Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 02:21 PM

32,606 posts, read 77,274,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John From Scranton View Post
Paul, get over urself!! Im once again done with trying to make you understand. You have alot of growing up to do!!! And I dont care if you been on here for 10 years!! What is the big deal that im new?? Im still older and wiser then you!!
So we have another poster that feels that one's age entitles them to being more intelligent, wiser, more deserving of having their opinions read, yada, yada, yada? Get over myself? In case you haven't noticed yet I'm far from needing to "get over myself." I actually have rather low self-esteem. Just because I can post EVIDENCE that bolsters my side of an argument when someone posts something as outlandish as "My iPhone and NEXTEL are a lot cheaper than a land line" in order to defend a poster who opposes me in a debate doesn't make me immature, stupid, or need to be "enlightened" by you "old and wise" types. When you joined this forum it was never my attempt to seek you out and tick you off. I'm sorry that it's come to this, but it looks as if we're really not going to get along too well---you soured me from the get-go when I learned you had harassed I LOVE PA, a member whom I GREATLY admire. Even though you made amends eventually, it still irked me that you'd strike up a fight with her in the first place when she wouldn't harm a fly.

It's not a "big deal" that you're new. I mentioned that you're new because you acted as if I had just posted the social security numbers of all of those posters for public view or something when in fact all I had done was list just a bit of what I've learned of this sub-forum's cyber-family members over the years. If mathjak wants to reject the notion that he's a good photographer, then let him lie. If EnyaGirl wants to reject the fact that she's a fan of Enya, then let her lie. If go phillies wants to reject the fact that he works in Downtown Wilkes-Barre, then let him lie. If coartist88 wants to reject the notion that he's suave, then let him lie. What I meant with the "new" comment was that if you were around this forum for as long as I've been around this forum interacting with as many people as I've been interacting with, you learn so much about them that you feel as if you actually know them as good friends, or even family. I cried when I had learned that member MoMark had tragically passed away. If someone from our little neck of the woods should happen to suffer the same fate, I'll actually make every effort possible to attend their viewing or wake.

Most people here either love me or hate me. I'm fine with that. I'd prefer to find out what makes the "haters" tick so I can try to make amends, but with people like you and weluvpa that just doesn't seem to be possible because even when an olive branch is extended and accepted we're still back to bickering the next day, much to the dismay of Yac I'm sure. We're just polar opposites, and that's how we'll just have to be---agreeing to disagree.

Where did I "attack" you at all here? The "read a book" sort of comment was harsh, but it was blunt and honest. I'm tired of people saying my opinions don't matter either because I'm young or because they "can't read more than a paragraph." Some of the best books I've ever read have been lengthy ones, and they didn't get good until about 3/4 of the way through. If you only skim something over, then you're going to inevitably miss out on some of the good stuff inside.

Old 12-02-2008, 02:22 PM

1,418 posts, read 3,568,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
You're still new here. Hang around for 2.5 years as I have and you start to learn to be able to read people inside-out.
Why encourage him? LOL.

Old 12-02-2008, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnyaGirl View Post
Why encourage him? LOL.
I hope he stays. He burned bridges with I LOVE PA too, but now they get along just fine. I hope eventually he and I will come to some sort of "understanding" (maybe I'll DM him later), so that we, too, can co-exist peacefully. I have no right to make someone else feel unwelcome. I have never once assumed the role of tattle-tale to the moderators to report weluvpa over the years, even when he gets downright insulting with some of the name-calling he hurls my way. Everyone needs to vent once-in-a-while. Apparently though John seems to be the type to get VERY defensive if he gets the short end of the stick in a debate whereas weluvpa just gets feistier. I'm a bull-headed Scorpio with a deep temper, so I don't usually just "step aside" when faced with conflict.

I hope John stays. I also just hope that he stops playing this role of "hit-and-run" where he'll say something unflattering about me to attract my attention and then do a 180-degree steamroll backwards as if I'm a "bully" targeting him when I outdo him in a debate designed to defend myself from that initial comment.

Old 12-02-2008, 02:31 PM

2,473 posts, read 5,428,929 times
OMG!! I just got outta the attic (almost as good as getting outta the closet) & just opened this thread & HOLY CRAP!!!

For the love of God everyone, take a chill pill!!!! It's CHRISTMASTIME!!! (you know....that "peace on earth, good will to all" stuff!!)

We ALL know you guys don't agree on stuff & I for one am tired of the same incessant picking on each other!! I feel like I'm back in junior high!!!

All 3 of you have valid opinions & valid points. Just agree to disagree....at least for a little while!!

It's the Holidays for cripesake!! God bless us.....every one!!

Old 12-02-2008, 02:34 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,752,146 times
In the words of Clark Griswold..."hallelujah! holy sh*t!...where's the Tylenol?"

Old 12-02-2008, 02:40 PM

Great post, George!

I just don't know why everyone feels the need to get so personally offended when the three of us go at it though. Just let weluvpa, John from Scranton, and I fight ourselves into oblivion, tucker ourselves out, get scolded (and/or given infractions) from our moderator (who must need an aspirin after reading a thread like this), and then life goes on. Junior high? Yes. The fact that the two other parties in this fracas continually use "I'm older than you, so there!" as a comeback isn't saying much to prove their case either, when it just makes them look as immature as, well, a college kid. After all, I know some people my junior with brilliant minds and some people my senior who couldn't find their ways out of a cardboard box if it was dropped onto their heads. Age is not directly-related to intelligence. Am I smarter than some? Yes. Am I dumber than some? Yes. Is it because of my age? Most certainly NOT! LOL!

Unfortunately I've become jaded and cynical because I only see the worst side of humanity coming out this time of year as I work in big-box retail and see people fight over the last clearance decoration we have to offer for sale instead of thinking "Gee. Perhaps this other person may need this item more than I do!" LOL!

Old 12-02-2008, 02:55 PM

2,317 posts, read 5,112,036 times
http://bestsmileys.com/peace/1.gif (broken link)

peace...love...and tranquility....

http://bestsmileys.com/usa1/1.gif (broken link)

Old 12-02-2008, 03:01 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,628,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lialleycat View Post
I too am tired of the labels or the hypen Americans. We are all just Americans and there is not a dang thing wrong with that! Of course I'm one of those rebellious types that on questions of race will choose 'other' and write in 'human'.
I agree. Black people don't need to be called African-Americans or Mexicans, Mexican-American. I don't label myself a European-American. Like I stated before, we have become much too politically correct and it's insulating ourselves.

Old 12-02-2008, 03:11 PM

1,162 posts, read 2,993,848 times
I am an Irish Swedish American. Or am I a Swedish Irish American?

Old 12-02-2008, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenRice View Post
I am an Irish Swedish American. Or am I a Swedish Irish American?
Can I be Neapolitan with rainbow sprinkles?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania