U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-02-2008, 08:51 PM

9 posts, read 16,859 times

Advertisements

I have purchased this pottery at a local store. It's great to use for cooking. Has anyone else ever used it? Is it as durable as they say it is? I am new to this so any information will be appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2008, 09:50 PM

21 posts, read 25,680 times
Chambrea,

We use the stuff every day and on special occasions everything comes out (gravy boats, mugs, platters, etc). We would like to have more but there's no more room in the cabinets. Sometimes I think that I need to put a few more mounting screws into the cabinets to hold them (those dishes are heavy). I microwave, bake and serve in them all the time. We even keep butter in our refrigerator in a small oval dish for everyday use.

Here is what we have... BLOG BLOG BLOG: Time To Eat!

Enjoy them,

Dennis

Old 12-29-2008, 02:52 PM

11,102 posts, read 9,745,964 times
I have a few pieces that I purchased at Home Goods of all places - the markings on the back say BOLSLAWIEC Hand made in Poland.
Isn't there a store in NEPA that specializes in this stuff? I love it too! I agree its pretty and durable.

Old 01-31-2009, 09:56 AM

935 posts, read 1,566,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I have a few pieces that I purchased at Home Goods of all places - the markings on the back say BOLSLAWIEC Hand made in Poland.
Isn't there a store in NEPA that specializes in this stuff? I love it too! I agree its pretty and durable.
An old thread but I wanted to let you know about this place I am going to next week.

Its called Holly Ross Pottery and they specialize in Polish Pottery. Their hours are limited so you need ot call 570-676-3248.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:58 PM

9 posts, read 16,859 times
Smile QVC Pottery in Exeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxy38 View Post
An old thread but I wanted to let you know about this place I am going to next week.

Its called Holly Ross Pottery and they specialize in Polish Pottery. Their hours are limited so you need ot call 570-676-3248.
Hi Roxy,
I also bought some of the QVC pottery in Exeter, at European Treasures. Their phone is 570-709-9102. If I remember right they are open Thursday-Sunday. From what I understand it's the same pottery that Holly Ross carries. I do like it better since it isn't as heavy as the other pottery that is out there. It's amazing how much lighter it is. I love the bakers and bowls I bought. I am hooked. It's all I use now!

Old 02-13-2009, 08:46 AM

935 posts, read 1,566,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chambrea View Post
Hi Roxy,
I also bought some of the QVC pottery in Exeter, at European Treasures. Their phone is 570-709-9102. If I remember right they are open Thursday-Sunday. From what I understand it's the same pottery that Holly Ross carries. I do like it better since it isn't as heavy as the other pottery that is out there. It's amazing how much lighter it is. I love the bakers and bowls I bought. I am hooked. It's all I use now!

I loved Holley Ross. They had beautiful Polish pottery but it was too expensive for me to use everyday. I bought their own pottery and added a different color to my new set of dishes. The prices were pretty good. I am going to check out European Treasures next. Thanks for the info.

Old 04-03-2009, 08:45 PM

11,102 posts, read 9,745,964 times
Thanks Roxxy! I am going to PA for Easter Vacation to look at homes and I thought I would checkout Holley Ross also European Treasures.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,070 times
check Polmedia Polish Pottery - Handcrafted Stoneware from Boleslawiec Poland. for Polish Stoneware
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania