Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 05:51 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,326,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John From Scranton View Post
It dosnt matter they have internet, no matter where one go's in the USA!
It's just that he's staying put, moving to Scranton, Connecticut, Baltimore/D.C., so who knows where he'll post from.j

Old 12-14-2008, 06:53 PM

858 posts, read 3,036,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
It's just that he's staying put, moving to Scranton, Connecticut, Baltimore/D.C., so who knows where he'll post from.j
Quote:
Of course I am. I'm still young, naive, and trying to figure out where I want to live. I'm quite certain that some sort of political office bid will be in my future---most likely at a council level---in whatever city I happen to end up in. I just have so many fresh idealistic perspectives on revitalization issues that I think are overlooked by our jaded mostly "50-something" current elected officials in each local city.
City council Look out Scranton.

Old 12-14-2008, 06:58 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,326,226 times
Quote:
I hop it's not in the too distant future.

Old 12-14-2008, 08:01 PM

32,606 posts, read 77,262,075 times
Quote:
It dosnt matter they have internet, no matter where one go's in the USA!
Quote:
Snarky, snark, snark. Calling me out again, are we? Are you going to cry and hide in your corner again when things get out of hand? Yes, you're damn right. No matter WHERE my life takes me I can STILL have access to the Internet, and hence also City-Data. You're not going to get rid of me that easily!

Old 12-14-2008, 08:08 PM

702 posts, read 2,289,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Snarky, snark, snark. Calling me out again, are we? Are you going to cry and hide in your corner again when things get out of hand? Yes, you're damn right. No matter WHERE my life takes me I can STILL have access to the Internet, and hence also City-Data. You're not going to get rid of me that easily!
Yeah, but are you/have you left Scranton for the more liberal enclaves of Connecticut? Just wondering.

Old 12-14-2008, 09:34 PM

567 posts, read 1,299,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
But once again in response to the NJ transplant who bashes Scranton yet chose to move here, NJ politics is so corrupt it makes Scranton look honest....the average NJ politician makes Chris Doherty look like a choir boy.
If your referring to me.. idk if you are or not.. i moved to w-b.. not scranton ;-)

Old 12-15-2008, 07:36 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,749,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingOutOfNJ View Post
If your referring to me.. idk if you are or not.. i moved to w-b.. not scranton ;-)
Nope...not you, another NJ transplant who chose to move to Scranton, yet bashes the city and the people here.

Old 12-15-2008, 11:25 AM

32,606 posts, read 77,262,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Nope...not you, another NJ transplant who chose to move to Scranton, yet bashes the city and the people here.
Technically weluvpa is a NJ transplant too, heyna or no?

Old 12-15-2008, 12:44 PM

4,083 posts, read 9,054,807 times
Sure am.... Never denied it...I am very proud of the fact that I was born yards from the ocean on island out of this area...........I live here, but I have never said that I consider this my hometown.....On its absolute worst day, my hometown makes this city look like, well what it looks like

That hasn't changed my love for NEPA and all that it has to offer.......You seem to be confused between my supposed "hate of all that is Scranton" and my displeasure and unhappiness with the politicians.

I like this city and this area for my own reasons...They are not yours or the same as yours. I like my neighborhood and all the neighbors that have watched me grow over the years and now they get to see my son grow...

I have lived many places Paul and I know what I like and don't like. My opinions are based on living many years in many different places....What are yours based on?

Old 12-15-2008, 08:31 PM

21 posts, read 82,761 times
ScranBarre: That was a really nice, well written post, UNTIL you said "why else would I be befriending a bunch of middle-aged soccer moms on internet forums...?"
It's that snide disdain that's a turnoff.
Otherwise the photos are a treat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania