U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 07:00 PM

538 posts, read 783,310 times
Default Snowstorm?

I see NEPA is in for a snowstorm or two this weekend. Take care and be careful if you have to go out on the roads. My mother-in-law lives in Allentown, but she left on Monday for her three-month stay in Florida, so she got away just in time.

Here in So. Calif., we are in for another blast of Santa Ana Winds (the same winds that stoked the fires here in November) and temperatures around 80-85 degrees over the weekend. I'm just hoping that we don't have another firestorm this time around. The one in November was the worst we've ever seen, and we've been living here for 32 years.

Anyway, I was just thinking of all of you and hoping you all safely weather the storm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2009, 07:15 PM

1,464 posts, read 1,923,890 times
Thanks, Rosanne. We all have our Milk, Eggs and Bread so I guess we'll all make French Toast tomorrow. I will venture into work and make French Toast there.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:36 PM

915 posts, read 1,989,058 times
Yes we have our 10 gallons of milk, 32 loaves of bread, 6 dozen eggs, countless pounds of cold meat and cheese !! We're ready !!!
I wonder why we do that, no one has been snowed in for more than a day in 30 years
Roseanne - how nice of you to think of us !!

Old 01-09-2009, 08:59 PM

25,888 posts, read 44,198,304 times
I'll be heading into work tomorrow from about 10 AM-7 PM to sell grills and leaf blowers to the throngs of people who will be knocking down our doors during a heavy snow fall!

Old 01-09-2009, 09:09 PM

2,511 posts, read 3,732,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
I'll be heading into work tomorrow from about 10 AM-7 PM to sell grills and leaf blowers to the throngs of people who will be knocking down our doors during a heavy snow fall!
All hope is not lost! I'm sure you might sell a grill or two for those diehard Eagles and Giants fans, who might grill in the middle of a blizzard. Now, if you could find a way to get 10% of the snow shovel and snowblower action, that Mini Cooper could be in your near future!

Old 01-09-2009, 09:20 PM

537 posts, read 844,596 times
Default Just a couple of inches....

I continue to be surprised at all the fuss. I grew up with snow drifts that covered our front door! Remember snow fences? It's January folks. Let it snow! If I don't make it to Centralia, I'll be walking in the snow.

Old 01-09-2009, 10:39 PM

888 posts, read 1,536,317 times
Well I work tomorrow at about 2 pm...so I'll have a fun drive home. But I'm making it a point to actually drag myself out of bed early Sunday to go take some pics of the area.

Old 01-09-2009, 11:07 PM

538 posts, read 783,310 times
That would be great! I'd love to see some pictures of the snow from anyone that has the time and inclination to take some. Just be careful out there.

Old 01-10-2009, 05:40 AM

372 posts, read 726,050 times
Funny, I was doing my regualr grocery shopping and it wasn't complete bedlam there. Maybe too early, as I went around lunchtime yesterday!?!?

No big plans here. Hubby is continuing to hang drywall in the basement and I will (hopefully) get my daughter down for LL softball signups this morning. Then we're having friends over for dinner tonight - lasagna!! Yummy!

And now, my "mom" statement - whoever is venturing out today, drive smart and safe. And if you don't have to go, then don't.

Okay, now I'm done!

Old 01-10-2009, 05:47 AM

2,474 posts, read 3,173,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkotb View Post
Yes we have our 10 gallons of milk, 32 loaves of bread, 6 dozen eggs, countless pounds of cold meat and cheese !! We're ready !!!
I wonder why we do that, no one has been snowed in for more than a day in 30 years
Roseanne - how nice of you to think of us !!
LOL!! You should see the stores here before a hurricane!! No perishables either!!

After being up there, snow is now on my "four-letter word" list!!

Everyone be careful!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania