Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2009, 12:57 PM

2,473 posts, read 5,453,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockky View Post
I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures of your windows. I realllly love that kind of stuff.
Here's a pic of them "drying" out by the pool...

Last edited by Jungle George; 04-28-2009 at 01:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2009, 01:12 PM

1,418 posts, read 3,583,717 times
Happy birthday to Rockky AND JungleG!!!

Old 01-13-2009, 01:12 PM

2,760 posts, read 3,953,012 times
My hubby turned 50 on friday and my mom would have been 80 today! You share a b-day with the greatest person I have ever known! You are one lucky dude~ Cracker barrel...yummy...haven't had that in years!

Old 01-13-2009, 01:19 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,765,301 times
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JG!!
I lvoe the windows...was anxious to see a pic of the finished project as my mind could not wrap around the description on what you were doing! So..they will light up??!! Please try to capture a pic of that!

Old 01-13-2009, 01:41 PM

1,815 posts, read 5,399,697 times
Happy Birthday Rockky!

I love Cracker Barrell too! We don't have any on Lawn Guyland, but whenever I head out of state (except when we go to Lancaster) I like to stop. I find some neat things in the gift shops too. Actually, I think that might be where the hat came from in my profile pic! And I got my favorite dragonfly shirt there too.

Old 01-13-2009, 01:50 PM

1,815 posts, read 5,399,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle George View Post
They live in Carle Place. (don't ask me where it is...L.I.'s like Fla, flat as a pancake & half the time I didn't know if I was going N/S/E or W!!!) Bill took me to see where he grew up (around Ronkonkoma) & we spent a few hours walking around Sayville (really pretty village). Everyone we came in contact with was really nice & friendly!! (which kinda surprised me since all I read on the NY forums is how rude & mean L.I. folks are!!)

By the end of the 5 days we were there I was saying "Oh my Gawd!! I needa cuppa cawfee"!!! (now I sound like Bill's mom!!)
I've not been to Carle Place much, it's a bit west of me, probably about 2 hours in rush hour traffic. I've worked near Ronkonkoma, back in the early 90's. Near the lake there was always flooding on the roads. Sayville is really nice, but expensive to live. There was a good chocolatier out there that I'd pick up stuff for work clients from when I worked nearer there. Yeah, Lawn GuyLand is pretty flat overall - if LI were on LOLCats, our pic would say "topography - we aint got it"

Old 01-13-2009, 02:11 PM

1,418 posts, read 3,583,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lialleycat View Post
Happy Birthday Rockky!

I love Cracker Barrell too! We don't have any on Lawn Guyland, but whenever I head out of state (except when we go to Lancaster) I like to stop. I find some neat things in the gift shops too. Actually, I think that might be where the hat came from in my profile pic! And I got my favorite dragonfly shirt there too.
I love the Cracker Barrel shop! I especially love all the old time candy you can't find anywhere else

Old 01-13-2009, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnyaGirl View Post
I love the Cracker Barrel shop! I especially love all the old time candy you can't find anywhere else
ANY old time candy you can find here...

Jacks Country Store, Ocean Park, Washington - Product Catalog (http://www.jackscountrystore.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=62 - broken link)

Speaking of sweets, thanks for the cake!!

Old 01-13-2009, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE PA! View Post
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JG!!
I lvoe the windows...was anxious to see a pic of the finished project as my mind could not wrap around the description on what you were doing! So..they will light up??!! Please try to capture a pic of that!
Yep...they'll light up. I'll post pix when they're up on the wall...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lialleycat View Post
I've not been to Carle Place much, it's a bit west of me, probably about 2 hours in rush hour traffic. I've worked near Ronkonkoma, back in the early 90's. Near the lake there was always flooding on the roads. Sayville is really nice, but expensive to live. There was a good chocolatier out there that I'd pick up stuff for work clients from when I worked nearer there. Yeah, Lawn GuyLand is pretty flat overall - if LI were on LOLCats, our pic would say "topography - we aint got it"
LOL!! I think we're gonna be back this year...they're getting married!! (Lord, I hope they choose a warm time of year!!)

Old 01-13-2009, 02:27 PM

1 posts, read 1,884 times
To all the Wonderful NEPA folks who post so many beautiful pictures, THANK YOU!!! I'm currently living in Austin, TX and very much miss my family, friends, the wonderful Polish food and of course the great outdoors of NEPA!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania