U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 05-11-2009, 05:59 AM

2,474 posts, read 3,044,239 times
Default A Little "After Mother's Day" Reminder...

A Mother's Teachings...

Mom taught me to APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE - "If you're going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning."

Mom taught me RELIGION - "You better pray that it will come out of the carpet."

Mom taught me TIME TRAVEL - "If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week."

Mom taught me LOGIC - "Because I said so, that's why."

Mom taught me IRONY - "Keep laughing and I'll give you something to cry about."

Mom taught me OSMOSIS - "Shut your mouth and eat your supper."

Mom taught me STAMINA - "You'll sit there until all that spinach is finished."

Mom taught me WEATHER - "It looks as if a tornado swept through your room."

Mom taught me PHYSICS PROBLEMS - "If I yelled because I saw a meteor coming toward you, would you listen then?"

Mom taught me HYPOCRACY - "If I've told you once, I've told you a million times, don't exaggerate."

Mom taught me BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION - "Stop acting like your father."

Mom taught me ENVY - "There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who don't have wonderful parents like you do."

And most of all, Mom taught me THE CIRCLE OF LIFE - "I brought you into this world, and I can take you out."

Thank you Mom!!!
Quick reply to this message

Unread 05-11-2009, 08:55 AM

13,303 posts, read 12,376,362 times
Too Funny.........and yes, I heard them all "personally" Spinach being the worst to endure......

Unread 05-11-2009, 01:36 PM

1,813 posts, read 3,155,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Too Funny.........and yes, I heard them all "personally" Spinach being the worst to endure......
What's wrong with spinach? I love spinach! Especially fresh baby spinach salad with strawberries, mandarin oranges, walnuts and a raspberry dressing. Mmmmm.

Unread 05-11-2009, 04:11 PM

18,269 posts, read 2,537,474 times
Good Evening friends!

Unread 05-11-2009, 04:18 PM

25,414 posts, read 42,222,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post
good evening friends!
Howdy!

Unread 05-11-2009, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Good Evening friends!

YouTube - The Alfred Hitchcock Hour intro

Unread 05-11-2009, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Howdy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle George View Post

So how has your guys' day gone?

Unread 05-11-2009, 06:42 PM

Quote:
So how has your guys' day gone?
Except for a run-in with our $@#hole neighbor where we called the cops, just wonderful!!!

In '99 when I moved here, we were buddy-buddies. I helped him do all kindsa stuff with his house, yard, we partied together & were friendly. During the hurricanes, him, his wife & their pets & luggage rode out the storms in our house (the stronger structure of the 2).

In '04, right after the hurricanes, I strung out hoses from either side of the house so our neighbors on both sides could get water for flushing, washing & cooking. (I have city water & they have well, so with no electricity, they had no water).

He abused my good will (washing his car, etc), so my mom (who was living with us) got P.O'd & cut off his water. Ever since, for the past 5 years he won't speak to us, does vindictive childish crap, & basically acts like a 2 y/o!! Even his wife calls him an a-hole!! (now THAT'S sad!!)

Well, long story short, we had enough of being his "dumping ground", so a confrontation started & he threatened my partner!! (insert call to cops..)

It's so stupid!! After 5 years, GET OVER IT ALREADY!!!

Unread 05-11-2009, 06:52 PM

Default ****Hic****

THINGS THAT ARE DIFFICULT TO SAY WHEN DRUNK:
1. Innovative
2. Preliminary
3 Proliferation
4. Cinnamon

THINGS THAT ARE VERY DIFFICULT TO SAY WHEN DRUNK:
1. Specificity
2. Anti-constitutionalistically
3. Passive-aggressive disorder
4. Transubstantiate
5. Parallelogram

THINGS THAT ARE DOWNRIGHT IMPOSSIBLE TO SAY WHEN DRUNK:
1. No thanks, I'm married.
2. Nope, no more booze for me!
3. Sorry but you're not really my type.
4. No thanks, I'm not hungry.
5. Good evening, officer. Isn't it lovely out tonight?
6. Oh, I couldn't! No one wants to hear me sing karaoke.
7. I'm not interested in fighting you.
8. Thank you but I won't make any attempt to dance, I have no coordination. I'd hate to look like a fool!
9. Where is the nearest bathroom? I refuse to pee in this parking lot or on the side of the road.
10. I must be going home now, as I have to work in the morning.

Unread 05-11-2009, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle George View Post
Except for a run-in with our $@#hole neighbor where we called the cops, just wonderful!!!

In '99 when I moved here, we were buddy-buddies. I helped him do all kindsa stuff with his house, yard, we partied together & were friendly. During the hurricanes, him, his wife & their pets & luggage rode out the storms in our house (the stronger structure of the 2).

In '04, right after the hurricanes, I strung out hoses from either side of the house so our neighbors on both sides could get water for flushing, washing & cooking. (I have city water & they have well, so with no electricity, they had no water).

He abused my good will (washing his car, etc), so my mom (who was living with us) got P.O'd & cut off his water. Ever since, for the past 5 years he won't speak to us, does vindictive childish crap, & basically acts like a 2 y/o!! Even his wife calls him an a-hole!! (now THAT'S sad!!)

Well, long story short, we had enough of being his "dumping ground", so a confrontation started & he threatened my partner!! (insert call to cops..)

It's so stupid!! After 5 years, GET OVER IT ALREADY!!!
Sounds lovely

We have a similar situation here only differences is we live in a apartment building and the reason for the back and forth tension, name calling..etc is over someone sitting on the sidewalk and not on the picnic table across the row.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania