Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 07:15 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,346,034 times

Advertisements

Same as last year----Don't make any

Old 12-26-2008, 10:22 PM

2,835 posts, read 7,339,535 times
After thinking about this one for a long time with a short memory I came up with:

1. Start counting backward in age this year. I reached my pinnacle age anyway!

2. Learn to eat my ABC's better: Apples Before Cherries!

3. Double or possibly triple my exercise routine. I love math! Any number times 0
equals 0!

4. Give far more than I receive.

5. SMILE more and laugh infectiously! The ones I infect will be carriers of happiness

So that's my 5 2009 resolutions of which I may have to invoke a revolution on myself to fulfill!

Happy New Year! 2009 who would of thunk it!

Old 12-26-2008, 11:44 PM

99 posts, read 270,979 times
I definatley have to lose weight.. I am getting DANGEROUSLY heavy... I am a member of the planet fitness on GreenRidge so I suppose I should go.

Buy my GF that "ring" she deserves.

Start working on getting my credit situated so we can put that land we have to good use.

Meet new friends.

Old 12-27-2008, 04:39 AM

164 posts, read 384,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnyaGirl View Post
Lus....as someone who's resolution it was to quit for 2008 (and succeeded), I'm here to tell you, you can do it!!!
I am going to give it my best try ..... one day at a time right?

Old 12-27-2008, 04:47 AM

164 posts, read 384,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxy38 View Post
And for Lus:
As for quitting smoking!!!! Very important. That was one resolution that I kept. I smoked 3+ packs per day and I stopped. It was difficult but again health reasons ruled out. Its tough at the beginning but you will be happy about it later. I am breathing alot better now after 10years smoke free. I took up another habit that replaced the cigarettes. I chewed gum. I chewed 2-3 packs per day. I blew bubbles and lots of them. It helped me get through the withdrawals I guess. I didnt care if I offended anyone with my annoying chewing. It worked!!! I dont chew gum much anymore but it was easy to quit chewing gum, lol. Good luck with this difficult addiction. Be positive!!!!
I know that it is very important ... my lungs are screaming for a break ... and come January 1 I will not pick them back up ... I don't smoke 3 packs a day ... but I do smoke 1 and then some depending on the day but at the very least I smoke 1 ... I think I'm going to take your advice on the gum chewing ... and I'm not going to tell my family ... I want to see how long it takes them to notice ... they are always on me for this bad ... very unhealthy habit ... you see ... I am the only smoker in the house.

Thank you for your encouragement ...

Old 12-27-2008, 08:17 AM

1,815 posts, read 5,398,572 times
Quote:
1. Lose 30 lbs (losing weight is always everyone's #1 resolution, right? At least until February...lol)

2. Get our bills fully under control/cut expenses

3. Pass the real estate exam, get my license, and find a good brokerage...
You are so right on #1. I work out about twice a week all year long and we've been discussing with the other 'regulars' how crowded it's going to be after the New Year! Soon it'll be where you have to have waiting lists for the machines, but by February, just the regulars and maybe a few others will be left.

Good luck on the realtor exam. I used to be a real estate agent about 7 or 8 years ago. I don't know if the PA exam is similar to the NY one, but I thought it was an easy test.

Old 12-27-2008, 08:21 AM

For all those with 'lose weight' or 'eat healthier' as resolutions who are also on the computer a lot, there's a great website for tracking your food and exercise. It's FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal. I've been using it for a few years now and it's great and FREE! They have reports where you can track your nutrient intake so you know what nutrients you are low on and then you can google foods with that nutrient or take a supplement.

Old 12-27-2008, 09:25 AM

1,418 posts, read 3,582,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lialleycat View Post
You are so right on #1. I work out about twice a week all year long and we've been discussing with the other 'regulars' how crowded it's going to be after the New Year! Soon it'll be where you have to have waiting lists for the machines, but by February, just the regulars and maybe a few others will be left.

Good luck on the realtor exam. I used to be a real estate agent about 7 or 8 years ago. I don't know if the PA exam is similar to the NY one, but I thought it was an easy test.
Thanks! I've taken the Jersey test before (had my license for a few years there), so I kinda know what to expect, but it's still been a few years and I've forgotten all the pesky legal stuff.

Old 12-27-2008, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Thanks! I've taken the Jersey test before (had my license for a few years there), so I kinda know what to expect, but it's still been a few years and I've forgotten all the pesky legal stuff.
I'm sure there is lots of new pesky legal stuff now too! If I got back into real estate, I think I'd rather be a buyers agent. But as a single living on my own, I need the steady income of a 9-5 job. Maybe one day...

Old 12-27-2008, 09:55 AM

537 posts, read 1,332,011 times
Default Personal experience...

I lost my Father and two Aunts because of smoking. Dad died from emphysema which is a slow, cruel way to go. My Family quietly endured the disease for years. Everyone was affected. My Aunts died from second-hand smoking.

I grew up in a smoking house. It was normal back in the fifties. And of course, I acquired the habit, which quickly became an addiction. I recall trying to stop using cigarettes when I was in art school!

I haven't smoked in a long time, but realize that I may still "pay the price" in the future. I'm sure that I have many pre-cancerous cells because of the self-inflicted toxic habit. On the bright side, I (at 57) can outrun a 32-year-old in a sprint of fifty yards! Yeah Baby!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania