Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 07:39 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,763,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveinbloom View Post
Thinking of you and sending a cyber hug! Do not ever apologize for being a real caring human being and a devoted daughter! Neither are easy to find nowadays!
Thank you.....I feel better already!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2009, 07:41 PM

287 posts, read 549,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE PA! View Post
heathernichole....St Joseph's has a very good reputation here. Their web-site is pretty informative and they do have some events listed on their web-site. I was just looking at it the other day. I was thinking of volunteering for their big Festival that they have every year. It is in a nice neighborhood that is conveniently located. The people here, in my opinion, have a very good work ethic in the health care fields. I have always felt like I, or my family, has gotten very good health care from very conscienceous people.
God Bless you and your daughters. Hope your move works out just fine.
Thank you I'm very cautious when it comes to her care (she's very special) so I hope I have a good experience when I come and visit there next month!

Old 01-13-2009, 07:45 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heathernichole View Post
Thank you I'm very cautious when it comes to her care (she's very special) so I hope I have a good experience when I come and visit there next month!
I don't believe you'll have any worries. I've heard nothing but good things about St. Joseph's Center, and best of all if you wanted your dear daughter to stay overnight on occasion you could live just a block away because it's a very, very safe, nice neighborhood of town.

Old 01-13-2009, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Thank you.....I feel better already!!!
HUUUGGSSS!!! You're watching Nip-Tuck, and I'm watching South Park. Looks like we both ave our guilty pleasures! LOL!

Old 01-13-2009, 09:07 PM

287 posts, read 549,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
I don't believe you'll have any worries. I've heard nothing but good things about St. Joseph's Center, and best of all if you wanted your dear daughter to stay overnight on occasion you could live just a block away because it's a very, very safe, nice neighborhood of town.
That sounds better than having to drive through the bridge-tunnel and it taking 30 minutes just to go and see her!

Old 01-14-2009, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
HUUUGGSSS!!! You're watching Nip-Tuck, and I'm watching South Park. Looks like we both ave our guilty pleasures! LOL!

Paul, I would have thought you'd be a nip tuck kinda guy!! Have you ever watched it?
I say......when HeatherNichole finds her way up here Paul...you and I meet her for lunch!! I'm sure that her visit with St. Joseph's will be the key that makes everything else fall in place. I read somewhere that the staff are so dedicated, that many of them took patients home over the holidays whose families were not able or for those who have no family.

Old 01-14-2009, 07:37 AM

2,473 posts, read 5,452,072 times
Quote:
Wow...what a response! Thanks guys!
I'm thinking I will look into the meals on wheels....the cooking and preparing portion. Also St. Francis Kitchen....I don't think I can deal with direct contact with the people in need right now.
It's kinda deep...I'm sure lots go through what I've been through but for some reason I'm not handling it well. I spent a lot of the last 7 or 8 years in the hospital with either one parent or the other. I've also seen a lot while there. I'm relieved that my Dad's suffering is over, but also overwhelmed with what might be in store for my Mom in whatever time she has on this earth and it's effecting my ability to function. Most days she is fine...she can do her housework, balance the checkbook...take care of the bills, do her own shopping when she gets a ride and is in reasonably good health. BUT...I see changes over the last year...a failing memory, some very un-logical thought patterns, she constantly falls, (basically doing things she should be more careful doing), but doesn't call for help, confussion, and she is very lonely, basically slowing down and looking very frail and worn out. She stays up all night and then has a hard time staying alert during the day. She tells people things that probably make them think she has the lousiest family in the world I'm sure. Personal details that she has always kept to herself are now told to anyone who will listen.
She will soon be coming to live with me in her own living space and I'm hoping things improve, but I WORRY constantly about her. Right now she is sick with a stomach bug and I'll be up all night worrying. I can't go there and risk catching something as I work in someones home and we are expecting a newborn...today! Nothing I can do for her anyway, she's sleeping.
SO!!!! This is why I need a volunteer job....to take a break from my constant worrying. I can't expose myself to anything else to worry about right now or I might go over the deep end. I know I sound like I need to get a grip, there are others that have it much worse than me, have been through much worse....I realize that. AND I worry about those people too. I'm on a runaway worrying train. I obcess about what the future holds for all of us. I'm determined to take care of her to the very end no matter what it takes. I'm honestly deeply dissappointed in my family and her friends as no one goes to see her and she has no way of going to see them. She only has one friend who visits her who is 90 and she has been a God send. I try to go as often as I can and sit and watch Dr. Phil with her....whom she loves and I HATE. I take her to church, Doctor's appointments, shopping, wherever she wants to go.

Ok...I'm ranting...just wanted to give you a little insight on why I need a volunteer position with not too much personal contact.
You have your hands full ILP!! Just remember God never gives us more than we can handle & you do have the strength to keep going!!

It gets me PO'd about family members as well....seems if it's not about them, it don't matter!! This makes you SO much the better & more enlightened person, & all you can do is pray for them to also "wake up" & see the real priorities in life!!

With your love of food, I can see you volunteering at a food charity!! Hey...who knows...it may turn into your own personal mission in life!!

I can see it now...."Pierogi For The Poor"!!! (just kidding)

Seriously, when the right time & opportunity come about, you'll know what's right & it'll flow...

I'm honored to know you ILP!! And I KNOW the Guy (Gal) upstairs is blessing you!!

Old 01-14-2009, 08:56 AM

You're so DANG sweet JG!!
Funny thing is that the family that is here are mostly older and all their kids don't live anywhere near here so someday they are going to need help and who will be there for them....I won't be like that though. I just really need to get a mental grip and remind myself that i'm not going through anything so horrible. People have had it much worse. Just somedays I get overwhelmed....
Yes...the food thing sounds good to me too.....but I'd have to take all pierogi home!!!!

Old 01-14-2009, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Paul, I would have thought you'd be a nip tuck kinda guy!! Have you ever watched it?
I say......when HeatherNichole finds her way up here Paul...you and I meet her for lunch!! I'm sure that her visit with St. Joseph's will be the key that makes everything else fall in place. I read somewhere that the staff are so dedicated, that many of them took patients home over the holidays whose families were not able or for those who have no family.
I'm game for it. The three of us will meet up for lunch at Brixx, visit and take a tour of St. Joseph's Center, and then hit up Manning's for some ice cream. Heyna or no?! I think Heather could probably use some support from us if we were to tag along with her as she discusses the services available to her for her daughter there. You and I can play tour guide too! WOOOOO!! Maybe we'll go to lunch at Kay's out in Lake Ariel instead. I miss eating there now that I have no reason to be out that way on a regular basis (sniffle, sniffle!)

Old 01-14-2009, 01:23 PM

Paul,,,there is a coupon in todays paper for Brixx....buy one entree...get one free!! Good deal!
I haven't been there yet.

Manning's Banana ice cream...yum! The last time I was there it was about 10 degrees out and I got banana in a waffle cone and I think it weighed about 2 pounds! No lie! It was HUGE!!!!!! It was supposed to be 2 scoops, but it looked like 10...it looked like my scoops were giving birth to more scoops...Ok...get the picture?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania