Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 06:05 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,348,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
The Radisson in Scranton will most likely be booked as well, pretty popular place on V-day....Try the Hilton in Scranton or the Clarion.....
I would recommend staying away from the Clarion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2009, 06:07 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,348,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by W-B proud View Post
Why not just take a short drive to the Pocono's. They specialize in romantic getaways, and offer a much broader range of romantic, Valentine's day type stuff then you'll find in Scranton. Try looking up Cove Haven on the computer, or Ceasar's Pocono.Try this www.ceasarspoconoresort.com. Good Luck! Othewise The Woodlands, or Radisson like others have suggested, but they will probably be sold out. Also, the Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs would be a good option, even if you do not gamble, they have a plethora of dinning and shopping options like The Rustic Kitchen and Ruth's Chris Steak House, and how about a local Bed and Breakfast. That would be pretty romantic I'd imagine?
The Ceasar's Pocono Resorts tend to be quite pricey. The Radisson or Hilton would be less expensive.

Old 01-04-2009, 07:22 PM

109 posts, read 366,892 times
If you like a hotel that isn't like a usual hotel, then the Radisson is a good choice, but like someone said, it is probably booked, but you never know. The Radisson is a real piece of history in Scranton.

Relatives have stayed at the hilton downtown (about two blocks from the radisson and haven't had any problems there). They have also stayed at the Farfield inn on viewmont dr (it may be considered Dickson city), and I haven't heard any complaints about it.

Stay away from the Hampton Inn near Montage Mountain...at all costs! Also there is a Marriott on Montage Mtn. it caters to business clientele and is pretty basic, so not a romantic getaway.

I have been to Settlers Inn in Hawley on Valentines day...expect to be there a long while. But the food was delicious and very unique and it had a nice atmosphere. The menu isn't what you would find at your typical restaurant. So if quail and pheasant aren't up your alley, you may want to look elsewhere.

I have always loved Sibio's in dunmore. The food is great (italian fare). Just try to find a hotel and restaurant soon, b/c they will be booking quickly! Have a great Valentine's day, and no matter where you stay or where you dine, as long as you are with the one you love, it will be a great night!!

Old 01-12-2009, 03:28 PM

287 posts, read 549,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coartist88 View Post
you could always stop by the Clarks summit festival of Ice if you are in the area...it's free...Ice sculpting...here's the site...it's weekend of Feb. 14th.

Clarks Summit Festival of Ice
I'd definitely like to check that out. I saw they have some wine tasting event there that weekend also, which is something I want to do...don't know about him though!

Old 01-12-2009, 03:36 PM

2,317 posts, read 5,129,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heathernichole View Post
I'd definitely like to check that out. I saw they have some wine tasting event there that weekend also, which is something I want to do...don't know about him though!

that is going to be at the wine store in chincilla....

If you are interested in wine tasting....there are alot of places you can go..

Welcome | Nimble Hill Vineyard and Winery

Bartolai Winery

Maiolatesi Wine Cellars | PA Winery | PA Wine | PA Wine Spirits | Pennsylvania Winery

the maiolatesi winery is planning to have a wine bar/winery..open by the
end of january...it will be not that far from the ice festival..in scott township..

Old 01-12-2009, 03:38 PM

287 posts, read 549,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvysmom View Post
I have always loved Sibio's in dunmore. The food is great (italian fare). Just try to find a hotel and restaurant soon, b/c they will be booking quickly! Have a great Valentine's day, and no matter where you stay or where you dine, as long as you are with the one you love, it will be a great night!!
I keep telling him that and he should know better! He's from there (Blakely specifically) yet I wind up being the one to look for things! Thanks though. I really hope everything ends up working out!

Old 01-30-2009, 12:40 PM

411 posts, read 1,290,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greentown View Post
The Settler's Inn in Hawley might be nice. Here's a link to their website: Pocono Mountains PA Bed and Breakfast Lodge, The Settlers Inn B&B in Pennsylvania
That is an awesome choice.

Old 01-30-2009, 12:43 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,820,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
I would recommend staying away from the Clarion.
The Clarion isn't bad. Its not luxury accomodations, but its not supposed to be.

Old 01-30-2009, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
The Ceasar's Pocono Resorts tend to be quite pricey. The Radisson or Hilton would be less expensive.
The Radisson and Hilton are nice places, but not exactly romantic, if that's what they're looking for.

For a romantic getaway, Caesar's Cove Haven is nice.

Old 01-30-2009, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathernichole View Post
I'm still living in VA (no, it doesn't excite me a bit) but I am going to be visiting my boyfriend for Valentine's Day weekend. He lives in the area (with roommates). We are both pretty limited financially right now. But I am trying to figure out something nice to do, whether there are any decent, but not extremely costly hotels in the area (willing to travel somewhere outside of Scranton, also). It will be our first Valentine's Day together in years (we were high school sweethearts) and our first time seeing each other in awhile so I'd like for this to be a pretty special Valentine's Day if we can make it one. Anyway, just asking for some ideas!

Thanks in advance
For dinner, I would recommend Rossi's in Archbald. Nice place, you do need reservations, but the food is great, the portions are huge, and its not expensive.
Here's their website:Rossi's Ristorante.Com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania