we just prepare in case one does happen to come our way...(and usually end up eating or donating the canned goods when the season's over) The worst thing is watching one coming for days & days & not knowing if it's gonna impact you or not, since their paths are so unpredictable...

But, anywhere you live, there's natural disasters of some sort, be it tornadoes, hurricanes, wildfires, earthquakes, floods or whatever...

Have a great lunch...my stomach's starting to growl too!!
50-70 is around my ideal range. You will be floored to learn temperatures this winter climbed down to the -30's and my friends and I were still outside horsing around in it!!( I am 16) didnt bothers us one bit because were "immune" I guess you could say to cold temperatures. nothing like throwing a glass of water and watching it freeze before hitting the ground!( I know you think I am a nut for liking the cooler temperatures)

Where I live in Indiana we deal with flooding, tornadoes,earthquakes,and blizzards.

Lunch was great! had ham/cheese sandwich with toasted corn cereal( not with milk[ate it from a little baggy])

Then a few friends wanted me to go to the park to start reading our new book.

It's a French book: Un engagement très long ( a very long engagement)

Anyone heard of it?

Old 05-01-2009, 01:03 PM

25,850 posts, read 44,078,454 times
My lunch was the best because I didn't cook it! My mother and I went out for lunch today to Lucky's Sport House near Wilkes-Barre to enjoy amazing fried buffalo chicken wraps with bleu cheese, shredded lettuce, and tasty fries!

Old 05-01-2009, 02:50 PM

Quote:
50-70 is around my ideal range. You will be floored to learn temperatures this winter climbed down to the -30's and my friends and I were still outside horsing around in it!!( I am 16) didnt bothers us one bit because were "immune" I guess you could say to cold temperatures. nothing like throwing a glass of water and watching it freeze before hitting the ground!( I know you think I am a nut for liking the cooler temperatures)
Yep...you're a nut!!! As nuts as I am for loving the heat & digging trenches, planting trees & chainsawing when it's 92 w/100 pc humidity!!!

Quote:
It's a French book: Un engagement très long ( a very long engagement)

Anyone heard of it?
Crap!! I gotta hard enough time reading ENGLISH!!!

Old 05-01-2009, 03:02 PM

Just found another YouTube of my friend Annie. Dates back to '78 with Renaissance. OMG!! I had hair like those guys once...(think I even dressed like them too...)!!! Looks like she'll be visiting for 4th of July...better start cleaning the guest room NOW!!

YouTube - Renaissance - Northern Lights [totp2]

Old 05-01-2009, 03:22 PM

15,293 posts, read 10,934,798 times
Default Rennaisance

Quote:
Just found another YouTube of my friend Annie. Dates back to '78 with Renaissance. OMG!! I had hair like those guys once...(think I even dressed like them too...)!!! Looks like she'll be visiting for 4th of July...better start cleaning the guest room NOW!!

YouTube - Renaissance - Northern Lights [totp2]
My favorite group...saw them in concert twice.Makes me feel old enough to be carbon dated..lol...

Old 05-01-2009, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
My favorite group...saw them in concert twice.Makes me feel old enough to be carbon dated..lol...
Don't feel bad..."older than dirt" here....

She still sounds like a 16 y/o though!! She's a pisser too...we always have lotsa laughs!! Do you have any of her paintings?? I'm checking into a gallery in Palm Beach for her & she's planning on being in Sarasota before she comes here to do some radio/TV/gallery stuff...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania