Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2009, 12:58 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,763,155 times

Advertisements

OK...I have dined at the Sterling Inn before, but their web-site has nothing about a Restaurant anymore. They do offer meals to guests, but I would think they also rely on the dining of the locals to keep them in business. Anyone know the scoop on this?

Also...was wondering if anyone has dined at The raintree lately? I know it is no longer owned by the Hazzard family, but I cannot find a web-site for them. Was wondering what their hours are and if anyone has tried their Sunday brunch lately?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2009, 01:42 PM

910 posts, read 2,991,538 times
Laurie and David Hazzard still have a local business in Monroe County, but here's the new Rainetree
Welcome To The Rainetree - Restaurant of South Sterling

Havent been there since it's changed hands. I think it will be very different without David's flare and interesting concoctions

Old 01-13-2009, 03:13 PM

Thanks for the link! Ah....that extra 'e' was not in my spelling!
I did have lunch in the summer with the new owners and it was a very pleasant experience, and for the price of McDonalds! Has anyone tried the brunch there?

Old 01-13-2009, 03:38 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,656,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poconosmama View Post
Laurie and David Hazzard still have a local business in Monroe County, but here's the new Rainetree
Welcome To The Rainetree - Restaurant of South Sterling

Havent been there since it's changed hands. I think it will be very different without David's flare and interesting concoctions
Where is the Hazzard's business that is located in Monroe County?

My ex lives just down the road from the Raintree and said it will be very different. David is a chef and the new owner that bought it is just a cook. So there is your difference right there.

Old 01-13-2009, 06:24 PM

My lunch in the summer.....I had a delicious wrap sandwich with the frsshest of ingredients, a chicken salad with all the trimming and I think the chicken salad was made to order. It came with a side of potato salad that was also very home made and fresh with a little differnet flair to it. My daughter had a burger that wasn't just meat...it was a seasoned burger....also freshly made. OK...it was only lunch...but the view is gorgeous and I felt like I was a million miles from home.

Old 01-13-2009, 06:34 PM

996 posts, read 3,277,723 times
I have heard good things about the new Rainetree - just haven't gotten there to try it yet. I did have dinner a few times at the previous restaurant, and can't say that I remember the food to be exceptionally good, so I guess that's why we never went there very much.

Old 08-21-2009, 12:21 PM

1 posts, read 4,812 times
Anyone who has been to the Rainetree will know that the food is excellent and the atmosphere is even more elegant that is ever was in the past.

As far and the new owners opening with just a cook, you are incorrect. There are two chef's one a culinary graduate of the Atlantic Culinary Institute and the other has worked with the previous owners for over 10 years.

The patio is spectacular.

We had a small gathering there and everyone commented on how wonderful everything was. While we were there someone ordered 10lb lobsters and has a seafood feast.

If that wasn't enough to turn heads, I don't know what will.

Their prices are fairly priced for the portions that you get and the drinks are not without mention.

IF you haven't been there, maybe you should go instead of listening to someone else.

Old 08-21-2009, 12:36 PM

3,756 posts, read 9,549,693 times
Great thanks for the information. We are going there next month for a Women's Club luncheon!!

Old 08-21-2009, 03:27 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,656,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEDIAMOND64 View Post
Great thanks for the information. We are going there next month for a Women's Club luncheon!!
Drove by it so many times, never been there though, heard only good things about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania