Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 01:58 PM

537 posts, read 1,332,124 times

Advertisements

I started online with connerart. I moved to New England to start a business in historical artwork. Last name and profession. Some people thought my name was Art Conner in reverse. That got old and when I was playing backgammon online, a friend from the midwest began calling me "TAFKAK!" He was clever and always joking. He explained that it meant "The Artist Formerly Known As Ken." I liked it so much I began using it. Months went by and I noticed that so many people wouldn't play backgammon with me anymore. I was finally told by someone that people were assuming that I was a middle eastern person, probably from Turkey. So, I learned that my new name had the ring not of an Irishman! I was so upset that I wanted this crowd to know where I was from, hence "AmeriKenArtist!" (btw, The people from the middle east are some of the best backgammon players in the world. I enjoyed the intense challenge.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2008, 02:08 PM

366 posts, read 1,036,225 times
LIMAMA4 = From Long Island and a Mom of 4 great kids!

Old 12-09-2008, 02:09 PM

1,418 posts, read 3,583,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeriKenArtist View Post
I started online with connerart. I moved to New England to start a business in historical artwork. Last name and profession. Some people thought my name was Art Conner in reverse. That got old and when I was playing backgammon online, a friend from the midwest began calling me "TAFKAK!" He was clever and always joking. He explained that it meant "The Artist Formerly Known As Ken." I liked it so much I began using it. Months went by and I noticed that so many people wouldn't play backgammon with me anymore. I was finally told by someone that people were assuming that I was a middle eastern person, probably from Turkey.

LMAO!!! That is so funny. I like "AmeriKen Artist"...it's clever!

Old 12-09-2008, 02:25 PM

253 posts, read 996,696 times
Bagl = my initials.

When I first went online that was my AOL user name- bagl@aol.com (shows you how long I've been online, but I gave up AOL years ago.). Anyway - a dear friend of ours in Honesdale used to call me bagldot for short. He's deceased now, so it's in memory of him.

Old 12-09-2008, 02:49 PM

2,014 posts, read 3,897,080 times
First username I ever used was Cookeys because of the obvious that I cook for a living and I also at the time was an aspiring songwriter on the electronic keyboards hence the keys part. I only kept cookeys for a few weeks because I believed it sounded like a girl's username. So, even though I wasn't a qualified Chef at the time I changed it to Chefkey. At least now I use the name knowing it is legit LOL.

Old 12-09-2008, 03:00 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,656,963 times
Big New York Rangers fan and I put the 2008 in there in hopes of them winning the Stanley Cup last year. It didn't happen, guess I'll have to change it to 2009.

Old 12-09-2008, 03:06 PM

1,815 posts, read 5,399,058 times
I'm from Long Island and I'm a cat person, usually taking in stray cats. Also, like EnyaGirl, it was my AOL screen name from forever ago and has kinda stuck and I use it on all my forums.

Old 12-09-2008, 03:11 PM

567 posts, read 1,305,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post
Big New York Rangers fan and I put the 2008 in there in hopes of them winning the Stanley Cup last year. It didn't happen, guess I'll have to change it to 2009.

Go Devils ;-)

Old 12-09-2008, 03:14 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,656,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingOutOfNJ View Post
Go Devils ;-)
Awww, come on now. The Rangers beat the Devils in the first round of the playoffs last year.

Old 12-09-2008, 03:20 PM

910 posts, read 2,991,783 times
Live in the Poconos and I'm a Mama! I used to use PoconosGirl everywhere until the kiddies came along
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania