Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 01:23 PM

1,418 posts, read 3,584,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezbowski View Post
isn't Wegman's, Sams Club, and Wal-Mart all owned by the same parent company?
Wegmans has NO connection to WalMart whatsoever. Sam's Club is owned and operated by Wal-Mart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 01:30 PM

109 posts, read 366,924 times
Yes, Wegmans has no affiliation with Walmart

If you stick to your list, and try to avoid all the great specialty items, Wegmans is the best price around. I have shopped at Giant, Price Chopper (I find them to be the highest priced), Walmart, and Shursaves. I always spend less for my order at Wegmans, plus the experience is much nicer there. It really feels like less of a chore when I shop at Wegmans.
About Walmart- I try to go to the Dickson City Walmart maybe once a month, to try to stock up on juice and cereal (which they have terrific prices on), but I often find that they aren't stocked well at all. Most of the items I am going to buy, are sold out.

Old 07-30-2009, 01:50 PM

936 posts, read 2,397,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvysmom View Post
Yes, Wegmans has no affiliation with Walmart

If you stick to your list, and try to avoid all the great specialty items, Wegmans is the best price around. I have shopped at Giant, Price Chopper (I find them to be the highest priced), Walmart, and Shursaves. I always spend less for my order at Wegmans, plus the experience is much nicer there. It really feels like less of a chore when I shop at Wegmans.
About Walmart- I try to go to the Dickson City Walmart maybe once a month, to try to stock up on juice and cereal (which they have terrific prices on), but I often find that they aren't stocked well at all. Most of the items I am going to buy, are sold out.
I dont have any children but Wegmans has a play area for children that shocked me!! You drop off your kids and you have 1 1/2 hours to shop. They keep your children in a locked area so the kids cant get out and strangers cannot get in. They have a similar play area as mcdonalds, but smaller, a place for the kids to color and play games. You come back to claim your kids when your done. I would think that you have to show them Id. Amazing, I never seen that in a store before, almost wish I had some brats, NOT!!!

Old 07-30-2009, 04:31 PM

3,756 posts, read 9,554,237 times
I sail out to ShopRite in Daleville, PA. I need a break from Walmart and I love the selection it has.

By the by, Roxxy, not all of us raise brat . I have a young one I can take anywhere and you do not know she is even around. I saw the pen in Wegman's - and just do not like the idea.

The Shoprite in Daleville has little shopping wagons for customers in training.

Old 07-31-2009, 12:04 AM

1,384 posts, read 3,177,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfectedMushroom View Post
I hate WalMart...so much, I refuse to ever step foot in one.
I hate WalMart as much too. Just last week, I decided to buy some clothes at DC Wal-Mart. As soon as I drove into the parking lot, and saw the crowds, and the welfare kings and queens coming in and out, I turned around and got the heII out of there. What was I thinking? Other than that, I think that I have stepped foot in Wal-Mart, maybe once in the past 5 years.

Old 07-31-2009, 05:52 AM

1,418 posts, read 3,584,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxy38 View Post
I dont have any children but Wegmans has a play area for children that shocked me!! You drop off your kids and you have 1 1/2 hours to shop. They keep your children in a locked area so the kids cant get out and strangers cannot get in. They have a similar play area as mcdonalds, but smaller, a place for the kids to color and play games. You come back to claim your kids when your done. I would think that you have to show them Id. Amazing, I never seen that in a store before, almost wish I had some brats, NOT!!!
LOL (can't add more rep for ya' just yet) I lovveeee this little fact about Wegmans. It also amuses me how they built the new candy station (in the WB one anyway) *right* next to the childrens' area. They're not stupid. They know there's no way a parent is walking out of there without a bag of candy if they have to lead their kids through Willy Wonka's factory to get to the play area! lol

Old 07-31-2009, 06:08 AM

2,760 posts, read 3,953,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEDIAMOND64 View Post
I sail out to ShopRite in Daleville, PA. I need a break from Walmart and I love the selection it has.

By the by, Roxxy, not all of us raise brat . I have a young one I can take anywhere and you do not know she is even around. I saw the pen in Wegman's - and just do not like the idea.

I agree with ya! Lil man is almost always as good as gold. BTW...he is a big help with grocery shopping.

Old 07-31-2009, 06:47 AM

889 posts, read 2,574,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnyaGirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxy38 View Post
LOL (can't add more rep for ya' just yet) I lovveeee this little fact about Wegmans. It also amuses me how they built the new candy station (in the WB one anyway) *right* next to the childrens' area. They're not stupid. They know there's no way a parent is walking out of there without a bag of candy if they have to lead their kids through Willy Wonka's factory to get to the play area! lol
In their defense, Weggies does have candy-free check out aisles. And I do see a lot of parents with kids making use of those aisles.

If you get to an Ikea store, check out their kid play area, I think Wegs copied their's from Ikea.

Old 07-31-2009, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEDIAMOND64 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveinbloom View Post
I agree with ya! Lil man is almost always as good as gold. BTW...he is a big help with grocery shopping.

Sorry I didnt mean to offend your childrens behavoir. I actually never find anybody's kids acting out in the store. I do however think its a great idea and makes it easier to do shopping with this perk that Wegmans offers. I have to disagree about it being a pen, its a large room, and a pretty nice one. It has a glass surround and a half door. They have stuff for the kids to play on and I think that children would rather be there then in a shopping cart, IMO.

Old 07-31-2009, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnyaGirl View Post
Thanks for the rep points. I dont have that many, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania