Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 09:39 PM

1,162 posts, read 2,999,848 times

Advertisements

I do not like the Marquee Theater at all. And ya know, my girlfriends and I could EASILY have walked in and STOLEN A MOVIE - LOL - the night we went there. We had purchased tickets very early and then went to the Mall for a while until it was time for the movie. We were easily gone from the theater two hours (we were in Scranton for a girls night.) When we came back, NOBODY questioned us, nobody asked to see our tickets - it wasn't like the place was empty either, there were lots of people milling around but no employees in sight except at the snack counter.

The theater was dirty, and yeah, creepy. It's a MUCH nicer experience to go to the Cinemark.

Old 01-16-2009, 09:41 PM

1,251 posts, read 3,304,602 times
A warrant for a $5 poster allegedly stolen about three years ago? Please tell me you're not remotely serious. I'm no fan, but that'd be a tremendous waste of time and resources. The judge who signed off on that warrant would deserve all the grief he'd no doubt get. God knows I'd never defend the guy, but I think you just bought a bridge in Brooklyn believing everything you read on the interwebs.

Free advice...you have no recently deceased kin in Nigeria. Trust me.

Old 01-17-2009, 05:50 AM

3,236 posts, read 6,641,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Well that's what I'm saying. I don't normally "tattle" on others (contrary to popular belief), but all the owners of Marquee would have to do would be to check out Doherty Deceit, print off that message signed by Joe Pilchesky himself, and then petition the local law enforcement to obtain a warrant to search his home to retrieve their stolen poster. I suppose King's has instilled too firm of a moral compass within me to EVER consider doing something like that. Other than speeding on I-81 and having a few questionable hook-ups over the years I'm a regular goody-two-shoes otherwise. I don't think you should EVER feel "tempted" to do the wrong thing just because you know you won't be caught. I'm sure that couple from Bloomsburg thought the same thing with that large bank error as they fled to Florida to live the high life for a brief period of time before being apprehended.
I would never do anything like that either and not defending his actions. I think he was pointing out that the owners really don't care about their business to let him get away with that. He was testing the waters and got a free movie and poster out of it. I don't think they would go through all of that trouble to get a poster back. One thing is for certain though, they have to get a different owner in there, one who really cares about the business.

Old 01-30-2009, 11:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,322 times
Default Marquee Cinemas

I was told that Marquee Cinemas is being sued by the Steamtown Mall, so when thats all done. Marquee Cinemas will be evicted. Does anyone know how to find court dates for stuff like this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania