Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 11:59 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,662,148 times

Advertisements

Hurray!!! Everyone go to the tree farm.
It is less crowded on the weekdays, I should be going friday.
Your FIRST ever. Gosh, I have never had a fake tree........LOL.........
I have gone in NJ and paid an arm and a leg for a holey tree ( yes not holy).........
Oh you can't get the smell from scents or candles......In fact I am so allergic to scented things......
Come, come to PA........It is so worth the ride. Make a day of it.......stop for hot chocolate......
Go into Big Lots ( Lehighton) for nice boxes,or lights.........
Stop for some pizza.......
Play your Christmas CD.......
Perfect, perfect trees............. ~~~"Oh Christmas Tree~~~ Oh Christmas Tree~~~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 01:55 PM

1,815 posts, read 5,399,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Hurray!!! Everyone go to the tree farm.
It is less crowded on the weekdays, I should be going friday.
Your FIRST ever. Gosh, I have never had a fake tree........LOL.........
I have gone in NJ and paid an arm and a leg for a holey tree ( yes not holy).........
Oh you can't get the smell from scents or candles......In fact I am so allergic to scented things......
Come, come to PA........It is so worth the ride. Make a day of it.......stop for hot chocolate......
Go into Big Lots ( Lehighton) for nice boxes,or lights.........
Stop for some pizza.......
Play your Christmas CD.......
Perfect, perfect trees............. ~~~"Oh Christmas Tree~~~ Oh Christmas Tree~~~

I have a $20 fake tree I got about 10 years ago. It's worse for wear, but was what I've used. Funny part is, I had about a dozen menorahs over that time (my 2nd husband was Jewish).

I'm thinking about skipping the tree this year. I'm just not in the mood at all and my finances are in a poor state. I was thinking of just putting out the village and putting a 3' potted tree in the middle and decorating that. I have a few little trees in the yard I could probably dig up. If it doesn't make it over the season - oh well. There's plenty more! Lots of pines around here.

Old 12-01-2009, 02:28 PM

Oh thats ok.....put the little tree up you've had and just decorate it differently.....
Yes, some pine cones from outside is a great idea........
Don't wreck the finances over a tree. Thats really, really, is not worth it.
I bet the village would look good under the fake tree.

A heartwarming thing for me this Thanksgiving is when the little two year old.......kept
asking me to see the train going around in the Christmas bulb.......
He was so fascinated........Sometimes just the little things make you smile.

Old 12-02-2009, 01:49 PM

1,815 posts, read 5,399,697 times
Oh, I can't put the village under the tree! I'm sure the cats would make off with the figures and hide them under the couch! I can't even have a tree skirt or presents until Christmas morning. They leave the ornaments alone and thankfully none have ever gotten the notion that they could climb to the top!

I'm thinking of taking my spare folding table, putting some books on it here and there for varying heights, covering it with a white tablecloth and then some batting snow (the flake stuff would be EVERYWHERE!). Then I'll put the village up and a real tree in the center with a few LED lights and some small ornaments as if it were the tree at the village's center. I'll give the idea a try on Sunday and post pictures if I succeed.

Old 12-03-2009, 11:56 AM

371 posts, read 938,234 times
Or I could drive us to Pa for a tree???
You know I will...

Old 12-04-2009, 06:33 PM

Hi Everyone......I have my Concolor Tree!! I can remember the times we had to buy the biggest, and haul it to the loft with ropes....and lots of help. Those days are over. Due to the fact that I have electric heaters by most wonderful window places, I have to use a pretty good spot in the family room. The ceilings in this house are not the cathedral
we have had in the past. So this tree is just full enough. It smells wonderful.......a slight citrus smell and I hear that is good for allergic people. We have those in our family too.......
So here is my tree with the "blue bow" on it. Some pictures also of Crystal Springs Farm today. It was a joy going there and seeing Margaret again. ( the owner ) It really is 7 feet tall, my angle was bad I am thinking. Plus now we have cut some from the bottom, and that too long top.......

My charming tree......

The working shed at Crystal Springs

Fields of trees............

close up of a Concolor Tree and its branches.........

More fields..........

Assortment of trees.........

Some cut trees.............

We had fun today. I loved that they cut the tree for us. Came by a few times to pick it up..( when we were ready...and with a smile) Shook it, put it on the car and tied it........What more could one ask for.
But....my pleasant conversation with Margaret who is the owner and a real doll.
I thought you'd love to see the trees. When I take a picture soon of the decorated tree, I'll be sure to post it.

Old 09-29-2010, 06:20 AM

Congratulations Crystal Springs Tree Farm.......Chosen as the "Best" tree farm .......They will have a tree in the WHITE HOUSE this year. It was already chosen by the White House gardener.
The tree will be in the Blue Room.
They were chosen previously also in a contest that enters trees from all around the nation.
The tree was picked out this week and tagged. ( 2010)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania