U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 08:06 AM

3,298 posts, read 5,931,730 times
Very good pics as always ScranBarre, some blurry but no worry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2008, 11:02 AM

25,853 posts, read 44,136,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Ne View Post
Very good pics as always ScranBarre, some blurry but no worry.
Thank you. It wasn't my camera's fault. I was shaking it all around while power-walking and trying to "snap as I went," and those were the results. I was worried I'd have been stampeded otherwise if I tried to stop! LOL!

Also, I can recall someone upthread had asked about what camera I used. I only use a cheap Kodak EasyShare digital camera that my parents bought for me as my Christmas gift back in 2005 (I think). My more well-to-do friends with minuscule and very high-tech devices laugh at me, but it's served me well for the many thousands of images I've taken thus far in all of my photo tours (and will resume in earnest in 2009 as I try to find something to make me happy in life again).

Old 12-19-2008, 01:08 PM

1,813 posts, read 3,285,101 times
It's funny, I live relatively close to the city and rarely go there. I guess since I could hop on the train and go out there anytime, I don't make it a point to do so. Perhaps I should start making it a point to go.

Old 12-19-2008, 01:45 PM

18,970 posts, read 3,731,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Thank you. It wasn't my camera's fault. I was shaking it all around while power-walking and trying to "snap as I went," and those were the results. I was worried I'd have been stampeded otherwise if I tried to stop! LOL!

Also, I can recall someone upthread had asked about what camera I used. I only use a cheap Kodak EasyShare digital camera that my parents bought for me as my Christmas gift back in 2005 (I think). My more well-to-do friends with minuscule and very high-tech devices laugh at me, but it's served me well for the many thousands of images I've taken thus far in all of my photo tours (and will resume in earnest in 2009 as I try to find something to make me happy in life again).
Sometimes the inexpensive cameras are better than the expensive ones. I use a Kodak digital and I find it a lot easer to cary and use--no changing lens, buying film. etc.

Old 12-21-2008, 12:22 AM

888 posts, read 1,534,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
Sometimes the inexpensive cameras are better than the expensive ones. I use a Kodak digital and I find it a lot easer to cary and use--no changing lens, buying film. etc.

But you get virtually no control over the camera...

Old 12-21-2008, 03:55 AM

27,309 posts, read 22,750,602 times
theres something to be said for those little point and shoots, i got a 25 lb back pack now everywhere i go with all this camera gear....

of course big difference in quality and ability but for some snapshots point and shoots are great

one of my favorites

http://www.kenrockwell.com/canon/compacts/sd880.htm

Last edited by mathjak107; 12-21-2008 at 04:36 AM..

Old 12-21-2008, 05:22 AM

366 posts, read 635,455 times
Thanks for sharing. The pictures are great! I'm glad to got to see New York City. It is quite a place. I live on Long Island and haven't gotten a chance to go see the tree in many many years. I'm hoping while my husband is on vacation the week after Christmas, we will go on a date to the City. I need to find a babysitter and we are off.

Old 12-21-2008, 05:25 AM

27,309 posts, read 22,750,602 times
even though we live 20 minutes from the city once every couple of years we play tourist. we stay at a central park area hotel for a weekend and take in a show and dinner.... it gives us a chance to appreciate the fact we live in nyc

Old 12-28-2008, 06:17 PM

28 posts, read 55,566 times
My husband and I drove around once - back and forth thru NY and NJ. I live in NEPA but have to commute daily to NYC - to work - and it feels like I live there. Needless to say the commute is very tiring....and can be obnoxious at times. But these are nice pictures.

Take the Metro North train on an off-peak hour and you will enjoy a quiet ride. Grab a cup of coffee at Penn Station (connecting train from Secaucus), get to NY in about two hours and walk about Midtown. Get to go with people who know how to get to the best spots, to sample the local fare. I go to the NYPL during lunch hour sometimes and get a book to read (have my own library card), or a DVD to view on the train on the way home (off-peak hours) for a nice ride home and a slice of NY pizza. Gotta love it!

Old 12-28-2008, 06:32 PM

1 posts, read 518 times
I enjoyed your pics as I am an x-NYC girl. I noticed your post and just joined a few minutes ago. I am glad to see that I finally got to view the Rockafeller Center Tree. U made our Christmas. Thank you. The best cannolis are on Bleecker Street closest to 6th Ave. The first place you would reach called Rocco's.. The pizza John's Pizza on 6th just west of Bleecker is the best. Just in case you visit back soon. We are going in February.. Any good eatz you would like to share? Merry Christmas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania