Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 01:06 PM

14 posts, read 32,782 times

Advertisements

Does anyone here have or knows someone with a direct buy membership.I'm currently building my 1st home & seriosly considering using direct buy to furnish and upgrade my home. I am so interested to your experiences.

Old 11-15-2008, 04:43 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,111,043 times
I have no experience, but I've googled Direct Buy Complaints... that's what I do for everything my husband wants to buy or buy into. I google the item plus the word complaints, to see what the public has to say.

http://complaintwire.org/Complaint.aspx/eUMle3o6UwCQIwjJgiKf_Q (broken link)

DIRECT BUY CUSTOMERS SPEAK OUT! this one seems to be in their favor more..maybe Direct Buy made it up.

Ripoff Report Search Results: direct buy

The Directbuy Scam - 50Plus Discussion Forums

Old 11-15-2008, 04:54 PM

106,579 posts, read 108,713,667 times
it costs thousands to join, its rediculous

Old 11-15-2008, 07:05 PM

936 posts, read 2,396,784 times
I have a direct Buy membership. There are good things and bad things about Direct Buy.

First off their membership is very expensive. You have to pay an 8 percent charge on just about everything. The things you order are shipped to their warehouse and you have to pay delivery which can be costly. If you have a truck and can pick up your merchandise its might work.

We bought a new home and found that we didnt need alot of things except some furniture and a washer and dryer.

We saved money on the purchases but we had a difficult time with delivery. They wanted a rediculous price and we werent left with much choice. The next items we ordered we got an outside vendor to deliver. At that point I was not too happy. You probaby can save alot on many items but you have to do your homework. There are things that they are selling cheaper but when it goes on sale in the major stores it sometimes is cheaper than Direct Buy. There are ups and downs with this. If you are putting all new floors down, a new kitchen and bathroom and alot of furniture than it might be worth it. If your not take my word the cost of the membership isnt worth the savings on just a couple of rooms of furniture.

Good Luck,
roxy

Old 11-17-2008, 06:51 AM

2,317 posts, read 5,127,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOLAS2MUCH View Post
Does anyone here have or knows someone with a direct buy membership.I'm currently building my 1st home & seriosly considering using direct buy to furnish and upgrade my home. I am so interested to your experiences.

be careful....all I can say is if it sounds too good to be true...it is...
and it sounds like a scam to me.....

Old 11-17-2008, 06:58 AM

969 posts, read 2,851,220 times
From only ONE of the many complaint sites with regard to these scam artists:

"A federal lawsuit has been filed in U.S. District Court in Hartford against the national high-end DirectBuy franchise operation, accusing it of falsely telling prospective clients that they are getting furniture, appliances and other household products at manufacturer prices.

In a lawsuit filed by attorney Seth R. Klein of Hartford, DirectBuy is accused of hiding the fact that DirectBuy receives rebates from manufacturers which are not directly passed on to their members, who pay as much as $7,000 to join for two or three years.

The lawsuit, which seeks to be certified as a class action representing thousands of present and former members of the more than 100 franchises, was filed earlier this month.

It follows a May 11 Watchdog column on DirectBuy that disclosed the rebates, which are kept secret from its members and from those it entices to join through high pressure sales techniques.

DirectBuy officials had no comment on the suit but had said earlier that it uses the millions of dollars it received in rebates to the benefit of its members."

This company is the lowest of the low - stay away.

Old 11-17-2008, 08:24 AM

936 posts, read 2,396,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasonville View Post
From only ONE of the many complaint sites with regard to these scam artists:

"A federal lawsuit has been filed in U.S. District Court in Hartford against the national high-end DirectBuy franchise operation, accusing it of falsely telling prospective clients that they are getting furniture, appliances and other household products at manufacturer prices.

In a lawsuit filed by attorney Seth R. Klein of Hartford, DirectBuy is accused of hiding the fact that DirectBuy receives rebates from manufacturers which are not directly passed on to their members, who pay as much as $7,000 to join for two or three years.

The lawsuit, which seeks to be certified as a class action representing thousands of present and former members of the more than 100 franchises, was filed earlier this month.

It follows a May 11 Watchdog column on DirectBuy that disclosed the rebates, which are kept secret from its members and from those it entices to join through high pressure sales techniques.

DirectBuy officials had no comment on the suit but had said earlier that it uses the millions of dollars it received in rebates to the benefit of its members."

This company is the lowest of the low - stay away.
can you send the link to this article?

Old 11-17-2008, 09:43 AM

969 posts, read 2,851,220 times
From above - scroll down to see article

The Directbuy Scam - 50Plus Discussion Forums

Old 11-17-2008, 10:02 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,668,568 times
There are a lot of sheeple out there.

I can tell from the commercial it's a scam right off the bat.

Old 11-17-2008, 10:20 AM

138 posts, read 369,368 times
I went to one of their Direct Buy meetings and found it to be a bunch of baloney...

They wanted an absurd amount of money for membership and they took down our ID info because they said if we didn't join that day, we couldn't return to one of their meetings or join the program for 7 yrs. Huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania