Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 09:13 PM

32,617 posts, read 77,614,858 times

Advertisements

In 2009 I'd like for my fellow faithful forum friends (how's THAT for alliteration?! LOL!) to make it a goal of theirs to break out of the bubble they call the NEPA sub-forum and explore City-Data a bit more thoroughly. I split my time between this forum and many other forums where I've found people to be quite helpful, informative, insightful, and in many cases great debaters and thinkers. Occasionally I'll see a post from John From Scranton, Summering, I LOVE PA, or go phillies on another City-Data forum, but the great majority of you seem to be NEPA-centric hermits! City-Data is a very large and exciting place; get out there and enjoy it as a special favor to me!

Here's a general list of state/city forums I "lurk" in and/or post to on at least a monthly basis, on average:

Maine (Including Portland Sub-Forum)
Massachusetts (Including Boston Sub-Forum)
Minnesota (Including Minneapolis/St. Paul Sub-Forum)
Nebraska (Including Omaha Sub-Forum)
New Jersey
New York (Including Buffalo, NYC, and Syracuse Sub-Forums)
Ohio (Including Cincinnati Sub-Forum)
Pennsylvania (Including All Sub-Forums)
Rhode Island
Virginia (Including Northern Virginia Sub-Forum)
Washington (Including Seattle Sub-Forum)
Wisconsin (Including Madison Sub-Forum)

Besides being a domestic geographical junkie I also like the following forums:

About the Forum
Automotive
Business, Financing, and Investing
Canada
Education
General U.S. Forum
Great Debates
Other Topics
Politics and Other Controversies
Relationships
Shopping and Consumer Products
Work and Employment
World

What other forums do you like to "lurk" in or contribute to? What ones might you start looking into more this year?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2009, 09:26 PM

1,973 posts, read 5,275,124 times
I check out the other Pa. forum's, as well as Minneapolis, Miami, and Chicago from time to time.

Old 01-10-2009, 09:40 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,133,339 times
florida,entertainment,moving,relationships,renting

Old 01-10-2009, 10:28 PM

4,083 posts, read 9,097,857 times
Hobbies, New Jersey, US Territories....

Old 01-11-2009, 01:35 AM

106,673 posts, read 108,833,673 times
new york city, and real estate.... i loooooove the arguments on both

Old 01-11-2009, 04:42 AM

182 posts, read 502,969 times
Relationships
Pets/Cats
Wyoming
Alaska
Entertainment/Books/Music
Green Living
Photography

Old 01-11-2009, 05:05 AM

1,418 posts, read 3,584,329 times
I check out New Jersey on occasion. I didn't know there was a cat board!! I will definitely be checking that out.

Old 01-11-2009, 07:22 AM

936 posts, read 2,397,850 times
Unfortunately, I cant keep up with this forum!!!

I have been on NYC and when something gets moved and I want to comment on it I will follow it but thats it. Maybe I will get a little more adventurous in the future.

Old 01-11-2009, 07:35 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,665,452 times
New Jersey.........My hometown state........and those wonderful ocean beaches....
New York........My Broadway Show and adventure place
DE........Because of Fenwick, Bethany, Rehoboth......Those wonderful beaches.
South Carolina.......Because I live here part of the year. I love it here
NEPA........Mostly because I love my home and friends in PA ( other PA threads)
Florida.......Ah, I always call it my favorite state
Trivia........Games when things get slow
The Village........because I love, love, the people in the Village
Photography..........because I find it fun....and I like it light, not too serious
Homes and Real Estate......I love helping people stage their homes. I love seeing whats up here there and everywhere ...
Pets..........when I need some info
Travel.......when I need to venture out and about........

Old 01-11-2009, 07:39 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,115,048 times
I always try to start off in NEPA... to see if I can offer any helpful info...

then I trot off to Community Chat, where I have inherited a thread called The Village, which all are welcome to come play in...(Our sweet Summeing visits often) we do creative stuff, post funny pictures and graphics & get to know people from other towns, cities and countries.

I like Other Topics...I make a point to do Karla with a K's Question of the day as often as I can. It's a great way to get to know off the wall stuff about some city data folks.

I also am active in House, Interior Decorating, I like going to Green Living to see how others are Going Green........... In Entertainment, it's TV (gotta talk about Top Chef) and Books. I like the Photography forum, and wish some of our talented photographers would join me over there...

Have a fun city~data day, everyone.... it's lots of fun to roam...but there is no place like home..

NEPA Rocks!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania