Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 07:03 PM

703 posts, read 1,546,571 times

Advertisements

Wow, you guys really responded to this one! Let me go through them:

State Street Grill in Clarks Summit.

I've been there before a few years ago. This is definitely a good suggestion.

Micky D's in Clarks Summit

Sorry, John, but we don't need the picture menus, thanks.

Whistlers

Oh where is this? I've been to Whistles (hardly a date place haha, more like a pickup place). But I haven't heard of Whistlers.

Smiler's in Dickson City

Interesting. How's the food? I went to the bar a few years ago. Nice place.

Brixx in Downtown Scranton

Gonna nix this one. I'm not really enamored with the place.

Thai Thai in Downtown Wilkes-Barre

Perhaps not that restaurant (Wilkes-Barre a bit far), but the Thai idea sounds fantastic. Why not go for something different on the first date? It'll give us something to talk about!

Cooper's in Pittston/Scranton (Although the food/service is often sub-par)

I like Coopers for drinks, but as you said, not so much for food. And she was just there, so I'll have to nix this one.

Kildare's in Moosic (Although this place is often TOO loud!)

Although this would be a great after-dinner place, and it's practically my home base, and we're both Irish (okay this sounds like a good selection, doesn't it?), I'm gonna have to choose a different place. To me it's too open, too cold. Ambience isn't really right, even though the noise levels are.

a movie at the old Dietrich Theater and dinner at Twig's Restaurant
Rossi's in Archbald
Elegante in Honesdale
The Castle, a dinner theater place in Dallas?
Alora Room in Peckville

These are all good selections for future dates, but a bit too far for the first one.

Carmens at the Radisson, besides they got the rooms right up stairs

I'm not proposing to her, jeez.

Villa Maria in West Side

Good choice! I've never been there but the menu looks very nice.

Ragnacci's in Dunmore
Harbor House
La Trattoria on Moosic St.
Fascia Luna
Sidels in N Scranton
Bistocchi's in Dunmore

Can anyone tell me more about these?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2009, 07:27 PM

858 posts, read 3,044,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Commish View Post
Wow, you guys really responded to this one! Let me go through them:

Micky D's in Clarks Summit

Sorry, John, but we don't need the picture menus, thanks.
Well Commish, the only reason I said Micky D's..... Is well.... we all know im really not good at spelling, so thats were I go on first dates.. I can just look at the picture and point to what I want to eat!! Reading is bit hard aswell for me... So them pictures really come in handy!!

Old 01-12-2009, 07:45 PM

2,473 posts, read 5,453,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John From Scranton View Post
Well Commish, the only reason I said Micky D's..... Is well.... we all know im really not good at spelling, so thats were I go on first dates.. I can just look at the picture and point to what I want to eat!! Reading is bit hard aswell for me... So them pictures really come in handy!!
ROFLMFAO!!! Them pictures sure do get me right ready to et some vittles!! Y'all cotton to some 'possum shank & goober peas with crawdad dressin'??

Old 01-12-2009, 08:46 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,662,148 times
Whistlers

" Oh where is this? I've been to Whistles (hardly a date place haha, more like a pickup place). But I haven't heard of Whistlers" Quote: Commish......

Oh Geez........"lers" and "les" .....By Gosh I think it has to be the same place. Oh funny....
Perhaps you were sitting at the bar. There is another dining room. Anyhow we go for lunch or early dinner. I imagine the college gang is there later in the eve. I didn't see any " Pickups"...LMHO
Ok knock that one off the list............Have ya' narrowed it yet? Nah........not Thai. What if she doesn't like that type of food.......gosh, because yikes...not everyone would.

Old 01-12-2009, 08:54 PM
mgb

97 posts, read 260,789 times
Russell's on Ash St(down the street from Heil's) if it's still open. I haven't been there in awhile, but it was nice.

Old 01-12-2009, 09:18 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,600,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgb View Post
Russell's on Ash St(down the street from Heil's) if it's still open. I haven't been there in awhile, but it was nice.
I like Mansour's in that area too for a cozy chat. That's where I met two other forum members back in 2007 I do believe.

Old 01-12-2009, 10:06 PM

2,760 posts, read 3,952,760 times
I would defintely try Villa Maria in West Side...food is great the atmosphere is lovely and they treat you like you are a regular the first time in!

Old 01-12-2009, 10:08 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,819,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveinbloom View Post
I would defintely try Villa Maria in West Side...food is great the atmosphere is lovely and they treat you like you are a regular the first time in!
I second that. Villa Maria is a great place.

Old 01-12-2009, 10:10 PM

2,760 posts, read 3,952,760 times
[quote=go phillies;6970167]I second that. Villa Maria is a great place.[/QUOTE

Cool see we have so much in common!

Old 01-12-2009, 11:05 PM

703 posts, read 1,546,571 times
Wow, looks like Villa Maria might be the place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John From Scranton View Post
Yes, that's what I was getting at.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania