Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 05:42 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,583,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
I go to NYC and the NJ Shore for things to do.
Hey so do I.........born and raised in NJ too! .......I love NYC and I love the shore. Not just the NJ shore anymore. I really like rehoboth beach, and Bethany Beach.
My parents had a home just before the bridge at Seaside. My kids loved the shore, and still do. We all head there when we can.
But.........I like living in PA really. There is more open spaces, and tons of things to do. Concerts and singers who come this way. Festivals galore....
I don't think I could leave PA permanently, only in the winter months..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2008, 05:58 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,327,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Hey so do I.........born and raised in NJ too! .......I love NYC and I love the shore. Not just the NJ shore anymore. I really like rehoboth beach, and Bethany Beach.
My parents had a home just before the bridge at Seaside. My kids loved the shore, and still do. We all head there when we can.
But.........I like living in PA really. There is more open spaces, and tons of things to do. Concerts and singers who come this way. Festivals galore....
I don't think I could leave PA permanently, only in the winter months..
I would prefer to have the activities of NYC, the NJ Shore and the Poconos rolled into one provided the weather was nice all year long. Yes, I am a dreamer.

Old 12-08-2008, 07:11 PM

253 posts, read 993,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
I would prefer to have the activities of NYC, the NJ Shore and the Poconos rolled into one provided the weather was nice all year long. Yes, I am a dreamer.
AHHHHH to dream

Old 12-08-2008, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagldot View Post
AHHHHH to dream

We all need to dream about something. Life would be too boring otherwise.

Old 12-08-2008, 10:08 PM

567 posts, read 1,299,821 times
You can go catch a game of hockey, perhaps a AAA Yankees Game in Moosic.

Or you can get on an adult soccer league with your company.. see Wyoming valley sports dome or riverfront sports complex in scranton.

Old 12-09-2008, 10:38 AM

411 posts, read 1,285,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
Moosic mountain starting behind the Holiday Inn in Dunmore is good place, there are many old foundations and relics of the Gravity railroad and mining on that mountain including a hand cut rough hewn tunnel that is 886ft long.
Used to love going in there, that was going to be my family's refuge if they dropped the big one!

Old 12-09-2008, 11:27 AM

411 posts, read 1,285,846 times
Quote:
The weekend before Thanksgiving was my last day on the Susq...Waiting till the weather breaks and then I'm back up there....Scouting for duck and geese....Too cold for fishing right now but we'll try and see if we can get anything in the deeper areas..

I'm looking for a reasonable drysuit for the early season lackawanna.....March/April/May run-off...

I'm trying not to let the cold keep off the river, but it is what it is right now......Not really motivated to ski or ride so hopefully this cold snap will bring in some ice and my buddy and I can get some climbing in this winter without having to drive to NH...

Still really just want to be able to paddle right thru the year.......
Try the upper section then. Stillwater Dam to Simpson. Great stretch dropping around 57 ft/mile. Lots of boogie water and the one big drop in Simpson. Just shore scout that one, can be a bit choked with strainers and there is some undercut rock.

Old 12-09-2008, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Moosic mountain starting behind the Holiday Inn in Dunmore is good place, there are many old foundations and relics of the Gravity railroad and mining on that mountain including a hand cut rough hewn tunnel that is 886ft long.
I think parts of Moosic Mountain are now posted but you can probably get around the signs.

Is Bill's in North Scranton still open? I haven't been there in over 20 years.

Old 12-09-2008, 03:21 PM

4,083 posts, read 9,059,246 times
Yes it is still open...There are not many mom and pop shops left in the city, but they have a loyal customer base.

Old 12-09-2008, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Yes it is still open...There are not many mom and pop shops left in the city, but they have a loyal customer base.
It's ashame the mom and pop stores are disappearing as fast as they do. I always enjoyed shopping at them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania