Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 01:40 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,131,843 times

Advertisements

was the person in need of psychiatric intervention/were they in jail for a misdeaminor such as dui/disorderly conduct?maybe associated with a TREATABLE psych disorder----i have seen way too many seriously mentally disturbed people walking the streets in this area---what psych resources are there and does the police have acess so they can tend to the more serious business of felony issues

Last edited by returningtonepa???; 07-12-2009 at 01:41 PM.. Reason: poor typing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2011, 05:11 PM

2 posts, read 2,245 times
Wow, although the ppl are arrested, who Are any of you to judge? im sure not one o you have a completely clean slate... Youve all done somethi ng no matter how little an infraction. Whateve hapoend to the idea of let the first person without sin cast the first stone? Being a good person isnt jjst doing things and not getting caught. Maybe you are good people.. But that doesnt mean we can judge anyone else jus becuz they have been arrested. That isnt conduc of a good person... Becuz, unless we were there at the time of the alledged offense, we do not kno for surr whether these ppl did what theywere accused of. Now after they stood trial and were convicted, thats different, but who are we to make them out to be so bad? Its rediculous to be so absorbed in intolerance. Thats the way the world is and it isnt ever gonna change. So it does not help to act like youre so great, that doesnt change anything

Old 09-22-2011, 05:13 PM

2 posts, read 2,245 times
Please excuse my poor spelling as it is hard to spell well on my cell phone

Old 09-22-2011, 07:16 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,945,768 times
I guess you told us. (Aren't you a little young to have a cell phone?)

Old 09-22-2011, 08:58 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,287,627 times
I'm highly disturbed by the notion that "all criminals are scum and deserve to die".

Old 09-22-2011, 09:26 PM

32,915 posts, read 36,310,068 times
The people (ppl?) being detained should not have been in possession of any item or substance with which to commit suicide. Epic failure by the Wilkes-Barre police. However, it seems that corrective measures have been taken and it has not happened since.

Minus 3 points Sean for responding to a nearly three year old post.

I pay my taxes and I don't steal. I can judge whomever I choose to judge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_d_l View Post
Wow, although the ppl are arrested, who Are any of you to judge? im sure not one o you have a completely clean slate... Youve all done somethi ng no matter how little an infraction. Whateve hapoend to the idea of let the first person without sin cast the first stone? Being a good person isnt jjst doing things and not getting caught. Maybe you are good people.. But that doesnt mean we can judge anyone else jus becuz they have been arrested. That isnt conduc of a good person... Becuz, unless we were there at the time of the alledged offense, we do not kno for surr whether these ppl did what theywere accused of. Now after they stood trial and were convicted, thats different, but who are we to make them out to be so bad? Its rediculous to be so absorbed in intolerance. Thats the way the world is and it isnt ever gonna change. So it does not help to act like youre so great, that doesnt change anything

Old 09-25-2011, 07:26 AM

102 posts, read 306,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I'm highly disturbed by the notion that "all criminals are scum and deserve to die".
I agree. Judgemental, much?

Old 11-01-2011, 02:00 PM

25 posts, read 58,547 times
How about calling it them suicides and being done with it instead of, hmmm, covering up a murders by other scumbags in the same cell. I saw it back in the 70's with someone I knew who was locked for mischief, this guy had no reason to take his own life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania